of cigarettes and sleepless nights (ii)

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun found herself seeking comfort in the younger girl more often these days. Her lips were pressed up against Chaeyoung’s much more than they were wrapped around the of a cigarette. She found it better, much more stress relieving than the cancerous stick.

 

She denied any feelings towards her, only taking it as a ‘kiss a day keeps the doctor away’ kind of situation. Her thumb flicks open the top of her lighter, the metal sound ringing in her ears as she closed it.

 

“Did you like the show?”

 

She lifts her head up to see Chaeyoung smiling down at her. (How could she concentrate on any of the art pieces when Chaeyoung was there?) She quickly gets up onto her feet, the lighter being shoved into her jacket pocket.

 

“It was great,” She says smiling at her, “Everything seemed to really speak for itself.”

The younger girl smiles, her cheeks dusted with a light pink tint.

 

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Dahyun softly chuckles, noticing her shy antics.

 

“I’m assuming it’s all done now, if you wanted to go somewhere…” Chaeyoung’s eyes light up, a quick nod answering Dahyun’s question.

 

“Let me just grab my bag…I’ll meet you at your car.”

 

 

Dahyun exhales, not realizing she was holding her breath.

(“Tofu come on, Chaeyoung likes you and you like her back.”

 

She vigorously shakes her head. “You guys got it all wrong…it’s not like that.”

Jeongyeon lazily drapes her arm around Dahyun’s shoulder, “Dahyun it’s clear as day. Why are you denying it so hard?”

 

“Because it’s not what you think it is.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“I…I don’t know…”)

 

She turns the key in the ignition, her car rumbling to life. Chaeyoung slides into the passenger’s seat, “So where are we off to captain Dahyun?”

Dahyun raises an eyebrow, “Where did the captain come from?”

 

“You’re always leading these adventures,” Chaeyoung says, a small smile on her lips, “You’re the more adventurous one anyways.”

She laughs, “We’ll just go wherever the stars lead us.”

 

 

 

“They’re definitely together,” Jeongyeon says. Tzuyu shrugs as she watches her two friends depart.

 

“It could be the beginning of something,” Tzuyu simply states.

“What could it be the beginning of?”

 

“Whatever they want it to be.”

 

*

 

From: strawberry princess

so there’s a little beach thirty minutes away from here, wanna get some milkshakes and scream at the world?

 

From: tofu baby

alright you angst filled teen, I’ll get you in a few

 

 

They held hands as Dahyun drives to their destination, the sun sinking down behind the mountains. She occasionally glances at the younger girl, her other hand wrapped around her phone choosing songs as they go. Dahyun takes in this moment, her hand tightening around Chaeyoung’s feeling as if she would lose her at any given moment (she was scared, oh so scared for that).

 

“Why the beach?” She asks.

“Well it has been getting hotter lately, so why not?” Chaeyoung says, a small smile tugging at her lips.

 

 

 

Dahyun sits on the sand, watching as Chaeyoung had her feet in the water. A mischievous smile makes its way up to her lips as she slowly sneaks up on the younger girl, pushing her into the water.

 

“What was that for?!”

“Well, you did say you wanted to scream at the world,” Dahyun says nonchalantly, “Congratulations, you screamed at the world.”

 

Next thing she knew, she was laying in the water with Chaeyoung straddling her, water being splashed onto her from Chaeyoung and the waves coming up towards them. Their giggles and sound of splashing fill the air as they continued drenching each other.

 

Dahyun admires Chaeyoung for a short moment, her face being hugged warmly by the sun. A warm feeling spreads in her chest, her heart swelling. Was this it? Was this what it really felt like?

Their lips meet, the taste of sea water and her minty chapstick mixing. I love you is what she wanted to say (I love you so much). She instead splashed water onto the younger girl, “You thought you could distract the Kim Dahyun? Fooled once again Son Chaeyoung!”

 

 

They were wrapped up in towels, their now melted milkshakes in their hands. Chaeyoung rested her head on Dahyun’s shoulder, their eyes concentrated on the waves softly crashing onto the shore. She feels it again, but pushes it away. She felt the warmth rising up, her heart seeming to beat for the younger girl but she pushes as hard as she can.

 

“What do you think?” Chaeyoung asks.

 

“About what?”

“About the ocean.”

 

A faint smile reaches her lips, “Well, if they can make shuttles to go up to explore the unknown in space, I’m sure they can build something to explore the unknown things in the sea. There’s so much we don’t know yet and I’m curious of what they’ll be.”

 

She feels the younger girl press a kiss on her cheek.

 

“What was that for?” She asks, eyes meeting Chaeyoung’s.

“Just because I can…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter