Three

Unique

"Good job girls. You manage to handle the first fan meeting very well. No need to do any practices tonight. But, maknae. Can you stay in my office for awhile? I need to say something personal to you. " Manager Hong said. Gfriend's members sighed gratefully except for Umji. She was wondering if she did any mistakes during the fan meeting. Until she remembered that one rude fan that called her ugly. Omg, don't tell me that the fan she scolded is the daughter of a filthy rich guy from a high class company- ehhhh but my dad is quite wealthy so no problem!

"Umji. Hello. Are you with me? " Manager Hong waved his hand infront of Umji. Umji nodded quickly

"Sorry I got distracted. " Umji was nervous. Man, she hated this kind of situation.

"Umji, I've got many complains from other fans about you. They said you're a black hole in Gfriend.."

Umji cut her manager's saying. "So you're planning to get rid of me? That's so unfair!"

"No that is not what I meant. You're about to go under a knife. I have discussed with your father. He said double eyelid surgery and a nose job will do"

Umji blinked. Did Manager Hong just asked her to do plastic surgery? " But why?"

"You still don't get it. Buddies (gfriend's fandom name) hate how hideous your look is. You're nothing compared to Yerin, Yuju and SinB. And because your father is one of the main sponsors in your group, I couldn't just ditch you"

Tears started to form clearly in her eyes. Don't cry Umji. Don't cry. You're ing eighteen already. " and my dad said yes? He's totally fine with me doing surgery?' It was hard for Umji to speak and control her tears at the same time.

Manager Hong nodded. He pitied Umji but its the best option so far. 'It was Mr. Kim's idea'

{}

" PUPAAA. Why did you call so late? I'm about to sleep already" Mr Kim snorted on the phone.

" Dad, why did you ask me to undergo surgery? Am I not pretty in your eyes?" Calmly, Umji ask. Mr.Kim got goosebumped hearing how calm Umji is. He knew his daughter very well. For Umji to be this calm, that means she had shed million of tears first.

" Oh com'on pupa. Everyone knows your pretty. I'm just hoping you'd be prettier"  Lie.

"Why must I be prettier?" Umji striked again. Mr Kim took afew seconds to reply his daughter.

" To suceed! Making sure Gfriend continue to achieve awards and sucess" Mr Kim was quiet impressed with his own answer well until he heard Umji's sobbing. He panicked but he was too late.

" So you do agree that I'm a black hole. Bye dad. I'm hanging up"

{}

Umji tried to stop herself from crying. Yewon, you're strong. Don't let s bring you down. She walked slowly and without realising she already entered her room, the first thing she saw was Yerin laying on her bed. Yerin was suprised seeing her red face.

" Did you cry? Did Manager Hong made you cry??! " Yerin immidiately hugged Umji, tightly. Umji couldn't help but to burst into tears again. God, she's dehydrating again.

" why is our maknae crying ? T^T " SinB who came out of the blue patted Umji's back. Umji sobbed hard. She can't explain why she cried. It was embarassing! Crying because of her hideous look. Yerin and SinB would not understand cause they were born goddess. Plus, the fact that, out of all the beings in the world, her dad found her ugly killed her slowly.

" Its okay if you don't wanna tell us. Just cry, we're here for you" Yerin said while wiping off the tears on Umji's face.