Light Within You

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you ask me how I’d always know the ways to make her smile so genuine and full of joy, my answer is I do not know how. For real, it just happened, just like now.

 

Her eyes just seem to glow up along with her face, as those dark warm orbs are boring into mine as if searching for something within me. When she finds it, she just lets herself go and widens her lips to form a beautiful curve, not forgetting her cute nose that would wrinkle slightly. And me, I can only try to guess why she is smiling all the time when she is with me, even when I am just sitting here, doing nothing.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Hmm? Like what?” She leans forward to get even closer to me while having the nerve to bat her eyelashes at me, blinking once in a while.

 

Folding my arms in front of my chest, I mumble sassily, “You know what.”

 

“Yeah, but you never know.” She smirks, I repeat, she freaking smirks like she just won the greatest argument at all time. What a kid. A cute one, though. I can’t help but admit that.

 

Jisoo once again makes me question her age whenever she is being like this, so high like she just drank ten bottles of coke. Do not misunderstand me, I clearly love to see her being all giddy and smiley, but I also know she clearly has something up in her sleeve. Typical Jichu.

 

Crossing my legs together to sit more comfortably, I open my palms up to let my chin rest on them. Looking at Jisoo who is occupying the wooden floor below me while I am slouching on her couch, I caress her cheek in a slow circle. My forefinger is tracing her delicate jaw, only to lift her chin up so I can capture the look on her face that immediately reminds me of spring with blooming flowers that can break the coldest ice at any time.

 

“You’re really pretty, unnie.” Her raised eyebrow shows that she is a bit startled to hear me blurt out those words out of nowhere, as the redness from her cheeks makes me smile contently.

 

But as quickly as she is caught off guard, she can swiftly hold her ground in a few seconds. With how her smug smirk appears again, I know that this is not good news.

 

“Look who can’t take her eyes off of me this time, like what you see, Jendeuk?”

 

I swear to God, if this kid can get even more annoying than this, I-

 

“Jendeukie, saranghae...”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Saranghae, Jennie Kim.”

 

This is not the first time she said this to me. I mean, we say I love yous to each other all the time but this is…this is the first time she said it in Korean and, I do not know why but this feels like the purest confession of all. When I am least expected and less guarded. When she said it with so much depth and emotion.

 

“You’re really something, Kim Jisoo. Blurting things out of the blue.”

 

She chuckles at that as she rubs her hand on the joint of my knee, gently massaging it. “But you love me, right?”

 

I raise my left eyebrow as it’s my turn to smirk triumphantly because I am not going to let her hear it that easily today. “What makes you think that I am?”

 

Knowing that I am playing with her, Jisoo whines childishly as she follows me all the way to the kitchen, where I am pouring her favorite drink into my own personal unicorn mug in her apartment.

 

“My milk coffee…” She trails off when she sees me gulp it down deliciously. “It’s the last drop.” The way she lowers her head while staring at her toes is like a turtle rabbit without her carrots.

 

I sigh, don’t know what to do. Is she trying to make me feel guilty while looking so adorable like that?

 

Clearing my throat, I walk toward her gradually while uttering teasingly, “But you said that you love me, so sharing is loving, right?”

 

She nods her head slowly, still looking down.

 

“Here.”

 

“Huh?” Her eyes that lit up immediately upon seeing the brown liquid in front of her successfully makes my heart swell at her cuteness, as my lips instantly forming my signature gummy smile.

 

“Nado saranghae, that’s why I’m sharing it with you.” After making sure that she holds the mug in her hands, I send her a kiss on her cheek before heading back to the living room.

 

“So, I can play my games, right?”

 

“What?!” I do not know that I can whip my head this fast as I stare at her giggling innocently.

 

“Only one hour, Jen. You said that you love me. Let me play, please…”

 

I knew it. She really wanted something.

 

“30 minutes!”

 

“45 minutes!”

 

“35 minutes!”

 

“40 minutes!”

 

“Fine!” I shrug while rolling my eyes at her who is hugging me while jumping around like a mad woman. Then instantly, she disappears with my mug, sprinting toward her gaming room.

 

“You’re the best, Jendeukie!”

 

So once again, I unconsciously fell into her trap by letting her lure me in that easily.

 

The effects that you have in me, Kim Jisoo.

 

.

 

I slowly open the door and pop my head in without making any noise. The sight of Jisoo being so serious while frowning once in a moment makes me gulp unconsciously. How can someone be this y while playing games?

 

“I have 10 minutes left, right, babe?”

 

I blink my eyes twice as I try to understand how she can sense my presence with her headphones on. As usual, she can read my mind easily as she continues, “I can feel your eyes on me, Jendeukie. As always.”

 

Shrugging nonchalantly, I move toward her as I lift one of my legs up to rest against her thigh, straddling her while burying my face in her chest. My arms th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter