Way too competitive

Me, your kids and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't run mizuki, you'll fall" Sana warns her daughter. 
 

"Mommy I wanna be there first" Mizuki groans, trying to hurry up the slow adults. 

 

"You're gonna tire yourself out before any of the events, listen to mom" Ren said using his big brother tone on his little sister. 

 

Mizuki pouts. 

 

"You can hop on my back, and we'll jog to the field" Dahyun said suggesting an idea, she didn't wanna ruin the little girl's day. 

 

Mizuki excitedly nods and Dahyun smiles crouching down and waited for Mizuki to hop on her back. 

 

"Go horse go!" Mizuki points straight ahead, earning a small laugh from Dahyun.

 

"Yes princess" Dahyun said before zooming off into the distance. 

 

"Be care-" Sana was about to shout but they were out of her sight in just mere moments. She lets out a sigh, Dahyun was clearly Mizuki's favourite. 

 

"They'll be fine. Now come on let's try and find a good spot to set up the picnic" Her mom snuck up behind her.

 

The Minatozaki family minus Sana's dad were all currently attending Mizuki's and Kiyoshi's sports day, and the two youngest of the family were eager to win awards, which caused them to rush everyone out of the house. 

 

Sana was never a fan of these events, they were too chaotic for her liking. Nevertheless she always tries to turn up to her kids events. 

 

Sana felt her phone ring in her pocket, she grabbed it and looked at the caller Id and instantly groaned seeing Nayeon in big letters. 

 

"What do you want, i'm busy" She answers. 

 

"Okay mrs grumpy, I was just calling to ask if you wanted to come out with us and have an 'alcohol' free night" Nayeon said a hint of mischief laced in her tone. 

 

Sana rolled her eyes "Is that what you really called me for?"  

 

Nayeon laughed "No, but is it something we need to do this week, I'm just calling to tell you me and the girls are pulling coming to Zuki's and Yoshi's sports event" 

 

Sana let out a big groan, not having the energy to deal with her loud friends "If you're coming, have the decency to bring me some coffee will you?" 
 

"Yes maam, see you there" Nayeon said and hung up the phone. 

 

"What's that look on your face for?" Her mom asks amused at the clear look of annoyance. 

 

"Your favourite girls are coming here" 

 

She saw her mom's eyes widen "How exciting!" 

 

---

The two women and the two boys finally found somewhere to set up and rest after carrying bags full of stuff that they might need for a long day ahead of them. 

 

"Ren baby, will you lay down the blanket" Sana asks as she gets all the things out and ready for the kids. 

 

Ren nods and follows his mom's instruction with Kiyoshi helping him. 


They laid down the beige picnic blanket and helped their mom and grandma lay things out. 

 

"Thanks boys, now go have fun" Sana said smiling at the two of them, without hesitation both of them ran in different directions. 

 

"They're all gonna be passed out when they get back inside the car" Her mom chuckles and sits down on the blanket followed by Sana. 

 

"Hopefully" Sana said, her eyes looked around trying to find a familiar pale girl and her daughter. She looked past endless families and finally spotted her. 

 

Sana's eyebrows furrowed as she looked over and saw Dahyun with the other moms from Mizuki's dance class all chatting and laughing. 

 

Sana knew what they wanted. 

 

"She seems like a socialable character" Her mom comments watching her daughter. 

 

"Yes she is, she's very...outgoing" Sana said continuing to watch the scene. 

 

She watched as one of the mom's slides their hands down Dahyun's arm as she laughs. 

 

Sana rolls her eyes. How shameless can people be. 

 

"Mommy!, look what Dahyun got me" Mizuki comes running towards them, making Sana's attention go to her instead. 

 

She was holding an ice-cream.

 

"Come here" Sana gestures her over, and grabs a small wipe. 

 

Mizuki comes and Sana grabs her face gently, wiping the ice cream that managed to get on the tip of her nose. 

 

"Thank you mommy" She gives Sana a grin "Will you hold it for me" Mizuki hands her ice cream over to her mom, before running off. 

 

"I'll go after her" Her mom said standing up to make sure her granddaughter doesn't cause any trouble.

 

Sana smiled and nodded watching her mom chase after Mizuki.

 

"She begged for that ice cream and she's barely eaten it" Dahyun comes walking towards them and sitting down next to Sana. 

 

Sana looked at her and just stared. 

 

"Hello? Miss Sana?" Dahyun waved her hands in front of the woman. 

 

"Oh sorry, I'm just out of it today" Sana gave her a small smile, making Dahyun's heart pump faster at how cute her smile was. 

