[Special] Of Doubts and Winters

In a Flash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter was probably Tzuyu’s most hated season. The way the cold winds blew against her skin, the way it sends chills throughout her body. The way it makes her feel alone. Yes, she was the Ice Princess but she had always hated the cold.

 

It reminds her of the cold lifeless hands of her mother. It reminds her of that time when Jihyo had left for Japan because of her.  It reminds her of the night when she read Sana’s note on the door of the refrigerator. The pains that she went through froze her heart. It made her just as cold, plain, and dull of any color.

 

 

 

Tzuyu watched the air thickened into steam of coldness as she lets out a sigh. She really hates the winter.

 

 

 

“Tzuyu, what are you doing there? Aren’t you cold?”

 

 

Even in the coldest days of winter here in Switzerland, where the sun barely brighten the sky, the voice that broke her trail of thoughts warmed her heart. Mina unnie was walking towards her with a frown full of worry etched on her face. Tzuyu knew she was going to scold her.

 

 

 

“Go back in the lounge, it’s too cold out here.”

 

 

As soon as reached the place where the taller girl was standing, Mina immediately held her hand and put it into her pocket. She was looking at her with a gaze that’s enough to make her realize that her once frozen heart is now melting.

 

 

Nah, maybe Mina had already melted it long time ago.

 

 

“Oh, it’s snowing.”

 

 

Both of them looked up as soon as small white snowflakes started pouring everywhere. It sprinkled down from the grey, clouded sky and floats to the ground with grace and elegance, so pure.

 

 

“Beautiful.” Mina exhaled in awe. “They say it’s the first snow of the year.”

 

 

She said it with a full smile, her eyes sparkling with so much vigor. In her eyes, it didn’t reflected her usual brown captivating pupils. Instead, it revealed a pool of stars. In those few moments, Tzuyu saw the whole galaxy. In those few moments, she fell in love all over again.

 

 

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?”

 

 

 

Mina was surprised. She wasn’t expecting such a random question being thrown in this most random time. It was Tzuyu, and Mina knows well enough that Tzuyu is a tsundere.

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

The younger girl pouted slightly. It made Mina chuckle as she slowly pulled her into a hug. She hears Tzuyu faintly muttering some incoherent words about her being “stupid” along with some “I won’t repeat it again” and it made her giggle a lot more.

 

 

“Shhh…” Mina traced her lip lightly with the tip of her finger. It pouts again, and Mina had such an urge to bite it, kiss it, to wrap themselves in a quilt and listen to their gentle breathing, watching the snowflakes cover the fields like thin white sheets and sharing crooked smiles. Her lips slightly chapped under her feather light touches but Mina couldn’t bring herself to give a damn. Her gaze was so intently staring at each divot of the younger’s lip, as if it could map out those deep trail of thoughts in that brilliant mind of hers and tell her everything that she doesn’t know.

 

 

No, she doesn’t want to look up. She knew that once she looks up, she’ll find herself at the mercy of those questioning eyes, pleading, begging to know if she recognizes the love she was giving her in return but she couldn’t just answer. How can she when all of her attention was so focused on those lips.

 

 

Then every bit of their memories together passes, Mina’s eyes saw more. She was hearing the here and now. She had pictured what they have reached through all those years they spent together. She wished she had known how painful her fixation on those lips would be, because sometimes, loving the rest of this tall Taiwanese beauty in front of her was a torture. There were times whenever she looks back, she would wonder. What if she had stopped herself, warned herself away from those countless heartbreaks. Would she ever listen? Would Mina from the past ever listen?

 

 

What would it feel like when the slight tickle of your breathe expelling from that goddamn lips of yours reached mine?

 

 

The answers she had got stuck in , plastering themselves in her trachea and refuses to dispel into the palpable air. Well, there was always another way of finding out.

 

 

Tzuyu felt a pair of lips gliding against her. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. The younger almost pulled away to gasp for air but they were so lost in each other. In that minty moment, her senses were seduced and both of them couldn’t think straight.

 

 

“Mina-unnie…” She whispers slowly, prolonging each letter to savor them. The Japanese smiles, her heart fluttering at the younger’s words as she clasp her hands on either side of her face. Never before has her name ever felt so wonderful.

 

 

They both wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter