Chapter III: Closer?

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update for you guys!^^ Enjoy

 

3

 

Monday arrives again and Jeongyeon woke up 5 am, the usual time she wakes up to prepare for school. But she wonders why she hasn’t heard any alarm.

She stretched her body and slowly sat up, looking on Tzuyu’s side of the bed. And to her surprise the younger girl is still lying there, sleeping peacefully.

‘Isn’t she going to school?’ Jeongyeon thought as she looks at Tzuyu’s sleeping face. And she has to admit that the girl is a sleeping beauty.

Jeongyeon quickly dismisses the thought in her mind as she decided to wake Tzuyu up.

“Yah, Tzuyu.” She softly called with a slight nudge to wake the girl up. But Tzuyu only moaned and turned around facing her back to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon’s brows furrowed. ‘Does she forget to set up an alarm or she’s not really planning to go to school? Aish…This brat…’

She tried waking up the girl again. “Yah, wake up! It’s already 5 am!”

Tzuyu forced to open an eye and turned to look at Jeongyeon. “Hrm?” was her only response.

And Jeongyeon finds it cute. The way how Tzuyu’s hair is dishevelled, and that look of sleepiness where she can’t even open an eye; and that slight furrow of brows.

How can Tuzyu still looks so breathtaking even in the morning?

Wait. Does she just think of Tzuyu as breathtaking? Scratch that.

Jeongyeon gulped as she caught herself staring at Tzuyu in an inappropriate way. She looks away. “Aren’t you going to school? It’s 5 am.” Then Jeongyeon left the bed and went to get her towel.

And with that Tzuyu looked at the wall clock hanging in their room and her eyes-widened, seeing the time. “Omo!”

“Did you forget to set your alarm?” Jeongyeon asked before leaving their room.

“Y-yeah…” Tzuyu felt suddenly frantic. She also left the bed and took her towel.

“Next time, don’t forget it. So, I’ll take a bath now.”

“Wait!” Tzuyu ran to her. “Let’s take a bath—“ as she realized what she was about to say, she stopped.

But Jeongyeon got what she said that caused her to stare at Tzuyu with wide-eyes. “What?”

 

But Tzuyu quickly thought of a word to save herself. “…I mean breakfast. Let’s take a breakfast together.”

Jeongyeon slightly smirked and scoffed at the same time. But it causes her heart to beat fast out of astonishment that Tzuyu wants to take a bath together with her. Thankfully, Tzuyu seems to be mistaken. She understood somehow because Tzuyu is Taiwanese and she might just be confused with bath and… breakfast? Although it doesn’t make any sense, Jeongyeon understood the girl’s lack of fluency in Korean language.

“Of course. We always eat breakfast together, because we have no other choice, mom cooks breakfast for us. So I’ll be taking a bath now.” Jeongyeon said. And Tzuyu only nodded.

And once Jeongyeon is out of the room, Tzuyu exhaled a large amount of carbon dioxide.

What was she thinking? It’s better to be late at school than to join her lesbian step sister in taking a bath. It would be okay if Jeongyeon happened to be straight but she’s not.

But Tzuyu clarified with herself that she has no problem Jeongyeon being gay. She’s not disgusted by the thought of it now. Besides, she finds it somewhat noble to completely love someone without looking in their physical attributes.

*

Tzuyu has no choice but to take a quick bath. And because she has no time enough to properly fix her appearance, she just put a powder on her face and a light lipstick. Thankfully, she’s naturally beautiful so she doesn’t need much effort. Simplicity is beauty.

 

Both of the girls left the house together.

Jeongyeon takes a look at Tzuyu and finds herself staring.

If Tzuyu thinks that she looks simple, well, she’s mistaken. Because Jeongyeon finds her blossoming today.

‘Tzuyu must be really in love with Mark.’  Jeongyeon thought before looking away from Tzuyu.

And this the first time that the two girls walk together. Not one of them is walking ahead and walking behind. They’re walking side by side.

Even when they rode the bus until they got off.

But as soon as they entered the campus, they went to part ways.

Jeongyeon went to the campus patrol squad office and Tzuyu to the gymnasium.

Tzuyu saw Mark as she reaches the gymnasium. Mark is expecting a kiss or a hug or anything sweet gesture from Tzuyu but all he got was,

“You’re an officer right?” Tzuyu said.

Mark was taken aback but he hides it. He gave Tzuyu a smile. “Yeah, but I’d like to see my girlfriend first.”

Tzuyu blushed from that and remembered that he’s her boyfriend now.

 

*

Jeongyeon on the other hand, saw Mina and Junior laughing together and is very affectionate towards each other.

She tried her best to ignore the lovers and went to the dressing room to change into her officer uniform.

And as soon as she finishes changing into their military-like uniform, she went straight to the gymnasium to meet their general.

And not long after, other officers came to the gymnasium until they got complete.

Their general starts to assign their tasks and position. Mark is assigned to check on the students ID at the corridor’s entrance later after the morning assembly. Junior and Bambam for the raising of the flag. Chaeyoung and Dahyun to look out for the late students. But unfortunately, she was assigned to be with Mina to look out for the students in the gymnasium and they’ll be doing that task for a month before their general assigns them to do a different task with a different partner.

So Jeongyeon decided to focus her attention to the students. Intending to forget that she’ll be doing this with Mina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter