TWO

Life Within Two Worlds • (MICHAENG)

With her eyes closed she heard the sound of the honking cars, people who are talking about their day, birds that are flying around, they younger one also felt the warm sun.

So.. I am back now in my own world.

Chaeyoung opens her eyes and she found herself in an alley street where there are some people walking around. She wander her eyes, there are houses that are built on her right side and on her left side there is a cliff and a park where you can see the view of the buildings.

She keeps on walking until she reach the busy roads of Seoul.

The grim reaper stops for a moment when she feels like her coat suddenly becomes heavy. She her hands around the pockets of her coat. On her left side of her coat, she fish out an black open end envelope with a red seal on it.

It is starting

When she opens the envelope there’s a paper inside of it. It is a chinese character but Chaeyoung could understand it.

Shin Joo Hyun

12:43 PM

Cause of Death: Car accident

Chaeyoung doesn’t have any watch or hand phones that’s why she looks up in a building where there’s a led screen that is flashing a news.

12:40 PM.I still need to wait 3 minutes

Chaeyoung could finally see the car that has no control when it comes to driving, she looks up again to see the time and it’s already 12:42. Finally, she heard that the car crash into a bus stop that has no passengers that are waiting for a bus. 

Since Chaeyoung is a grim reaper she is imperceptible to everybody. She walks towards to the soul who is now aware what’s happening.

“Mr. Shin Joo Hyun, time of death 12:43PM”

“W-who are you!” the man shouts at Chaeyoung. “Obviously a Grim Reaper” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes off.

“I-If you are a grim reaper then why your eyes is like that?!” The man stuttered, he cannot believe that he is already dead.

“Mr. Shin Just come with us don’t make our job diffucult. I just want to get the reincarnation card! I’ve been here in the land of the living for almost 200 Years!” A grim reaper interrupts the two. Chaeyoung looks at the grim reaper who has this very white skin and she has a pointy nose that makes her look beautiful.

The young grim reaper knitted her eyebrows “Who are you to meddle our conversation?”

The White girl jolted as she saw Chaeyoung’s face “Omo, you! You are the chosen one!”

“I am not the chosen one”

“You are!! Look at your eyes it is different from ours” the white girl rebut.

“Who are you to meddle my job? Who do you work for?”

“Ah yes I almost forgot. I am also a grip reaper and my name is Kim Dahyun. I already know you, you are Son Chaeyoung!” She widely smiles like the sun. “The chosen one” she leans to Chaeyoung and she whispers.

“From today I will be your assistant or should I say guardian” she winks at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung puts her two hands on her waist while she exhale, she cannot believe what she was heard.

“I thought I’m gonna work alone!”

But Dahyun shook her head “Uhuh, you are wrong”

“Uh excuse me? Not to interrupt you two but you still have a job right? You need to take me to the afterlife? Catch up later if you already sent me up there” Shin pointed his index finger upward where the sky is.

Chaeyoung scoff off when she heard that this person is so talkative.

“Come with me” Chaeyoung grabs the wrist of the Soul but the white girl stops her

“uh no..no.. that will be my job hehe” Dahyun says.

“What do you mean that it will be your job?!” Chaeyoung is confused as .

Dahyun just chuckled, Chaeyoung didn’t argue anymore she let Dahyun to do her job.

“I’ll be back Chaeyoung master. I will discuss some information with you!” Dahyun winks at Chaeyoung that made the younger one to cringe. When Dahyun shifted from thin air, Chaeyoung sat on the other side of the bus stop where there still have enough space for her to seat.

These are the Gen Z Grim Reapers, am I old enough?

After a few moments Dahyun is back but this time she has a black briefcase on her hand.

“Oy Chaeyoung Master!”

“What is that?”

“Oh this? Just come with me”

Chaeyoung stood up and she fix her coat.

“I won’t come with you” Chaeyoung turns around to walk away from Dahyun. “Chaeyoung-ah! Come with me you don’t have any place to stay in” Dahyun shouts that made Chaeyoung to stop from walking.

She’s right.. How am I gonna survive in this world where people are so cruel to one another.

Chaeyoung slowly turns around and she walks towards Dahyun.

“Okay lead the way”

Dahyun chuckled and they walk towards the condominium where Dahyun lives.

Dahyun stops from walking same as Chaeyoung “Why did you stop?” Chaeyoung ask. Dahyun looks at her “We need to shift in a human form before we enter the condominium”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widen “You know I am not allowed to do that Dahyun!”

“You are allowed just.. just trust me!” Dahyun drags the blonde girl in a dark alley where they will shift their body in human form where it will become visible to the people’s eye.

“Trust me Chaeyoung!”

Dahyun breath out and a black aura became visible to her body, in a span of second she shift her body into human form.

“It’s your turn!”

Chaeyoung breath was about to breath out but then she lose a focus. A thought came to her mind.

“How about my eyes?”

“Don’t worry about your eyes! There are a lot of stores who sells contact lenses”

“Contact lenses? What is that?”

“Just... Change your god damn body!”

“Yah Dahyun!”

“S-sorry”

Ugh fine.

The blonde girl breath out and a dark aura became visible to Chaeyoung’s body. The grim reaper can now finally touch the bricks on beside her.

“Let’s go?” Dahyun ask.

 

Chaeyoung nods.