Better Alibi

Epoch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: double update so be sure to previous chapter :)

 

Breathe, Jennie.

What you're about to do isn't that absurd. It's normal. It's part of the plan, okay?

Okay. Here it goes.

I raised my hand and saw that it was slightly trembling, making me stop from whatever I'm about to do. I clenched my fist in frustration.

Calm the down!

I can do this.

Breathe.

I raised my hand again and took a deep breath. When my knuckles were about to knock, someone cleared their throat beside me, making me jerk back. I turned my head to saw Jisoo grinning from ear to ear.

"Hiya, Jennie!"

I stare at her dumbfounded. "Y-You're here?"

She gave a nonchalant shrug. "Company partners."

"I see." I balanced the two drinks in my hands and I saw her eyes follow my movement.

"Ohhh." She teasingly said. "What do we have here?"

I tried to hide it behind my back when she grinned. "I won't ask for one, you know. But it'll be good if you can give me some."

"I-"

Someone cleared their throat behind me and I spun around to see Lisa looking at us. "Ms. Kim."

"Ms. Kims', Lisa. I'm here, too." Jisoo sidestepped me and went beside my boss, a huge grin plastered on her face while looking at us back and forth. "Did I come at a wrong time?"

I quickly shook my head. "No! No." I gulped when Lisa's eyes fleeted towards me. "I-I'm here because Ms. Manoban called for me. Should I come back later?"

Jisoo answered for me. "No need. What we're going to talk about isn't important. Come on, then. That coffee isn't gonna stay hot forever."

Jisoo pulled me inside the office and left Lisa standing at the door. She eventually closed the door and took her seat. Jisoo shuffled across the room but settled on the couch, a lazy grin still on her face. "Go on, pretend I'm not here."

Jisoo winked at me and I felt myself blush while Lisa remained silent with a certain expression on her face. Shifting her eyes from Jisoo, she looked at me and slightly nod her head. I bowed.

"I was informed that you called me for me?"

"Ah. Yes." Jisoo snickered at the back which made me turn my head towards her to see if there was something funny or amusing but she was only looking at an old magazine about the company.

Lisa ignored the older's antic and kept her serious face. "I was supposed to meet you at lunch last time, right?"

"Ye-" I was again interrupted when Jisoo spoke.

"Lunch? Is that why Jennie has coffee?"

My eyes widened when Lisa's eyes settled on the two cups in my hand. She looked towards Jisoo again. "Are you trying to imply that Ms. Kim bought me coffee?" Then she looked back at me. "Did you?"

I gulped and I saw my plan of earning her trust or just being civil to each other fly out the window when Jisoo spoke for me.

Was Jisoo always this nosy??? I cursed under my breath.

"Probably. I saw her thinking twice about knocking, so I thought she's nervous to face you."

"T-This?" I lifted the cups that were placed on a to-go paper for two, and cleared my throat to remove some nerves. "I bought it for s-someone else."

"Ohhh. You have a lover? Lemme guess the flavors." Jisoo spoke and before I could blink, she was beside me and looking at my hand. "Let's see... what was the flavor you so love in college?"

There was a glint in her eyes and she chuckled when she snapped her fingers. "Aha! I remember! One should be.... caramel macchiato? With an extra shot of espresso?"

I forced myself not to smile, feeling the flutter in my chest when she still remembers the only drink I order. "It is."

She nodded and scratched her head when she tried to peek inside. "I don't know about the other one. You didn't order anything else aside from carmacch."

"It's..." I paused and glanced at the quiet CEO who was still looking at both of us. "It's not really coffee. Just iced chocolate drink with an extra whipped cream."

Jisoo clapped like a seal, the childlike behavior doesn't suit her while wearing a suit. "Ohhhh. Isn't that your favorite, Li?"

"Yes, Chu. So?"

Li?

Chu?!

They're close?

"Nothing," though Jisoo's grin said anything but. She turned to me again and grabbed the coffee holder. 

"I'm sad." She said while pouting. "You didn't order these from my cafe?"

"I-"

"You were my number one customer before and now you don't even visit anymore. Yah, Kim Jennie, you hurt me." Then she turned to Lisa who was looking blankly at us. "Same goes to you! You don't even visit me anymore! I'm your unnie for Pete's sake!"

Lisa looked disapprovingly at the sulking woman and shook her head. "Jisoo, please. Don't bring this up now. We're at work."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter