BOY 6

Because Of You

The School Bell rang which only meant that the class was over. The other students started standing up ready to go home while Ryujin remained seated.

 

"Ryu, do you want to come with us?" Heejin asked as she started putting her thing in her bag.

 

"Oh, sorry I can't join you, maybe next time I'll come and it's my treat" She said to them.

 

"Wow, it's a miracle that you'll treats us. Come with us next time, Yuna and I are leaving and we're going to the bar! It's time to party!" Ryujin chuckled

 

"Alright, bye" Heejin left the room with Yuna and other and only Ryujin was left alone. Ryujin was starting to put her things in her bag and was about to leave the room when the room door suddenly opened.

 

"Where are you going again?" That person asked

 

"Uh.. At Home? Going home?" That person approached her while looking at her with a sharp eyes.

 

"Ryujin, tell me where are you really going? I went to your place yesterday, your maid told me that you didn't come home. You told me yesterday that you were going home, that's why you didn't come to our house for dinner"

 

"I went somewhere yesterday" Ryujin tiredly said

 

"And where? Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I just got busy"

 

"Busy? But I see you posting on your Instagram story that you're at a party, where are you really going and why aren't you telling me?" Ryujin just closed her eyes and heaved a sigh. She opened her eyes again and looked at Yeji.

 

"Am I required to tell you everything about where I'm going and what I'm doing?" She blurted out

 

"Uh..."

 

"I don't know why you're controlling me. Just the other day you got angry because I was flirting with some girls and also, i didn't answer your calls and messages and now, you're also going to ask me where I'm going? What's wrong with you? Huh? "

 

"It's suffocating" Ryujin added

 

"What did you say?" Yeji asked, frowning.

 

"I said, it's suffocating! Don't control me like you're my mother or girlfriend, your just my best friend Yeji, so please don't ask questions that aren't the business of a best friend!" The wind blew differently in the room, the surroundings suddenly became quiet, only the birds' tweets could be heard. And There were tears already forming in Yeji's eyes and Ryujin noticed that immediately.

 

"Okay, fine" Yeji coldly said and her expression changed which scared Ryujin. Ryujin was about to apologize when Yeji suddenly turned her back and left. Ryujin just heaved a sigh and slapped her forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're an idiot, Ryu! Why did you tell Yeji Unnie that? I'm sure you'll be ignored for a month" Winter scolded

 

"Because she is suffocating, she wants to know everything, like where I'm going or what I've been doing. and I can't breathe"

 

"She just cares about you" Winter said while holding the lyrics paper

 

"She cares? the way she cares for me seems like she has the right to know everything about me, she's just my best friend. I don't know, she wasn't like that before"

 

"I think she likes you" Winter blurted out 

 

"I know" Winter looked at her when she heard it  from Ryujin

 

"What?" Winter asked, eyes widened

 

"I know she likes me"

 

"How?" Winter put the lyrics down and give her full attention to other girl.

 

"I accidentally heard it. she, herself said it"

 

"My god Hwang Yeji, of all the people you can like, why did you like your best friend" Winter said while shaking her head in disbelief and Ryujin hit her.

 

"Damn it Ryujin!" Ryujin just glared at her.

 

"If I were you, Ryu, start talking to her because it might get worse. Maybe later on she will find another BEST FRIEND who will care for her as much as she cares for you" Ryujin glared at Winter.

 

"Let me ask you something. Don't you have feelings for your Bestfriend?"

 

"I don't know" Winter heaved a sigh and went closer to Ryujin.

 

"The only thing I can advise you is, You need to know what you feel before something happens that you will regret"

 

"Wow, you're giving advices now?" Ryujin said while smirking and Winter just shook her head before looking at the lyrics she was holding.

 

 

 

 

 

"You still haven't talked to her?" Winter asked, Ryujin shook her head.

 

"I can't get a timing, she's very busy right now, you know she's Student Council Vp she has to take care of the things needed for the Festival"

 

"Don't make it too long, I heard that there is a Senior who wants to court her" Winter said

 

"And who is that?"

 

"From what I heard, Choi Yeonjun from Dance Club, friend of my cousin's boyfriend"

 

"Choi Yeonjun? The guy from the Engineering Department?" Winter nodded

 

"So what are you going to do?" Winter asked

 

"I don't know" Ryujin shrugged

 

"You won't even act on it?" Winter asked

 

"Why should I act? If that Choi wants something from Yeji, I don't care anymore"

 

"Are you sure? You might regret it later"

 

"You know, Winter, don't bother me. Fix the situation about you and Karina Unnie!"

 

"And why did the topic come to me?"

 

"Because you're annoying!"

 

"What? I'm just telling you..."

 

"Shut up you two!" They were surprised by Yujin's sudden yelling that they didn't notice was already inside the Studio Room. The two looked at Yujin with jaw dropped. Yujin cleared before she spoke.

 

"Let's practice" Yujin said and she walked towards her guitar.

 

"Did she yell at us?" Winter unconsciously asked

 

"Yes, we did get yelled at"

 

"It's a war" both said and immediately stood up.

 

 

 

 

Yujin was sitting in an empty room. She had an airpod in her ear and was listening to her favorite song while watching the rain fall.

 

Ooooohhh yahhhh

If ever you wondered

If you touched my soul, yes you do

Since i met you i'm not the same

You bring life to everything i do

Just the way you say hello

With one touch i can't let go

Never thought i've fall in love with you.

 

Yujin didn't notice that someone entered the room and she just continued to listen to the music.

 

Because of you

My life has changed thank you for the love and the joy you've bring

Because of you

I fell no shame i tell the world it's because of you.

 

Yujin sang while the person who had just entered just stood there drowning in the girl singing her favorite.

 

Sometimes i get lonely

And all i gotta do is to think of you

You captured something inside of me you make all of my dreams come true

It's not enough that you love me for me

You reached inside and touched me eternally

I love you best explains how i feel for you

 

Because of you

My life has changed

Thank you for the love and the joy you've bring

Because of you

I fell no shame

I tell the world it's because of you.

 

Yujin stopped singing when her phone rang, someone messaged her. She got up to go out but she was surprised by the presence of someone she didn't know who entered the room she was in. There are tears forming in her eyes. Yujin looked away and was about to leave the room when a hand stopped her. She turned to her and saw that that person was completely crying.

 

"Minju, why are you crying?" Yujin asked softly.

 

Minju didn't answer her but she suddenly hugged her. She froze, she couldn't move. They stayed like that for a few seconds and Yujin didn't realize that she was hugging Minju back.

 

"Because of you, my life has changed. My Boo" Yujin's heart beat suddenly faster when she heard the word MY BOO. Her breath hitched when Minju tightened her hug. But she suddenly pulled away when she came back to her senses.

 

'She's an enemy, Yujin'

 

"Don't come near me or touch me anymore!" Yujin coldly said before she left Minju who was crying.

 

 

-------