Chapter 2

Summon Night!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"..." - speech

'...' - thoughts

Step, Step, Step...

'So this is it huh? The number one Magical Academy there is, Celestial Academy.'

Step, Step, Step...

'Surrounded by a humongous magical forest that serves as a training ground for the students and their Guardians to practice their crafts. And this is the entrance...'

Step, Step, Step...

'Not bad-' She was interrupted out of her musings by the noise around her.

"Hey look at that girl!"

"Who? The brunette?"

"Yeah, look at the crest on her right chest! Isn't that the crest of the Minatozaki family?"

"Oh yeah! Looks like we got another royalty here in this school."

"And look, based on the color of the collar of her uniform, seems like she's a first year."

"Woah! Nice find!"

"Hah! Of course, I have good eyes after all."

"Shhh! Let's get out of here! It seems like she noticed us."

"Crap! Okay, Let's!"

'Heh! Seems like the students here know their place after all. It makes this way easier.' She then accidentally bumped into another girl but didn't even care as she continued on her way.

"Hey you!" 

The young Minatozaki turned to see three girls with folded arms in front of her. 'Or not...' She raised her eyebrows at the trio before observing them.

'Blue Collars, that means second years then. No crest on their chests, commoners.'

They got irritated when she didn't answer, that's why the one in the middle spoke again.

"Hey! First year! I'm talking to you! You bumped into me and dare not to apologize?"

She, for her part, just remained silent. She looked at the middle girl,

'Her posture, the way the other two remain silent when she talks, seems like she's the leader.'

The 'leader' got fed up on being ignored so she raised her voice even more to a shout,

"You royals! Always the arrogant bunch! You make me sick! I'm your senior you ! And you will repond when I'm talking-"

"Why should I bring myself to respond to you? And why should a royal like me, apologize to someone like you? Know your place commoner." The young Minatozaki spoke in a voice that was filled with superiority. The 'leader', being caught off guard by the interruption and by the way the girl talked, raised her hand, about to slap the arrogant girl in front of her when suddenly a timid voice stopped them,

"Ummm..You shouldn't be fighting..." They both looked at the mediator as they both saw another first-year, fiddling with her fingers nervously and looking at them shyly. 

"Mina?" The young Minatozaki's eyes widened as she looked at the fidgeting girl a few feet away from her. Myoui Mina from the Myoui family. Another family known for producing decent summoners throughout the years. They may not be at the level of the Minatozakis but they were still high up at the upper part of the hiearchy ladder. Also, she was one of her childhood friends.

'Well of course, a royal family like hers would surely send their child to the number one academy as well.' She saw her childhood friend smiling bashfully at her before muttering, "S-sana. It's nice to see you again."

"YOHOO!!!" They were interrupted by another voice. This one, booming and full of energy unlike theirs. "Sana!!!Mina!!!!" As if suddenly realizing who was calling them, they quickly turned their heads, eyes widening as they slowly recognized the new arrival that stopped beside Mina, holding both her knees and wheezing. "I...finally..caught...sight of...you both..." 

"Unnie!/Momo-unnie!!"

Momo Hirai, another royal like them and their last childhood friend. She was a year older than them and as such, she was like the mother of their group. She informed them of her decision to attend Celestial Academy last year. It was also another reason why the younger two chose this school. So that they can be with their precious unnie again. The older royalty finally caught her breath as she fully stood up, smiling at them softly. Eyes slightly tearing up.

"I missed you my babies!" Momo then caught both off guard as she immediately engulfed them in a tight hug. Both were shocked at first but then smiled as they remembered their past and how they used to hug like this all the time back then. 

"I missed you guys." They all said at the same time after parting. When they realized it, they all laughed (giggled in the case of Mina). Their happy reunion was cut off though, by a cough. The childhood buddies turned to see the trio, who bothered Sana, was still there.

"Ah! Jennie!" Momo greeted her cheerfully, smiling widely. Jennie rolled her eyes before clicking her tongue.

"Momo." She said in acknowledgement before continuing, "Please discipline this runt here before I discipline her myself. And also, just because you won against me last year, it doesn't mean you get to be high and mighty as well. I'll beat you and your Guardian to a pulp this time." With that she walked away, followed by her two followers. The gathered crowd (When did they get so many?) parted and went on their way as well. Wise enough to leave the three royals alone after sensing the conflict between Jennie and her minions and the First Year Minatozaki, was over.

The same Minatozaki's eyebrows twitched as she looked at the retreating back of the annoying commoner.

"How dare she? Addressing you unnie, a royal, like that!? Doesn't she know her place?"

Momo and Mina looked at each other before the former sighed. "You haven't changed huh? If you don't start respecting those same commoners you hate so much, it can get you in trouble, you know?"

"That's right. Remember that royals came from commoners once upon a time. After all, royals wasn't even a proper term before Guardians were discovered. It means that the first royals came from being commoners. Even now, some commoners, if they aren't part of an already established royal family, can still become royals themselves if they have sufficient magical reserves, summoned a strong Guardian with a strong Bond Rank and if deemed worthy by the royal council." Mina added as Momo nodded. 

"Yeah. And Jennie, that you pissed off, is one of those same commoners being regarded by the council for a promotion."

"As if they can do anything to me. I'm an established royal as soon as I was born, surely my Guardian will be much stronger than theirs."

Sana was, however caught off guard when her Momo-unnie's face turned serious and regarded her with a glare. "That's enough Sana. The world has changed. Don't underestimate anyone, royal or commoner, for they will kill you when they have a chance."

But as quickly as it came, as quickly as it was replaced by her normal cheerful demeanor. "Let's go to the morning assembly. It's time for the Summoning Ritual. Are you both ready?"

Mina nodded her head shyly before muttering a shaky 'yeah' while Sana smirked, crossed her arms, before saying, "I was born ready."

Sana and Mina looked around the spacious arena, that was supposed to be their gymnasium, filled with students of different years. They saw the third years and their gold collars occupying the left bleachers while they saw the second years and their blue collars at the opposite bleachers. There, they spotted their Momo-unnie cheering for them as she shouted their names at the top of her lungs. They smiled, and in Sana's case: with a shake of her head, at their supportive yet goofy unnie. As for them, they were at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter