The Secret’s Out

Epoch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This ain't edited so please bear with me and my mistakes. I hope you like this one! Also, DOUBLE UPDATE SO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER FIRST ❤️❤️ havefun reading =))

 

-----

 

They say that if you speak of the devil then the devil shall appear.

 

I didn't believe that until it happened so frequently in my life that I became a sole believer of it. 

 

However, I thought that it only applied when you speak of the devil but then I found out that it also applies to even just thinking of the devil.

 

My thoughts were mostly consumed about college and Helmet when a beep alerted me of an incoming message.
 

Then voila, the devil made its presence known by her voice booming from the speaker on my table, startling me from my reverie.

 

"Ms. Kim."

 

I cleared my throat before pressing the intercom. "Yes, Ma'am?"

 

"Meet me at the lobby in 10 minutes."

 

Before I could answer if whether I could meet her or not, she already hung up.

 

Who needs my confirmation anyway? And who the hell cares if it's already my lunch break and I'm hungry as ?

 

Most people would care but definitely not the CEO of the ing company I worked for.

 

I rolled my eyes before fixing my coat and pants. I grabbed my keys and phone then stuffed them to my small clutch bag.

 

I passed by the glass wall and stopped to stare at my reflection. Looking at the girl infront of me eye to eye, I muttered a few words to calm my nerves and for the much needed confidence.

 

"Let's go, Jennie. You can do this!"

 

I might've looked pathetic talking to myself but I needed all the pep talk and boost I could get since I may have just declared a war against Lalisa Manoban not too long ago.

 

When I felt my heart calmed a little bit, I walked away with my head held high and my posture straight. I reached down the lobby with 2 minutes to spare and decided to wait for the boss. 

 

I looked at my watch when I realized that it's already five past twelve. She's already 5 minutes late and I could feel my stomach grumbling.

 

Where is she?

 

Staring at the elevator while tapping my foot impatiently on the cold hard floor, I count the minutes that passed inside my head.

 

7... 10... 15...

 

I keep getting stares from everyone who passed by me but I only focused on the opening of the elevator doors.

 

Gods. Where the is she?!

 

My stomach again grumbled. It's been thirty minutes yet I see no sign of my boss.

 

I was glaring at my aching feet when a pair of heels appeared in my sight. Despite being slightly relieved because finally we can get this over with yet mostly annoyed at waiting for more than thirty minutes, I still forced a smile to greet my boss. However, the face that greeted me wasn't one I recognized and my lips immediately formed into a frown.

 

The woman standing infront of me visibly fidgeted under my glare and looked down when our eyes met.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Uh... Ms. Kim, I was sent here by Ms. Manoban."

 

My left eyebrow twitched at how she addressed our boss.

 

Ms. Manoban?

 

Not madam or ma'am?

 

"Where is Ms. Manoban?" I asked bitterly as I looked around but I still couldn't see the devil incarnate anywhere.

 

"She- said that you should go back to your office and-" my forehead creased and I stopped myself from gripping the poor woman's arm when I took a step forward.

 

I could feel the poison in my throat, ready to lash out but I keep my face from further frowning. With great difficulty, I spoke with my voice even. "Go back to my office? She's supposed to be here at 12 yet she wants me to... go back?"

 

"Y-Yes, Ms. Kim. She said that the meeting was postponed and she-she forgot to inform you about it."

 

Forgot to... inform me? Really?

 

I chuckled darkly at the lame excuse of our highly acclaimed CEO. "Ah. She forgot? Well, that's to be expected."

 

Taking a step back, I breathed deep through my nose and smiled. "Thank you for informing me."

 

"No problem Ms. Kim. H-Have a nice lunch."

 

Lunch?

 

, it's already past one for s sake. This is already considered as a ing snack.

 

Lalisa Manoban, how shallow can you ing get?

 

//

 

"Unnie?"

 

A hand was waving infront of me, taking me back to the present. I blinked and saw that I was still at the cafeteria taking my very early lunch break. Note the ing sarcasm.

 

I looked at the woman blankly, trying to figure out who she was until I saw widen and she released a gasp. "Oh my gods! It is you!"

 

I tilted my head, trying to analyze where I saw her familiar face but I couldn't really think since my thoughts were still fuzzy. "Uh... Do I know you?"

 

She giggled as she placed her tray on my table and sat beside me. "You haven't changed. I'm Somi,"

 

"S-Somi?"

 

"Jeon Somi, part of the student council in college. Uhm... your cousin is Park Chaeyoung, right?"

 

"Yes... but-"

 

She probably saw the hesitation in my face that she bashfully smiled and looked down at her untouched tray. "My bad. Perhaps you don't know me. I'm sorry."

 

I shook my head and gave her a small smile.

 

"No. I'm sorry. I- I wasn't..." I bit my tongue to stop myself from continuing. 

 

What was I supposed to say, anyway? That I wasn't the best version of myself in college so I just want to forget everything?

 

I mentally scoffed. Yeah right. As if I needed someone's pity right now. And I didnt want to be reminded of that bitter past.

 

The funny thing however was that here I am, in the company owned by no other than the one who constantly reminds me of that time i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter