[Special Chapter] A Promise of a Lifetime

In a Flash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was covered with white. Yet, for Dahyun, it felt like she was trapped in the dark. Across the room lies the person she spent most of her sweetest and best days with, and attached to her were some complex machineries that was enough to keep her alive. It’s sad and painful, a torture to be exact. One that couldn’t even compare to the way she felt when she just watched her fall in love with someone else, much so it was her best friend. But hey, she survived all of it and this time, she would too. Right? Right?

 

 

Dahyun heaved a sigh as she reached for her hand. “Baby, I’m right here hurt and lonely. When will you wake up? I miss your hugs, you know?” She carefully threaded her hands through hers as she gently tucked the strand of her that fell on her face. “I really miss you.”

 

 

She didn’t realized that was crying yet again, until she noticed a drop of tear that wet their intertwined hands. How long has it been? Two months? Nah. More so, it was already three months since that incident. A nightmare that has been playing in her mind in a loop. It kept her awake, almost to the point of losing her sane if it wasn’t for her best friend Chaeyoung and Tzuyu that snapped her out of it. She needed to be strong, for her Sana. For the person who had showed her the colorful chromes of life, she wanted to be brave. For once, she wanted to be her strength.

 

 

“Hey.” A familiar voice broke her trailing reverie. “You okay, there?”

 

Dahyun felt a hand on her back. “Tzuyu.” She wiped her tears with her hands. “How long have you been there?”

 

Tzuyu threw her a concerned look, her eyes narrowing into a thin line. “Long enough to know how stupid whatever it is that you’ve been thinking.” She pulled a chair to sit beside her. “You’re blaming yourself again, aren’t you?”

 

Dahyun faked a laugh. “Well it was true. It was really my fault. I was supposed to protect her, to ‘save’ her. But as you can see, I’m not really doing a better job at it.”

 

Tzuyu only hummed and gave her an ionized drink. “Here, you look like you would need this.”

 

“Thanks.” Dahyun just absentmindedly nodded as she opened the drink. Silence enveloped the two as they continued stared at the blank white walls of the room. “How’s your sessions with Jihyo-unnie taking?”

 

“Not good. I’m still having episodes. It’s always painful.” Another silence. “And I miss her too.”

 

Dahyun looked at her best friend with knowing eyes. “You don’t have to tell me about it.” They both sighed.

 

Dahyun slightly chuckled. “Why do we have such complicated love lives? We could’ve just dated each other. It would’ve been much easier.”

 

Tzuyu looked at her in disbelief. Dahyun smirked. Tzuyu scoffed at her friend’s antics. “Wow. The audacity. I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Sana’s not good when she’s jealous. She could wake up any minute now and smack your head right in.”

 

“I know, she always carried that scary look whenever you’re with Mina-unnie back in college. You wouldn’t believe how much I feared for my life whenever you left me with her whenever you two were going to do some student council stuffs!”

 

“But you got to admit that you loved it. You love spending time with her.”

 

“Am not!”

 

Tzuyu laughed. “Why were you always hanging out in JYP student council room in your free time then? Knowing your lazy , you wouldn’t mind driving that far from Whiteford. You didn’t even visited me for years, until you met Sana!”

 

Dahyun immediately flushed in red at the memory. “I-I, uh…”

 

“See?” Tzuyu laughed. “If I remember it correctly, we did have a few fights about you. I was kinda jealous at that time, she’s way more clingier to you than she was with me.”

 

“And she was complaining about you too!” Dahyun exclaimed. “She never stopped talking about how you spend most of your time with Mina than with her.”

 

“Well, we have already talked about it.” Tzuyu sheepishly laughed before suddenly stopping. Her face lit up like she just had a realization. “Now thinking back actually, it would’ve made sense.” She shook her head at its silliness. “No wonder we made way too many bad decisions.”

 

Dahyun tilted her head in confusion. Tzuyu just grinned at her, “Don’t worry. You’ll know soon enough. I can feel it.”

 

Dahyun didn’t pry at the topic anymore. She knew that whatever crazy idea it was that popped up inside Tzuyu’s head, there’s no way getting it out from her. Her friend is perhaps the most stubborn one of them all.

 

The taller stayed for a few more hours. They talked about random things, from how their day went or how’s their own companies going. Yes. Dahyun still had her company that she gave up few months ago. KimTech was saved. Apparently, there has been a mishap on the lawyer’s part. The transfer of ownership papers that were given to Daito were proven to be all fake, and before discovering how it even happened, her friends already beat her to it by confessing that it was all part of their master plan.

 

Silly, she knew it was. Her friends had tricked her, Sana included. They made her believe that it was indeed a real wedding and that Sana would really become Tzuyu’s wife only to make her woman up and finally profess her love for her. Chaeyoung lectured her about sulking without even doing anything, that she would really lose Sana for good because of her stupidity, and that thought scared her enough to the point of rushing immediately to crash the so called “Wedding of the Century”.

 

It was also Chaeyoung who explained everything to her after, followed by Tzuyu, and they apologized immediately. They said that they never thought that Daito would go that far. Dahyun could also tell that Tzuyu was feeling an extreme guilt over her imperfect plan. The taller corporate CEO never stopped supporting her in fixing problems she had on her business that was affected by the transfer, the very reason why she still has it going and continuously growing, and she’s very grateful for it. She may had crazy friends, but hey she’s quite a crazy one too, thinking about the stunts she pulled without consulting anybody. They were a perfect match and she wouldn’t trade anything for it.

 

 

“Chaeng would be here any minute. She texted me. Meanwhile, you can go home first and take a shower. How long has it been since you went to your apartment? You stink. Get some new fresh clothes too. You’ve been camping here at the hospital for too long.”

 

“Yah! I don’t stink.”

 

“Yes. Yes, you do. Don’t worry much about her, I’ll take it from here. Now off you go. You think Sana would appreciate waking up just to smell a nonshowering dubu? I think not. Go!” Tzuyu already pushed her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter