Please, Son Chaeyoung! (7)

Please, Son Chaeyoung!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR's POV

Just like years ago, Mina would sit with Sana while munching her kimbap, "Mina?" 

"Yeah?" Mina looks up and finds her best friend is being worried, "You're good?"

Unlike years ago, Mina shakes her head, "Mind to tell me?"

"I hate Chaeyoung."

Frowning, Sana put out her hand on the top of her best friend's, "She just hasn't realized, Mina..."

Tears are threatening to fall, "She doesn't and won't, Sanatang." Mina says it with a smile, though everyone knows the meaning of that smile.

Sana is about to say something but another presence stops her, "Your princess charming is coming." A low whisper that makes Mina turn around.

Mina hates how a little part of herself wants it to be Chaeyoung.

"Hi, Mina." but it doesn't sound like Chaeyoung.

"Hi, Eunha." Mina smiles a little, frozen at her spot for a while before she realizes Eunha wants to sit beside her, so she scoots, making space on the bench.

While smiling brightly, Eunha sits beside the girl she has been chasing since the first day of college, "How are you doing, Mina?" 

"Good." Her shin is being kicked right away by Sana, Mina holds her breath to ease the pain, "-how about you, Eunha?"

"I'm good, been busy with studying but I'm good. So, do you have any plans this weekend?" Mina forces a smile, she doesn't want to reject the sweet girl in front of her but she really wants to laze around this weekend.

"Sorry Eunha, but I want to stay at home this weekend." Eunha's smile falters but she keeps her face bright, "Oh, okay. What abo-"

But Sana wants them to happen.

"Say Eunha-yaa, do you want to join us for the movie marathon and you know having pizza all day long?" Eunha turns to Sana and shoots a thankful stare for the invitation, "Really? Sounds fun!"

Wait, what?

"It is! Me and Mina have been planning this since last weekend, we can cook together, you two get to know each other, I can have company while doing my homework, and then we can have a movie marathon night! How is it?" 

Right before Eunha can answer, since the three are being too engrossed in the conversation, no one realizes there is another person among them now.

"Hi Sana, Mina!" That stops Eunha as she sees a girl with young looks, looking good in black jeans and boots. They exchange a polite smile.

"I'm Son Chaeyoung, you?" Eunha shakes the hand and smiles, "Eunha, Mina's close friend." Chaeyoung nods knowingly, she glances at Mina who has her eyes on her. What is this tension...

"Hi, Chaeyoung." Being the savior, Sana chirps and pats the seat beside her, signaling Chaeyoung to sit beside her, "What are you doing here?" but the first question comes from Mina, as if she forgets about Eunha right away.

Her eyes stare, boring a hole, at Chaeyoung, so Chaeyoung knows that the question is for her. She frowns at the unwelcomed greeting.

"Miguri, stay calm, Chaeyoung is having difficulty with her homework, she asks me to teach her."

Mina's face turns even more sour in one second, why doesn't Chaeyoung ask her?

"Why don't you ask me?" Now Eunha senses that something is off.

"I've tried to text you." Sana sighs, she knows what is going on, Mina and her blocking habit, "You can come to my house."

"I don't know whether you are at home or not."

"You can wait in my room."

"What?"

"Just come and wait in my room."

Chaeyoung stares at Mina disbelievingly, she doesn't know what is wrong with the older girl but she doesn't like it.

"I can't, we are not eight anymore." Everyone can see that Mina's jaw is tightened, "Yeah, you are right. Alright, go to Sana whenever you need help."

Mina stands up, with her books in her arms, she is looking at Chaeyoung, her eyes flash hurt, "Eunha, come to my place, let's have it for both of us. I'm gonna go to class now, excuse me."

Then Mina takes her bag, walking away, Eunha is about to follow but Chaeyoung politely takes Eunha's hand, "Let her be for now, she is upset, let me? I'm her best friend?"

Eunha doesn't know what to do, she feels like Chaeyoung is more than that, but Sana nods at Eunha, so Eunha steps aside, letting Chaeyoung to go after Mina.

Chaeyoung bows imperceptibly, then runs after Mina.

--

"Penguin!" The nickname makes Mina even more mad, she hears the steps getting closer so she quickens her steps.

Soon the younger girl jogs beside her, "I'm a basketball player if you forget." Mina scoffs, she turns away to the restroom, "No no no, we are not talking in the stinky restroom."

Mina yanks the younger girl's hand, "I'm not talking to you."

"Look, I'm sorry."

That stops

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter