Chapter 3

Summon Night!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"..." - speech

'...' - thoughts

Kwangchan's POV

"What- happening- ?"

'Who's that?'

"Do yo- mean-?"

'A girl shouting?'

"Sana, please calm down."

'Another one. But this one has a calm voice.'

He then felt someone shaking him.

'Who the-?'

His question was answered when a very familiar voice reached his ears.

"Aqua!" The voice shouted but as discreetly as possible. "Aq- Ah no, we aren't in the Cross Headquarters right now. Kwangchan! Wake up! We're at one of the academies!"

That last bit finally got his attention as he finally decided to open his eyes. The first thing he noticed was that he was sprawled on the ground with a familiar face in front of him, looking at him with concern. As he sat up, he then looked around and saw that he was in some kind of stadium that was jam-packed with students. He saw his fellow Cross member stood up and offered him a hand, which he immediately took.

"I want a re-test!! There has to be some kind of malfunction! I mean, what does this entail!? What about my section!?"

Kwangchan looked at a brunette a few feet away from him. She was yelling at someone who was in a formal suit beside a massive machinery.

'If this is an academy, then someone with that outfit must be one of the instructors and that 'thing' must be the so called 'Tower'.'

He then felt his shoulder being tapped as he glanced at his comrade again. He gave the guy a questioning look hoping he didn't have to say anything for him to get what he wanted. Fortunately, Suho knew him well enough by now to get it. His comrade sighed and pointed at the still shouting girl being calmed by another.

"That brunette right there with long hair is your Summoner. Mine is the one calming her down. They're both royals, if you're wondering."

So it was true then, he really was summoned. He looked at his so called ‘Summoner’ as she glanced at him at the same time. He noticed that she was glaring at him and she clicked her tongue as she turned away. She looked like she still wasn't done and wanted to say a few more words before a hearty laughter was heard coming from a room way up the stadium.

Sana's POV

My eyes twitched as they roamed around the room. Several of my classmates looked at me like an alien, disbelief and confusion written among their faces. While the rest, which consists of boys, didn't even hide the fact that they were ogling at me with drools on the corner of their mouths. Our teacher at the front of the room cleared his throat for the umpteenth time, trying desperately and failing miserably to garner the attention of every single one of them. He was about 5'9 feet tall and had a laidback aura around him.

I unconsciously clenched my fist below my desk and took a calming breath before glancing at the guy with a black scarf beside me, my Guardian. The twitching of my eyes intensified as I practically glowered at him but to his credit, his face remained stoic and he continued to face the front, along with the other guardians in the room. Finally deciding that I had enough of this farce, I abruptly stood up. The sound of my chair rubbing against the floor snapped everyone from their trance and they regarded me with a lot more focus now. Even the guys' faces took a more serious side.

"I still don't understand what’s the reason why I’m in Class 3, when it’s a known fact that I am a royal! I demand a retest!”

Heechul, our teacher, sighed as he regarded me with a look of indifference before repeating the same words the Headmaster gave during the Summoning Ritual after I questioned his decision.

“The result is not a malfunction. It is just that the Tower doesn’t have the capacity to gauge his” He paused as he gestured to Kwangchan, before continuing, “strength. Either your Guardian’s level is too strong or too weak for the tower to detect. I have heard of the tale of one such as yourself who summoned someone such as himself. Due to the fact that he is an unknown, you will automatically be placed at the lowest section unless proven otherwise. This is the same decision that was made all those years ago so this is the decision I will make now. Minatozaki Sana, you are to be placed in Class 3. If you are not satisfied with this result, then all you have to do is prove yourself to me and the whole school.” Heechul then waved his hand dismissively before facing the rest of the class. “That was the exact same words of our beloved Headmaster and I believe that answers your question Miss Minatozaki so if you could please sit down, I'd like to start the class.”

“That’s bull-“ before I could even finish, I felt a killer intent strong enough to make my knees wobbly coming from Heechul-songsaenim as his eyes focused on me again.

"Sit.Down."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter