Chapter 4

Summon Night!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"..." - speech

'...' - thoughts

"Stop following me! Go back to your realm or whatever so I could talk to that old fart to let me redo my summoning." Sana turned around to face the object of her ire. As soon as Heechul dismissed them, she quickly got up and made a beeline to the Headmaster's quarters, stopping occasionally due to the fact that she didn't want her 'soon-to-be ex-Guardian' to follow.

"That's not possible. I'm sorry." Kwangchan slightly bowed which irked her even more. "Any other order you give, I will obey and do with no questions asked. But I'm afraid I won't allow you to continue with your current plan."

Sana was getting even angrier now. "Don't you get it? I'm from the esteemed line of the Minatozaki's, so it is expected of me to summon someone with a strong Bond Rank with me. But not only are you a Guardian with an unknown Bond Rank, you also have the audacity to talk back to me, your Summoner!? You aren't worthy of me, and as such I'm disowning you. Now stop following me!"

"No."

"How dare you!? I'm your Summoner and I gave you an order! You have to obey it!" She was drawing in a crowd now but she was way too angry to notice or care. That's why she continued shouting at the top of her lungs. Trying desperately to discourage the man in front of him to stand down.

“Hey, what's happening?” One whispered from the crowd.

“Looks like the first year Minatozaki is having a fight with her Guardian.” answered his companion.

“With what?” the former one asked but all he got as an answer this time was a shrug. They stopped conversing when Sana once again shouted.

"I said obey!"

Kwangchan stood still, looking at her with a poker face.

'I have to get stronger...no, I NEED to get stronger. I don't need someone to hindrance me, especially not my Guardian who I have to rely on many things from now on.' She thought as she saw a brief flash of memory she had tried to forget many times before. She closed her eyes and winced as if in pain. She hated being weak, She needed to get stronger. For herself, for her family, for-.

"Not if it will result to my demise, I won't." Sana opened her eyes. Completely off guard with her Guardian speaking again. "Wha-?" she accidentally muttered.

Kwangchan studied her from top to bottom before reaching something from his pocket. He took it out moments later then threw it at her. Due to reflexes, Sana caught it. When she looked down at the object in her hand, she saw that it was their Life Resonance Stone. She tore her gaze away from the stone and looked at Kwangchan once again. He, being able to tell that she was about to question him why he had thrown it at her, answered before she even got to asked.

"I'm bound to you, yes. And that means your orders are mine to obey, mine to uphold and mine to finish. It will be my law, my life and it will be my everything. But you have to realize that this is not a one-way thing. That by me being bound to you results in you being bound to me as well. You are my Master and I am your Guardian. It doesn't matter if you don't want that or me, for that matter. Because you have no say in it...but neither do I. That stone is all the proof we need. The bindings that keep us together and the only way to break it is by killing me." He paused as he noticed that everyone in the vicinity have gone rigid, including his Master, who was staring at him with wide eyes with her lower lip trembling and her eyes watering. He didn't know why she was reacting the way she was, but he needed to get his point across. She needed to know the implications of what she was about to do, of what she will have to become if she continued with her plan...a murderer.

"If you want to get rid of me that badly then I suggest you do it yourself by crushing that stone. Because no matter what you say, I won't follow orders that will result to my death."

Sana slowly hung her head down as she looked back at the stone in her hands. That's when she noticed that she was trembling. This stone in her hands, all she had to do was crush it and she will get what she wanted. She will get to redo the summoning ritual and possibly summon a Guardian to her liking. But could she do it? Could she really kill? Could she really bear the thought of becoming a murderer? Another wave of painful memories flashed through her mind and she felt her eyes about to release the incoming tears when laughter was heard from the crowd. She sharply looked at the culprit as all her sadness and grief was replaced by anger. 'Who dares laugh at me?' She thought.

Her question was answered when the girl she had a light scuffle with this morning, along with her two lackeys walked towards her between the gathered crowds splitting to give them space. Seeing them pissed Sana off even more.

"You-!"

"How pathetic." Jennie smirked. "To think you had such guts to mock me earlier when you are this weak. Truly pathetic. Is this all the Minatozakis are capable of? Not even having the ability to make their equally weak Guardian obey their orders? What a joke. ”Jennie’s lackeys laughed as she finished.

Kwangchan took a step forward towards Jennie and her lackeys when Sana interfered.

"Stand down! This is my fight!"

"That automatically makes this my fight as-"

"No! This is my fight and MINE only. You said you will obey any other order aside from those that will result in your disownment. Well this doesn’t, so stand down! That's an order!"

'If I let my Guardian into this, then she would summon hers as well. And I don't know if I can win a fight when that happens because of the fact that the strength of my Guardian is unknown unlike hers, who could go toe to toe with Momo-unnie's. I have no choice but to beat her using these hands of mine' Sana pocketed the Life Resonance Stone before clenching her fist and speaking in a low tone.

"I'll make you regret insulting me or my family!"

Most in the crowd, sensing the tension brewing and what was about to go down, left to avoid being caught in the crossfire or left simply because they didn't want the student council up in their faces for being involved in an unofficial duel. Only three other students stayed. One was a man sitting in a nearby bench with a gold collar uniform who was looking at the scene with a mischievous grin plastered on his face. "Finally, my cup of tea."

Another one was a woman with short hair beside him, with the same color of collar on her uniform. "Seriously Sungjae, we would still be classmates if you weren't fond of picking and watching these kind of fights. I don't even understand why you enjoy them so much, it isn't even a proper duel."

"That's exactly it Hyeri-ah." Sungjae exclaimed, his eyes shining with anticipation. "Fights like these...They're the best because there are no rules whatsoever. The fighters can do whatever the hell they want. Unlike during formal duels and tournaments by the school. Which is super boring by the way." Hyeri sighed before addressing her former classmate once again.

"Tsk! Whatever, Just don't get yourself involved this time or you will be kicked out for sure."

Sungjae was about to whine when Hyeri fixed him with her infamous Demon Stare, immediately stopping him.

'EEP! It's the Demon Hyeri!'

Near the two was Mina and Suho, watching the fight unfold. They wanted to step in earlier but when Mina heard Sana declaring this her fight and hers alone, she thought better of it.

'I'll watch for now.'

Sana clenched her fist and gritted her teeth before barking out, "Take back what you said about my family and I being weak before I make you." Jennie though, only snorted out of amusement and decided to provoke the younger girl even more.

"Not weak? Are you kidding, Miss Bond Rank Zero Zero?" More laughter, courtesy of her lackeys, followed. Jennie grinned in victory when Sana lunged at her. Her right fist pulled back, aiming at her face. Soon enough, Sana swung her fist but was caught off guard when she found herself face planted on the ground, a few feet from where she had been, with a bloody nose and busted upper lip. She slowly lifted her head up whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter