Chapter VII: Nicknames

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7

 

Jeongyeon just stayed in bed for the whole Sunday to take a rest so that she’ll be able to go to school tomorrow.

Tzuyu, who just came home from her drama practice that afternoon asked to play a game with her.

“Game? What kind of game? And why do you suddenly want to play a game?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Aren’t you bored just lying down here?” Tzuyu answered.

“Very, but do I have a choice? I’m sick.”

Then Tzuyu went to touch Jeongyeon’s forehead. “You’re getting fine now. Did mom take care of you?”

“Yes. She’s very thoughtful. I really appreciate it.” Jeongyeon said, smiling. “How did your practice go, anyway?”

Tzuyu sighed. “I don’t know. I’m not in the mood to practice today, for goodness sake it’s Sunday! I can’t concentrate on my lines. But it’s good to know that mom takes care of you well.”

‘I should thank her later.’ Tzuyu thought.

But the truth is Tzuyu keeps on thinking about Jeongyeon the whole practice that’s why she can’t concentrate and wants to go home. She even keeps on asking her mom from time to time to check on Jeongyeon and take care of her.

“So don’t you want to play a game?” Tzuyu continued.

“Of course I want. But what kind of game are we playing? Bring it on!” Jeongyeon sat up.

“Hmm… let me think first.”

“What?! You wanna play but you still do not know—“

“Shut up, I’m thinking.”

Jeongyeon giggled and thought of a game. She suddenly took Tzuyu’s hand. “Close your eyes.”

Tzuyu’s heart beat increased. “W-why?” She looked at their hands.

“You want to play a game right? I have one in mind. Now, close your eyes.” Jeongyeon explained.

Tzuyu gulped, hesitating but she closed her eyes. Why is she so nervous?

Jeongyeon took the chance to stare at Tzuyu’s face before speaking. “Okay, so, I’m gonna write something on your palm, it could be a title of a movie, but you should guess it. I’ll give you 5 seconds to guess. If you failed, I’ll hit your forehead—“

“What?” Tzuyu opened her eyes.

“Yah, close your eyes! I’m gonna start now.”

Tzuyu pouted and closed her eyes again.

“Our category is title of the movies.” Jeongyeon pulled Tzuyu’s hand closer to her and started writing on her palm using her forefinger.

Tzuyu tried to concentrate on what Jeongyeon is writing and not on the tingling sensations she’s feeling right now when suddenly, she felt ticklish.

Tzuyu’s hand jerked a bit and she’s trying not to laugh.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you? Concentrate.” Jeongyeon scolded.

“It-it’s ticklish.” Tzuyu was about to open her eyes when Jeongyeon covers it briefly.

“Don’t open your eyes yet.” Then Jeongyeon finishes writing. “Guess it now. I’m gonna start counting. Five…”

“What? But—“

“…four…”

Tzuyu opened her eyes. “But what did you write? I did not get it!”

“…three…”

“Wait, Jeongyeon stop counting!” Tzuyu attempted to cover Jeongyeon’s mouth but Jeongyeon caught her hands and holds it to stop Tzuyu.

“…two…”

“Yah, you have an ugly handwriting—“

“…one.” Then Jeongyeon hits Tzuyu’s forehead. Pak!

“Oww…” Tzuyu pouted as she caressed on her forehead.

“You’ll have to guess again.” Jeongyeon said.

“What?! That’s not fair I’m not really Korean so it’s kind of hard for me to guess.”

“Okay, I’ll write slowly. Now close your eyes.”

Tzuyu huffed and closed her eyes again. She doesn’t have a choice. But this time she tried her best to focus while she bit her lip. She’s starting to like the game.

Jeongyeon then started writing on Tzuyu’s soft palm again when Tzuyu’s lips slowly formed a smile as she focused intently on the letters that Jeongyeon is writing down.

Jeongyeon looks up to Tzuyu after writing when her eyes landed first on Tzuyu’s lips. She instantly looks away and just looks at Tzuyu’s face.

“Guess now! Five…”

Tzuyu started guessing. “I knew it! It’s P.S….”

“…Four…”

Tzuyu opened her eyes and looks at Jeongyeon smugly. “…I love you…”

Jeongyeon blinks as she only stared at Tzuyu.

“Tell me… I guessed it right. It’s P.S. I love you.”

Then Jeongyeon realized that Tzuyu guessed what she has written down, “Tsk. Fine, you won.”

Tzuyu clapped from happiness. “Close your eyes now, Puppy~”

Jeongyeon was surprised from the new nickname. “What did you call me?”

“It doesn’t matter, PuppyJeong. Just close your eyes. It’s my turn now. Gimme your hand.”

“Don’t act so cocky now, TzuYoda.” Jeongyeon said as she gave her hand to Tzuyu, snickering.

Tzuyu frowned but her lip is twitching into a smile. “Yah! What’s with my nickname?”

“You look like Yoda…”

Tzuyu frowned more.

“Hey, don’t be sad ‘cause Chanyeol from EXO is Yoda too. So I guess Yodas are goodlooking.” Jeongyeon explained as she doesn’t want Tzuyu to take it the wrong way and get offended.

But it doesn’t help. Tzuyu still continued to frown at Jeongyeon. “Hmp. At least you’re a puppy.”

“Kekekeke…”

Then Tzuyu smirked as she realized something. “So we have nicknames now, eh?”

“You started it.”

Then Tzuyu took Jeongyeon’s hand again as Jeongyeon closed her eyes. They continued to play the game.

 

*

That night, Jeongyeon completely feels better now. She and Tzuyu went talking again as they both lie down on the bed to sleep.

“I really wanna know Jeongyeon, how’s the party?”

“If you’re really that curious, why didn’t you just come yesterday?”

“I’m not interested in the party; I’m interested in you--”

“You’re what?!”

“No! I mean… did you really have fun? How are you and Sana? What did you do after reuniting with her?”

Jeongyeon remembered the kiss again. “We did nothing.”

“Nothing? You didn’t talk or danced?”

“Oh, of course we talked and danced.”

Tzuyu is frustrated on how short Jeongyeon answers are. She’s been like this since yesterday. She really wanted to know if Sana confessed or not. And Tzuyu is not really sure why it’s bugging her.

But Tzuyu tried again. “What did you two talk about?”

“Some… things. Why are you so interested about me and Sana?”

Tzuyu, then, went defensive. “Well, you and Sana used to be close.”

“Is that enough reason for you to be so interested about it?”

“Err… no. But is it wrong to ask? Why can’t you seem to answer me properly? Unless you’re hiding something...” Tzuyu have a feeling that Sana had confessed to Jeongyeon. But she also asked herself, so what if Sana confessed? She made it clear that she likes Jeongyeon.

“I-I-I’m not hiding something! But… Is Sana also included in the play?”

“She’s not. Why?”

Jeongyeon is wondering why Tzuyu seems to know something about her and Sana. Did Sana called or texted Tzuyu about what happened at the party? Or does Tzuyu know that Sana likes her? That probably is.

“Nothing. I just want to ask.”

“Why do you want to ask?”

“Well, you’re asking questions too Tzuyu. Is it wrong to ask?”

Tzuyu huffed, realizing what Jeongyeon is doing. “Fine. Let’s sleep now before we start fighting again. I don’t want us fighting. And it’s fun playing with you earlier by the way, PuppyJeong.”

“Yeah. I had fun too TzuYoda… kkk… Goodnight Tzuyu.”

“Hmp. Goodnight.” Then Tzuyu faced her back at Jeongyeon, smiling. And she really feels completely happy today and their nicknames are cute. She’s honestly starting to like ‘TzuYoda’ since Jeongyeon is the one who made it up and Jeongyeon even said that people who resembles Yoda is goodlooking. So it means that, Jeongyeon really finds her goodlooking and this is the second time she told her that.

And Tzuyu is not really sure why it’s a big deal to her if Jeongyeon finds her beautiful or not.

 

 

*

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu’s relationship are improving when even on their way to school, the two girls are also chatting about random things about their hobbies, favourite music and the kind.

They’ve known each other better and realized how their opposite personalities are complementing each other.

“So are you going to wait for me later?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yeah, do I have a choice? Mom wants me to wait for you.” Jeongyeon said, shrugging.

“Good answer. See you later.” Tzuyu said, smiling.

“See you.” Jeongyeon said, smiling back, before they parted ways.

 

*

Mark is nowhere when Tzuyu reached the gymnasium. She wandered her eyes around to look for the guy when Sana approached her.

“Looking for Mark?” Sana teased.

“Yeah, kinda. By the way, I learned that you’re with Jeongyeon at the party last Saturday.”

Sana blushed and wondered if Jeongyeon mentions anything to Tzuyu. “Y-yeah… I even picked her and her friends up. But why didn’t you come?”

“I just don’t want to. So how are you and Jeongyeon? Did you confess to her?”

“Err… yeah but I’m not satisfied on how I confessed to her.”

Tzuyu blinked and wondered why Jeongyeon never mentions it and seems to be even avoiding the topic about Sana. “Why? What happened?”

“Didn’t she mention anything to you about it?”

“No, she didn’t. But why aren’t you satisfied? Did something go wrong?”

San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter