Chapter 15

When The Dawn Wind Rises

She had slept like the dead, but she woke up startled, her heart skipping a beat, until she saw him sound asleep next to her. She had snuggled in his arms fitfully as they lay exhausted last night. They barely slept, spending all night as if they were making up for lost time. She looked at Jung Hwa, his face serene, relaxed, and so handsome in repose. She remembered how gentle he was in loving her; his touches, his kisses that seem to leave his brand on her skin. Heat suffused her as she recalled their moments. How could one be so fierce and tender at the same time? Yesterday, she was fully aware taking that step towards him was a sign of her consent, letting him know she wanted him as much as he wanted her. 

He had lifted her up so effortlessly and gently laid her in bed, lips still locked together, as if she were a lifeline he could not let go. She had clung to him, all heightened senses and mass of nerves; her thoughts in jumbled incoherence. She could not have formed a single coherent thought had she even tried. All she could do was to feel and to receive the love he is so good at giving. He kissed her like there was no tomorrow, his eyes and lips and hands showing her how much he loved her, and through his actions, she learned about herself, how their bodies could fit each other like a puzzle specifically made for each other, and how love can bring them to heights immeasurable, incomparable in its glory. 

His eyes never left hers, his hands forever entwined with hers as they both truly became husband and wife. Many times did he show her what it meant to love physically, to give oneself wholeheartedly, mind and soul to the other, and each time they reached the fevered pitch of their passion, he would kiss her just as deeply, as if willing her to let go and be lost with him in their shared intimacy. He had murmured in her ears several times, but as she had been lost in the heat of the moment every single time, she failed to catch his words.

She looked on him now and reached out to to touch his brows, admiring the slope of his nose, his bow shaped lips, even the curve of his elfin ear. She thought of how Jung Hwa had nibbled her ears and fell to blushing again when she thought of nibbling his ears in return.

"What bad thougths were you thinking of doing?" his voice husky from sleep startled her out of her reverie. She bit her lips feeling shy all of a sudden. He pulled her closer to him, nuzzling her hair, her neck. She could feel his breathing as it warms her skin. 

"I wasn't...um, I-I was just admiring your ears," was her stumbling reply, as he started to plant light kisses on her shoulder and neck, until he reach her ear, catching a lobe in a tender bite. Her breath caught when she felt him trace the curves of her ear with the tip of his tongue, eliciting a shiver of response from her.

"Jung Hwa, you had whispered several times last night but I didn't catch any of it. I was, um, too caught up." She said shyly. "What were you saying?"

"Hmm, was I? When exactly was I saying anything?" He said, as he kept on planting love bites on her neck and shoulders.

"Oh,...you know, when...I mean.." and blushed furiously recalling their most intimate moments.

Jung Hwa raised himself on his arms, keeping her caged between them. He stared at her, seeing the soft look in her eyes, still hooded from sleep, her lips swollen from his kisses, and the blush that bloomed as he gazed his fill of her. 

"I said the same things, each time," he said as he leaned down to place a light kiss first on one eye, "my heart," then the other eye, "my love," then her lips, "my Mi Young-ie" and the look he gave her was enough to make her heart beat a clamor out of her chest. 

This time the kiss he gave her was sensual, colored with the intimate knowledge he now possesses of her. As she gave in to his desires, her own passion ignited, and she marveled anew how he could easily trigger such feelings of want from a mere touch, a mere kiss. And he reveled in how responsive she is even to his lightest caresses.

Jung Hwa had never been shy with his affections. More than ever, now that he is free to express his love to her physically, he was generous in giving her pleasures she never knew possible. That he could elicit such wanton abandonment from this prim and proper woman who gave herself wholeheartedly to him was more than he could bear. She is like a drug to his senses; every gasps and incomprehensible murmurs she made each time he made love to her only fanned the fire burning, coursing in his veins. He could not get enough of her, the taste and feel of her. He willingly showed her, opening her eyes to this new experience only lovers can speak of and know of; and she...she, such a willing learner, returning his caresses heat to heat until he felt he is no longer a separate being but rather now fully whole, finally completed by her.

They lay in each other's arms, spent, happy, content. He had no desire to leave the bed and was perfectly satisfied to keep her there with him. She had chuckled saying, "We will need to eat sometime today.."

"I've got everything I need right here," tightening his arms around her more, as if she might get this preposterous idea of allowing an inch of space to get in between them.

"Hmm, we'll need sustenance, otherwise, we'll faint."

"It's just food; it can wait. Are you hungry?" he asked, titling her chin up towards him to see her face fully. She had snuggled in his arms, her head resting on his chest. She liked hearing the sound of his heart beat, steady and strong, much more so now with the feel of his bare skin underneath the covers with her.

"No, but we will be in a little while. It's almost noon already."

"If you want, we can go out and have lunch somewhere...?" his tentative tone belies his true feelings. He had no intention of leaving the house, nay, not even the bed if possible.

"We have food here. I cooked to keep busy when you were away. It just needs heating up."

"Good, we can just stay in bed then." And he proceeded to catch her lips for another kiss. "I'm glad it's the weekend." He sighed contentedly.

"I was really worried about you," she said in between his kisses. "And I know I will keep worrying."

"I'll find a way somehow to send messages to you, the next time I have to leave. I never had to bother before, but now that you're here..."

"I don't want to compromise your mission, Jung Hwa. I will learn to deal with it."

"You won't. We're both learning as we go along, now that we have someone other than ourselves to worry about. And when we have our family, it will be something to consider." He caressed her cheeks, chuckling. "At the rate we're going, I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen sooner."

She blushed and bit her lips hearing his words. "Isn't it too soon? I mean, we just, you know. I don't want to share you just yet."

"Oh really?" he was irrationally happy. "Don't worry, there's no sharing me with others. I'm all yours, remember?"

Mi Yeung kissed his chin, then hid her face in the crook of his neck, suddenly overcame with emotions she could not put to words. She didn't know how else to let him know he has fast become her everything, soon after realizing and admitting to herself how much she cares for him.

"I love you." Her voice is quiet, choked with feelings she cannot contain.

She didn't miss the rise of his chest, the deep breath he took upon hearing her words. In turn, he took her face in his hand and looked deeply into her eyes and said, "I love you more..."

.

.