Chapter 5 Competition

Oblivious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they both finished their laps they both fell down in exhaustion as the heat of the sun was blazing hot.

Sana was the last one to finish as she was not fast enough. Momo was more athletic than her so hshe had an advantage.

Sana fell on her knees and propped up herself using both her arms.

She looked at Momo and found that little trickle of sweat on her forehead very distracting. It travelled down to her side cheek and to her jawline staying for a few seconds. But Momo’s labored breathing made more sweat drip down and onto her neck. 

Sana found herself staring too much and noticed as hanging. She kept her composure and shook her head at the thought of fantasizing over Momo’s neck.

She fanned herself with her right hand and closed her eyes to breath. Feeling a little more hot than usual.

Momo suddenly got up and offered Sana a hand.

“We should go, the temperature is getting higher.” She breathlessly said.

Sana nodded and took her hand. Both of them feeling a bit of electricity coming from their connected hands. Momo hesitated for a bit but ignored it instead and moved on.

At the bathroom

They both went to the sink to wash their face a little. Momo took a towel from her locker, then placed it around her neck and gave Sana another one as she had an extra. Sana gratefully accepted it and proceeded to the shower area.

Momo following Sana’s every move with her eyes, gripped at the ends of the towel draped on her neck. She gulped at thinking Sana would have to remove her clothes. It was evident that, although she doesn’t seem that she likes someone, however, Sana was currently gaining her spot on her list. Not everybody knows what her preference is. But ever since, that person left, she no longer had the opportunity to fall in love again. It hurt all to much. She slapped herself to gain sanity.

She then rushed to the sink and furiously splashed her face with water. She then, took her clothes and placed it inside a basket beside the shower door. 

She wrapped the towel around her body and went inside the shower.

Meanwhile, Sana was blushing, she felt Momo’s eyes on her when she was going to the showers. She couldn’t help but get flustered, not knowing what to do to be at the receiving end of the staring. 

She placed her hand on her chest and tried to calm her beating heart. This was getting out of hand and she needs to let it out fast.

Back at the classroom

They both silently walked side by side and entered the room. Sana first and Momo following after. They both said their apologies and sunk into their chairs from exhaustion. 

Momo lifted her head ro face Sana. Sana noticing Momo was staring at her, realized she probably needed an explanation.

Raising an eyebrow at Momo, she waited for her to ask.

“Our teacher probably had a bad day. She looked rather sad this morning. But, why were the both of us got the receiving end of her anger though?”

Sana sighed. “I’m sorry, I just wanted to take a picture of you-“ she panicked at the look of shock from Momo’s face. “I-it’s not what you think, I swear” she waved her hands, “I just enjoy taking pictures of people when they fall asleep, it— it’s a habit when I was back home—and... and I forgot the flash was on so you got dragged and now I’m rambling—“

Momo smirked then placed her head on the table and silently laughed.

“Eh? Erm... I’m sorry.” Sana kept her head low, flustered.

Momo turned her head to face her, “Don’t get caught next time.” 

Sana bowed again, “Yes, sorry you got dragged.”

“Nah, I get in trouble most of the time by sleeping anyways.” Momo faced the teacher and waved her hands to Sana to tell her it wasn’t a problem.

After classes

When Mina was waiting for Sana to finish fixing her things. Jeongyeon walked towards Momo and placed her right arm over Momo’s shoulder which made Momo jump over the sudden contact.

Jeongyeon whispers to Momo, “I see girly here got the hots for you.”

Momo blushed a little and shoved Jeongyeon away, “Aish. Stop saying that. We gotta go, I’m hungry.” Momo rolled her eyes.

“Yeaaaah suuuure.” Jeongyeon turn her head to Mina and Sana, “Yo guys, we’re gonna go first. Take care!” And with that she dragged Momo outside.

When they were outside Momo rushed back to smile and wave to say goodbye causing Sana’s heart to flutter.

Sana and Mina both smiled. They looked at each other, “shall we?”

“Yeah.” Sana gathered her things and they both walked home, separating when they’re both at Mina’s dorm room floor. 

Weeks and Months have passed and they’ve been getting closer. Sana and Mina became best friends. Momo and Jeongyeon still bickered with each other. The four of them meet up whenever someone plans to go out for food or to have fun. Although Sana seems to get stuck when students flock around her, Mina was there to drag her out, because they were intimidated by her presence even though she was still popular and Jeongyeon has drive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter