first day on da job

Me, your kids and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey mom" Dahyun says placing the bouquet of flowers next to her bedside table. 

 

"Hi sweetheart" Her mom coughs and Dahyun frowns, she works too hard. She feels pathetic for not helping her mom much more. 

 

Dahyun and her family just consisted of her mom and her dad, she grew up in a rough neighbourhood with her parents struggling to provide anything more than just basic needs.

 

She wanted to help as soon as she was old enough to get a job, but both her parents didn't allow that and explained to her that they should be the one providing for her and that they didn't bring her into this world just for her to struggle with them. 

 

Of course with that came along with guilt from both of her parents. Her dad was a typical blue collar worker who worked hours and hours at construction sites and getting underpaid. 

 

With that he was barely home and even when he was home, he'd be too tired and rest all day. Until one day an unfortunate accident struck at his work place which caused him to get hospitalised and unfortunately pass away just leaving behind Dahyun and her mom. 

 

That was a rough patch in Dahyun's life. She has never felt so angry at the world. 

 

Her mom worked at a local grocery store every few days or so to try and make extra money for the family, but it was never enough to try and give Dahyun anything she wanted. 

 

Dahyun learnt from an early age to not ask for things she knew that her family couldn't afford, she instead entertained herself in her own fantasy world and made toys out of random stuff she could find around the house. 

 

She made a promise to herself that she would provide for her mom just like how she and her dad did. Give her anything she wants. 

 

Throughout her study years, she got bullied by multiple people mostly rich bastards from the rich part of town,who have no other form of entertainment then bully the people 'beneath' them.

 

So it was fair to say Dahyun did get into her fair share of fights through her teenage years, like a lot of fights. To the point where it would be odd to see her without a bruise on her face.

 

Of course that made her mom worry, and Dahyun always had to smile it off and say she was fine while she lets her mom attend her bruises and cuts. 

 

"I'm sorry, I feel so helpless, seeing you in this state" Her mom says as she wipes Dahyun's new cut on her cheek. 

 

Dahyun hisses and looks out the window "I'm fine mom, really, those rich bastards deserved it" Dahyun chuckles. 

 

"Don't swear in this household Dahyun" Her mom pulls on her ear making Dahyun groan in pain, her mom smiles and continues to take care of her face. 

 

"Even if they did deserve it, we don't want their parents getting involved, they have money we don't" 

 

"I got a trial for a babysitting job for a rich lady mom" Dahyun said smiling at her mom who gave her a weak smile.  

 

Her mom currently was sick very sick, and treatment for her was expensive thankfully Dahyun had something on the side that helped her with any of the medicines she needed. 

 

"Oh really?, well done sweetheart, is she nice?" Her mom asks.

 

Dahyun nods and smiles "She's well she's not a talkative person, but she's lovely to her kids" Dahyun said as she goes to the window and opens it up letting the spring breeze come in. 

 

"Is she married?" 

 

"No, I don't think so, she's Chaeyoung's cousin she's the reason why I even knew about the job offering" 

 

Dahyun looks back over to her mom who was now fast asleep again, she sighs and walks over to her and adjusts her blankets before giving her a kiss on the forehead. 

 

She looks at her watch and it was nearly time to set off for the hot lady's house. 

--

Dahyun was back to the same spot as yesterday and rings the buzzer again, this time it was Mrs Shin the housekeeper who answered.

 

"Hello?" 

 

"It's me Kim Dahyun the tester babysitter?" Dahyun said through the speaker. 

 

"Oh yes! Come right in dear" The old lady said, buzzing her in and opening the gates for her, Dahyun enters and walks down the gravely path that leads to the front steps of the huge mansion again. 

 

She still couldn't believe how rich the woman is.

 

She knocks on and Mrs shin answers greeting her with a smile "Miss Sana is just about to leave, you've just caught her in time" she said smiling at the pale girl. 


"Dahyun" Her name was spoken out, Dahyun looks to see where it came from and Sana was walking towards her in a skirt that came down half way her thighs and with a matching blazer and a white button down with the top button undone revealing her gold jewellery that was decorating her neck. 

 

Dahyun gulps at how intense the vibe of Sana was. 

 

"S-Sana" Dahyun stutters her name out. 

 

"The kids are still asleep" Sana said in her usual monotone voice that had a slight coldness to it.

 

"Oh" 

 

Sana raised an eyebrow at the response and eyed the girl down, she was slightly amused seeing the pale girl in her outside . In her baggy shirt that and top with a cap on. 

 

"Give me your number" 

 

Dahyun was caught off guard. 

 

"Wh-wh" 

 

"I'm not gonna ask again Dahyun" 

 

Dahyun felt like a child. 

 

" It's xxx-xxx-xxx" 

 

"I'll message you, goodbye" Sana walks out the door, leaving Dahyun confused.

 

"Have you had any breakfast dear?" Mrs Shin asks, Dahyun forgot she was there, she looked over at the sweet old woman. 

 

Just on cue her stomach growled and the old lady laughed. 

 

"I guess that's a yes, come on you can help me make breakfast for the kids" Mrs shin said gesturing Dahyun to follow her.

 

Dahyun followed her to the kitchen "Does Miss Minatozaki have a husband?" Dahyun asks the question had been lingering on her mind. 

 

Mrs Shin lets out a laugh "Don't be silly, Miss Sana doesn't like having men around, she actually had a-" she was interrupted by a little girl walking in the kitchen clutching onto her green dinosaur. 

 

Dahyun was curious on what Mrs Shin was gonna say, and brushed it off and instead walked over to the sleepy little girl. 

 

"Goodmorning Mizuki" Dahyun crouches down to her neigh and watches as she rubs her eyes cutely and opening them to meet Dahyun's.

 

"Goodmorning Da...hwun?" Mizuki said mixing up Dahyun's name, Dahyun chuckles. 

 

"Da..." Dahyun starts off with. 

 

"Da" Mizuki copies. 

 

"Hyun" 

 

"Hyun" 

 

"Dahyun!" Mizuki exclaims feeling like she has just accomplished something, Dahyun nods and gives her a small high-five. 

 

Mrs shin smiles at the interaction and starts to prepare breakfast with Dahyun offering to help her.

 

Mizuki went off into the living room to watch some cartoons. 

 

"She's a lively one that kid, the other two boys are very protective of her and their mom" Mrs Shin suddenly spoke.

 

"They're cute kids, hopefully they won't give me a workout" 

 

Mrs Shin lets out a heart laugh "Don't worry, it's not like they've chased out every other babysitter" 
 

Dahyun nervously chuckles. They seem like sweet kids, hopefully they like her enough to you know not drive her out. 

 

"You're making me worry more" Dahyun said e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter