Christmas Ball

Christmas Confirmation--- Completed.

 

Chapter 1
 
---------
 
Hebe kept on shaking due to the nervousness she was experiencing. Hello, this is a so-called COUPLES PARTY. And guess what! She went with no one. Why did she still decide to attend by herself? Gosh. She looks completely pathetic right now. Everyone is on the dance floor, swaying their hips off while she sat quietly in her seat for the last twenty minutes. All she could probably do was stare--- the whole time.
 
'This is so embarrassing.' She wanted to slap herself and tried to close her eyes, thinking of a way to drown herself with her thoughts.
 
This is crazy. First, she went alone. Second, she’d been sitting on that chair for a while now. And thirdly, the only one who has been witnessing her pathetic state is no other than her useless orange juice drink. Great, just great! What a nice way to spend your night on a Christmas ball. Way to go Hebe!
 
"Wow, I thought I just spotted someone familiar. Scratch that--- too familiar." A suave voice said behind as her eyes flung open, wondering who it was. She didn't completely shot her head up, but cautiously waited for the figure to appear right in front of her. After all, she didn’t want anyone to recognize her that very moment. 
 
"Need I, to come closer?" His voice started getting a bit louder while slowly approaching Hebe who froze in her spot and didn't dare move a muscle. "Hebe, you're not expecting anyone," He made his way right in front of her coolly while turning to look at her and slowly leaned over to whisper in her ear, "Are you?" He said as he grinned evilly which made Hebe's cheeks turned reddish from embarrassment.
 
He chuckled and leaned back, trying not to more. He knew that she was blushing and that made his smile grew. Hebe could only gulp and try to maintain her heartbeat’s pace, the way it was before he showed up.  He then offered his hand, with a black glove in it. "Care to dance, Ms. Loner?" He winked at her playfully while she said nothing; hence, she only nodded, stood up and accepted his invitation which was, to dance with him on the dance floor. "Boys and girls, lets end this night with a soft and slow music, shall we?" The people shouted and cheered as the DJ changed the setting of the songs and including the lights.
 
The atmosphere was more like a peaceful one she thought. She felt drying up seeing their hands, intertwined with each other. Hmmm, is this a mere dream? If it is, she wouldn’t want to wake up. 
 
Aaron noticed that she was shaking and this made him alarm. He immediately took off his coat and wrapped it around carefully onto Hebe's fragile shoulder. "You're cold, right?"
 
Hebe who was displaying a puzzled look on her face--- he then assumed it was. "Guess you are." He rested his arm onto her shoulder and drew her closer towards him while walking and heading towards the center of the dance floor where the disco ball was hanging.
 
Hebe thought that she literally lost her voice when he looked at her like that. First, she wasn't feeling cold. She was shaking due to the close proximity they are both having. She didn't respond when he asked her since she was too happy seeing Aaron actually caring for her! She had never seen this side of his. It’s the first time she felt warmth with him and that definitely made her day. 
 
Without further ado, Hebe stomped off her right foot on the ground which clearly meant that she wanted to stay on that position. She turned to Aaron who was displaying a confused look at her sudden action. “What’s wrong?”
 
"Um, why don't we dance here?" She stared while smiling weakly at him. He wanted to ask her why but shrug off the thought and simply responded a smile. Both turned to face each other as the song was starting.
 
Hebe was reluctant to put her two arms around his neck. Sensing this, he wanted to make her feel comfortable with him around. "It’s fine." He helped her two shivering arms by grabbing a hold of it and placing it slowly above his shoulder which made Hebe gulp and blush really mad as she quickly looked to a different direction, avoiding small stares from each other. She then later on started wrapping her fingers around his neck without glancing at him fully.
 
He could grin secretly to how she was acting. She looked cute he thought as he suddenly hugged her waist with the use of his strong hands and press herself involuntary against his body which made Hebe shriek a little. 
 
"Eeek!" Her eyes widen while Aaron let out a smile. Gosh, now what?
 
Aaron now had leaned his head against hers. He then took the initiative to start swaying his body along with hers in a smooth rhythm as she felt her stress and worries flew out of the window and joined him as she rested her forehead as well.
 
Hebe felt like she was in a paradise. If she was given the chance to explain how she’s feeling right now, she couldn’t put it into words. She was indeed elated right now and that part of her had been too long away. These kinds of emotions were so new to her. She even thought that this night would be such a complete disaster. But Aaron came to the rescue and saved her. In fairytales, it was like he was the prince and she was the damsel in distress.
 
All of these---- seems to be a dream. She dreamt that she would have the privilege to be in his arms. She never thought that her wishes could happen in this kind of setting. Everything felt weird to her since these were all too impossible for her to accept. Dancing with him? That’s too absurd! 
 
She wanted to continue debating with herself when a sudden voice interrupted her thoughts. "I thought you went with Mike tonight."
 
Hebe couldn't see his expression but only stayed in her position, trying to listen and respond to Aaron at the same time. "No, I wasn't."
 
"You weren't?" She felt as if he was trying to be sarcastic, but shrug the thought off. "I'm not, really."
 
"You sure? That's not what I saw last week though." 
 
Still leaning, but her body stiffened a little. "We're just friends~"
 
"Really? Funny, I can't see it like that." It seemed the atmosphere started getting tighter every second they were holding each other’s arm. She didn’t know why, but she felt that she should step away from him. Hebe then decided to push him as hard as she can but was stopped by Aaron, who was holding onto her waist strongly. He gripped it with his two hands as Hebe struggled to flee from his grasp. "Let me go!" 
 
"You think you can get away just like that?" He said in a mono tone as Hebe tried getting off. "Let me go!" She repeated.
 
"Hebe."
 
"Aaron, let me go this instant!"
 
"Don't tell me what to do. If you're scared right now, I'm angrier!" Both stood and stopped swaying. In other words, both stop dancing. It seems Hebe felt like Aaron was hurt or something. If he wasn't bothered, why was he acting and saying things without thinking? She was starting to get confused with his sudden behavior. And what's worst? He shouted at her. "If you aren't going out with Mike, then why you both did talked so sweetly at your locker?" 
 
No, he saw them, her and Mike. "No! You've misunderstood." Hebe felt herself tearing up and tried gripped onto his shoulder. No, what was happening?
 
Didn't everything started off nicely? How come everything went upside down? "I thought so." He took a step back which left Hebe startled and had let go her arms. His face had darkened. He looked mad and could eat someone alive right now. Everything started to go intense. Hebe didn't know anymore what to do. She sobbed as she faced at the ground. "Aaron, I didn't agree- to... Go with Mike because," Before she could hardly finish her sentence, Aaron coughed and bowed at her, addressing her as if she was a stranger. "Thank you for the dance. Goodnight," He then turns around and left her there, standing without a clue of what reasons did rage him to be and walk away like that.