 

Dahyun was too smitten with her employer. 

 

It's just a crush. 

 

"Are you excited to participate in the parent events?" Dahyun asks trying to start conversation with Sana. 

 

"I'm not too thrilled with the idea of beating other parents" 

 

"You make it sound like it's a violent thing" Dahyun laughed. 

 

"Have you seen most of them parents?, some of them are way too competitive" Sana said pointing towards the group of parents. 

 

"And you're not?" 

 

"Are you assuming i'm a competitive person Dahyun?" Sana asks looking at her. 

 

Dahyun gulped, one thing she will never get used to was how intense Sana's eyes were. 

 

"You're a ceo who runs multiple companies, aka fighting for stocks and whatever boring stuff that relates to that, isn't that a competitive field of work?" Dahyun said shrugging her shoulders. 


Sana let out a chuckle "I guess you have a point there, but i'd rather not spend my friday afternoon fighting with parents" 
 

"Come on you have to atleast try"

 

"And why do I have to?" 

 

"So that kids can earn bragging rights and say their mom is the best" Dahyun said giving her a grin and a thumbs up. 

 

Sana let out a laugh "You are a fool Dahyun" 

 

"I better see you getting dirty out their Miss Sana, I hope to see some raw man power behind them events" Dahyun jokes earning more laughter from Sana. 

 

She enjoyed the sound. 

 

"Like I said, I don't wanna be spending my afternoon fighting with parents" 

 

"And what would you rather be doing then?" Dahyun asks. 

 

"Hmm, I don't know, maybe chill at my office and go over some paperwork" 

 

Dahyun let out a burst of laughter. 

 

"Miss Sana, there is something called 'taking a break', you should try it sometime" Dahyun said. 

 

"Are you sassing me Dahyun?" Sana asks looking at the girl with a small smirk on her face. 

 

"That wasn't my intention--okay okay, how about this, let's make a bet" Dahyun said catching the attention of Sana. 

 

"Hmm, what do you propose" Sana asks raising an eyebrow. 

 

"If you win atleast two parent events, I will do whatever you want me to do" Dahyun said.

 

"Dahyun, you must've have forgotten that I am your boss. I already tell you what to do" Sana said amusedly. 

 

"Fine, it's up to you then Miss Sana, you can pick your reward" 

 

Sana bit her lip trying to stop herself from smiling "What do you get if you win the bet?" 

 

"You decide" 

 

"You can also pick your reward" Sana said smiling at her.

 

Dahyun noticed the smile and it was official Sana was on top of her list for women crushes.

 

"We have a deal" Dahyun put on her hand for Sana to shake. 

 

Sana grabs it and felt Dahyun's soft hands and shook it. 

 

"You got yourself a deal" 

 

---

"Yeah them up Kiyoshi!" Jeongyeon shouts getting weird looks from parents. 

 

"Tone it down on the language idiot" Nayeon scolds her "BUT YEAH them up Kiyoshi!" 

 

Sana sighs and shakes her head "I can't tell which one is worse" She mumbles underneath her breathe. 

 

The shouting continues from all her friends encouring her son to win and finish the race. 

 

Sana watches her son, run as fast as he could and eventually crossing the finish line, making him first, followed by the other kids.

 

She cheered and ran to him excitedly. 

 

"Well done baby" She said kissing his forehead, Kiyoshi smiled and hugged his mom. 

 

"Did you see how fast I ran?!" He excitedly said. 

 

"You did amazing" Sana said.

 

"I'm gonna go get my medal, bye mom!" He waved his mom goodbye and ran towards the teacher that was giving out the medals for first place. 

 

-

"Grandma look!" Kiyoshi ran towards his grandma showing his medal that was around his neck. 

 

She cheered on happily seeing the boy running towards her, she opened her arms up letting him crash on her. 

 

"Well done, come here let me take a photo so I can show grandpa" She said taking out her phone and taking a picture of Kiyoshi posing with a wide smile on his face.

 

"Who knew cheering on for kids is so tiring" Momo exhaustedly said trying to catch her breathe. 

 

"It was because you guys were jumping and shouting like hooligans" Tzuyu said chuckling at how her older friends were acting. 

 

"Tzuyu don't lie you were also jumping up and down" Jihyo shoves her side playfully. 

 

"Do them two like eachother?" Dahyun asks, both Sana and her were trailing a little behind from the group, just watching the girls walk ahead of them. 

 

Sana let out a laugh "That obvious right?,they've liked eachother for ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter