Chapter VI: Party

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6

 

“Are you sure that you don’t want to go?” Jeongyeon asked Tzuyu for the last time. Tonight is Yugyeom and Bambam’s party.

“No.” Tzuyu answered. “I’m not in the mood.”

“But Mark is going, right?”

“Just keep an eye on him.” Tzuyu playfully said. But she trusts Mark not being flirty with other girls.

Jeongyeon smirked. “I’m not his guard or anything.”

“Just kidding… Of course you should enjoy yourself.”

Then suddenly their mom peeped into their room. “Jeongyeon, your friend is already here to pick you up.”

“Oh, thanks mom.” Then Jeongyeon turned at Tzuyu. “Bye.”

“Bye. Enjoy the night.” Tzuyu said. “And take care.”

“Thanks.” Then Jeongyeon took a final look in the mirror before leaving.

“Be careful okay? And text us if you plan on going home or staying overnight.” Their mom reminded.

“Yes mom.”

 

As Jeongyeon left the house, she saw Sana leaning onto her car, waiting for her.

“Hey,” Jeongyeon called.

“You look so cool.” Sana complimented. And she still can’t believe that she’s with Jeongyeon right now.

“You too. And nice car, by the way.” Jeongyeon said. “Is that why you offered us a ride? To showcase your car?”

Sana blushed. “N-no! Of course not. I thought that we’re all going, so why not?”

“Keke… Why too serious? I’m thankful you offered a ride!”

Sana only giggled shyly. “So uhm… let’s go?”

“Yeah, let’s.”

Sana entered the driver’s seat and Jeongyeon sat on the passenger seat. Then she drove to Jihyo and Nayeon’s dormitory next.

While on their way, Sana tried striking a conversation. “Mm… I’m glad we talked again, Jeongyeon.”

“Oh, err… yeah. I’m sorry if I seem to be ignoring you the past few days. I’m just…”

“I understand. You don’t need to apologize.”

Jeongyeon sighed as she remembered the past. “…I suddenly missed the cheering squad… good old days.”

Sana smiled. “Yeah… How are you by the way? It’s nice seeing that you and Tzuyu being in good terms now.”

“Yeah. I never thought—it never crossed my mind that day would come. Tzuyu is not bad at all… she’s not, at all.”

“But why didn’t Tzuyu come with you?”

“Oh, she said that she’s not in the mood. I tried asking her, but she keeps saying no.” Jeongyeon shrugs again.

Not long after, they reached Nayeon and Jihyo’s dorm.

“Nice car Sana!” Jihyo complimented.

“Yeah.” Nayeon agreed then both of them entered the backseat and settled there.

After picking the two girls up, they go straight to the party.

 

*

It’s Bambam who welcomed the girls.

“Good seeing you guys here! Come on in! Food and drinks are inside. And Yugyeom is grilling some barbecues at the backyard. You should try it.”

“Thanks Bam.” Then all of them went straight to go get drinks. And mostly of the people who came from the party are schoolmates and some classmates of them.

 

“Let’s go check on Yugyeom.” Jihyo suggested. Then they made their way to the backyard.

And to their surprise, the backyard has a pool. And a reasonable number of people are already having fun in the pool.

“Why didn’t you tell us that you have a pool? I should’ve brought a swimsuit or extra clothes?” Jihyo complained to Yugyeom.

“You didn’t ask.”

“Do I need to ask? Really? Hmp. Just give us some of your barbecues.”

“Here, ladies.”

After Yugyeom gave them their barbecues they went to chat and drink with the people they know inside.

 

Maybe it’s the alcohol that gave Sana the courage to ask Jeongyeon to dance. “Let’s dance!”

“Oh, uhm… sure.” Jeongyeon said. But before going to the dance floor she took a large gulp of the alcoholic drink and went with Sana.

The music is lively so most of Bambam and Yugyeom’s visitors are having fun and enjoying the night.

Jeongyeon and Sana decided to dance at the backyard because the space inside is cramped.

 

Then Jeongyeon realized that this is what she needed, to have fun.

And she missed this feeling.

Jeongyeon took another bottle of light beer when a schoolmate of them went around giving bottles.

Then suddenly, Jeongyeon saw Mina with Junior and saw them making out at the pool.

And because Jeongyeon is kind of drunk now, she had a hard time looking away at the scene she’s seeing.

Then suddenly, Mina and Junior became Tzuyu and Mark. And now she’s seeing Tzuyu and Mark making out in the pool.

Jeongyeon shook her head to make sure she’s seeing the right thing and its Mina and Junior again.

Sana noticed that Jeongyeon is frozen. “Jeongyeon, are you okay?”

“No.” Jeongyeon said then she left the backyard and went to the most isolated place inside which is the bathroom.

Sana followed Jeongyeon to the bathroom and to her surprise Jeongyeon started crying.

Jeongyeon thought that she’s already fine, but after seeing what she saw earlier, she realized that she’s not.

“Jeongyeon! Why are you crying?” Sana ran to her and wiped her tears using only her fingers.

And because of depression Jeongyeon kissed Sana hard on the lips.

Sana is so surprised by the attack. She gently pushed Jeongyeon to break away. “Jeongyeon…” She said breathlessly.

Jeongyeon came back to her senses.

“I-I-I’m so sorry.” Jeongyeon said before running away again, out the apartment.

“Jeongyeon! Wait-“ Sana followed after but Jeongyeon didn’t stop.

 

Bambam and Yugyeom are surprised as they saw Jeongyeon go out their apartment without even saying goodbye.

“Where is she going?” Bambam asked Yugyeom.

“Home?”

“Without even saying goodbye?”

“Hey, Bam! Did you see Jeongyeon?” Sana suddenly appeared.

“Err…. Y-yeah. She just left. Why?” Bambam asked.

“Thanks!” Sana only said without answering Bambam’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter