EIGHT

Life Within Two Worlds • (MICHAENG)

Under the night sky, Chaeyoung can be seen at the balcony sitting there looking to those buildings and cars that are on the road.

Chaeyoung smirks when a certain memory pops out to her head.

“so this is my aparment” Mina stops from walking. Chaeyoung saw that in front of her is the house where Mina lives.

Her apartment looks expensive

“What floor do you live?” The Grim reaper looks up

“24th. Why do you want to come in?” Mina smiles at Chaeyoung

“No” the grim reaper immediately answered.

“You live in an expensive apartment then why are you taking part time jobs?” she added that her eyes are still lock up on the apartment building.

“My parents died on an accident and I don’t want to depend on others” Mina sighs.

Chaeyoung nods “Go inside you still need to prepare for your class” Mina walks inside and she stop to look back to the Grim reaper who is still looking at her.

“Are you really not hungry?”

“I told you I don’t eat”

Silence filled the two.

“One last thing.. What is your name?” Mina is curious.

Chaeyoung taked a deep breath she don’t know if she will say her name or not.

“Son –“

Mina’s phone suddenly ring before she answer it Chaeyoung bid a good bye to her.

“You will know me next time, answer that call” and she left the girl alone.

 

“Why is it hard for me to say my name to someone?” She chuckled “It is only 6 words, My Name Is Son Chae Young” She added.

“Because you are a grim reaper” Dahyun leans to the metal sliding frame.

“You are right. I am just a grim reaper”

“You starting to like someone? You know what, I remember when the day that god descends me here I don’t know what’s my purpose here, why he put me here to this kind of generation but I am thankful tho” she sadly chuckled “I met her” she added that her smiles became visible to her face.

“No, I cannot do that Dahyun. I am a candidate for a position, I cannot love human you know that”

Dahyun took another chair and she sit beside Chaeyoung while looking at the stars she sighs.

“I don’t know what will happen if the gods know that i am in a relationship with a human”

“Sad to say that you cannot have an eternal life, Dahyun. Plus your soul will be vanished forever” Dahyun became sad when she realized that this person knows the ethics and rules of becoming a god.

“That’s one of the rules – grave rules to be exact. I support you Dahyun if you are a person but we are a Grim Reaper’s we are only here collect souls not to fall in love. That’s why I am really against to your relationship. I care for your soul, I want us to meet when our bodies reincarnate Dahyun” Dahyun takes a deep sigh she cannot utter any word, she wants to cry but she can’t.

“Break up with her as long as we still have enough time on this second world”

“I.. I’ll try. By the way is this yours? I saw it on the couch” Dahyun fish out a red bracelet from her right pocket and Chaeyoung grabs it “It looks like.. the design is from Joseon’s era”

“Yeah, since I died this is only the last memory of her”

“ you gay that time?!” Dahyun’s eyes widen and she almost jumps out from her seat because of the revelation that is coming from the grim reaper.

Chaeyoung slightly laughs “I still don’t know what gay means that time. It’s just.. i feel that there’s something on my stomach everytime we saw each other”

“What is her name then?”

“Her name is..” Chaeyoung tries to remember it but she still fails.

“I.. I cannot remember it”

“But you still remember her face?”

Chaeyoung bit her lower lip

“The scenes are clear to me but her face.. I cannot remember it properly”

“Ah, since you are in the Joseon era what is your status there? Because me i am just a homebody and i died on 1900s you know the japanese invasion”

“I am a judge”

Dahyun’s eyes widen and she stumble from her seat her hands are shaking “So you really are Son Chaeyoung!”

“Why you look so surprised?” she chuckled

“I saw your face in a Museum somewhere here in Seoul and your eyes are aren’t like that”

“I am not that famous that time” She stood up leaving Dahyun alone on the back.

Joseon 1392

“Son Chaeyoung the paintor is here” one of the guards inform Chaeyoung who is looking outside.

After a moment Chaeyoung is sitting on the wooden chair staying still so that the paintor puts every detail on the scroll.

After so many hours Chaeyoung saw the finished product with her red hanbok and her stern face. She is satisfied with it that’s why she command the guards to hang the painting on the door in front of her house.

 

After few days, Many men are trying to get Chaeyoung’s heart but no one succeeded