Chapter 2

New Destiny

(Someone's POV)

 

All I remember is the Oracle showing me and my brothers her dreadful prophecy. Our death. Our failure to finish a war that started ages before us. I remember her words. Our destinies shall change. We need to learn more. We need to feel more. Only by this way shall our victory be achieved. And so with a puff of smoke, my brothers and I were consumed.

 

I woke up in a strange place. The ground was smoking and inside of a hole was me and three girls. I stagger to get up. How did I get here? Who are these little girls around me? I started scanning around for my sword and helmet. As I lift up my hands, I saw that they became younger and whiter. Glancing a bit down I was struck with fear and shock. I have s like a lady! And I see that my clothes match the ones worn by the girls inside the hole with me. I held my head as I feel a splitting headache. I looked up the hole and saw three other girls, all wearing the clothes that I do. One of them was holding some sort of box with a light on it. I was about to speak when I passed out, laying back on the ground were I first laid down.

 

I opened my eyes slowly. A blinding light welcomed me as I slowly woke up. When I had my eyes open, another wave of shock hit me. I was in a kind of room with a white light on the ceiling. There were white curtains hanging beside me. I tried to lift my body up when I saw that my hand was attached to something; a straw type thing connected to a sort of a potion hanging on a metal rod. 'It must some sort of a healing elixir', I thought. As I managed to sit down, I saw someone enter the room. She was a girl with pretty, big eyes and nice, straight hair. She looked at me and smiled.

"Finally, you're awake." she said as she went near me. "We were worried about you, Miss Jeongyeon."

Miss? Jeongyeon? I stared at her with a puzzled look.

"Who--" I started to speak, but my words were swallowed. My eyes grew wide as I held on to my throat. "Thi---This is not my voice." I croaked. I sounded like a young girl. I tried to cough and cough to clear my throat, much to the worry of the girl beside me.

"Are you okay, Miss Jeongyeon? Do you need water?" she said as she tried to hold on to my arm. I was breathing heavily.

"No." I managed to say as I held her arm back. "I...I'm fine." I nodded to her as I try to regain my composure. "My name is not Jeongyeon. I am Stonehall, commander of the Bronze Legion. I need to know what happened to me and my brothers." I told her firmly as I stared at her eyes which is now looking back at me like I'm a strange man from another world.

"O.....okay?" she said as she now tried to get away from my grip. "I...I'm Jihyo, leader of the weird kids." she smiled as she speak, although her tone was that of a sarcastic one. "I don't know what you mean by what happened to you or your so-called brothers but this is what I know." she said as she took a seat on the edge of the bed. "My friends and I were walking back to our house when we saw a meteor crashing into the empty site just behind our place. My friends and I followed the crash and saw a hole in the ground. That is where we saw you and three other girls. We thought you were all injured so we brought you all to the hospital to get treated."

I nodded at her story as I try to process the things that happened. All of the things she said doesn't make much sense to me although they were all facts, atleast I think it was. I didn't see any hint of lying from her eyes. When I looked back at her, she took out the box I saw before from her pocket. She was doing something on it before she showed it to me. I suddenly moved back away from her. "You have a vision mirror with you?!" I said. "Are you a shaman of some sort?"

"Wha-- no." she said as she shook her head. "This is a cellphone. I took a video of what happened." she showed me again the box and there I saw myself and three other people inside the hole.

I looked at it before closing my eyes to breath deeply. Maybe this is what the Oracle meant when she told us that our destinies had changed. If it is, I have no choice but to accept it. I breathed deeply a couple more times before opening my eyes. The girl who calls herself Jihyo was looking at me worriedly. I tried to smile a bit to calm her.

"These...these girls you said that are with me. Where are they?" I asked her. She smiled back before standing up.

"They're here." she said as she opened the curtains on both sides of my bed. There I saw one girl on my right and two others on my left. 'They must be my brothers.' I thought. All had met the same fate as I did; became a young girl. I looked back at Jihyo.

"Thank you." I said. "I just have one request to ask you."

"Sure. Anything." she said as she smiled at me. I can't help but smile back.

"Can you...leave me and these girls for a while? I just need to talk to them when they wake up."

"Ohh. Okay." she nodded softly. "I'll just come visit you tomorrow. My friends are already sleeping outside the room so we'll go home for now."

I gave her a nod and smiled at her. "Thank you again. I will see you by sunrise." And with that, she left the room. I tried to stand up when Jihyo left. Holding on to the metal pole where my healing potion is, I slowly trodded into the nearest mirror that I can find. I stared at myself. My new self. Although I am now a girl, a part of my manliness remained. My hair is now of a gold color which is cut shorter than a girl's usual hair. My skin was whiter than I used to be. I shook my head as I grab a fistful of my hair. It will take time to get used to this face. I then saw something attached to the cloth I was wearing. It was a small rectangular plate of sort with inscriptions on it. Although I know I haven't seen those symbols before, I read it perfectly. "Yoo. Jeong.Yeon." I said. "This might be a name. Now I now why Jihyo called me Jeongyeon."

 

Sunrise came a few hours later, and I saw the three of them slowly waking up. I was sitting down on a chair that was facing all of the beds. I won't lie, I laughed a little when I saw all of them started to freak out from what they saw of them and the ones with them. One kid started looking around.

"Avon! Avon, where are you?!" she said. I automatically recognised her as my youngest brother, Sylla.

One of the girls, looked at herself without saying a word. I knew that moment she was Clinkz, the trusted archer of the family.

"I'm hungry." one of the girls said as she held on to her stomach. She was Rubick, an arsenal Magus and the only magic user among us.

I try to stand up while holding on to the pole. I looked at all of them before speaking. "Silence, my brothers." they all looked at me with a questioning look on their face. No one uttered a word so I continued. "It is I, Stonehall. Your eldest."

Sylla looked at me and spoke. "What? Who are you really? Where is Stonehall? What happened to us??" I raised my hand up to stop her from saying anything else.

"It is really I, Stonehall. Commander of the Bronze Legion. All of us has been transported in a world unknown by the Oracle. We lost all of the things we had before, like our weapons, our magic, and even your pet Avon." I looked at Sylla as she looked down in sadness. "She was also the one who transformed us into young girls. She spoke about our changing destiny and I think this is what she meant." I looked at all of them and was relieved that all of them were listening intently. "We were saved by a girl named Jihyo along with her friends. These potions of attached to us are healing elixirs of some sort." I saw Rubick scoffed as she poked the container of the potion. She was the one who makes our potions and she doesn't look impressed with the one connected to her. "As for now we shall do our part in this destiny of ours. We shall take in the names written on our chests." All of them took the small plates from their clothes and read them.

"Momo." said Rubick. "Sounds like a name of a food. And I'm hungry."

"Son Chaeyoung." Said Sylla.

"Kim Dahyun. That is your name." I said when Clinkz showed me her plate. She nodded at me.

"Remember your names. This is what we will use from now on. We shall dwell among the humans in this world and shape our new destiny." I said to them. All looked at me with a smile and nodded.

 

 

 

Suddenly, the door of the room opened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for everyone who's reading this. I have been away from writing for years and I'm trying to get back so excuse any of my errors/ mistakes. A few comments would help me improve and motivate me so please leave one if you can. :) I love you all!~ <3