15: A Fight Between Two Tails

Living as a Vampire III

HYOJEON

   We charge forward as our tails parried each other, her tail was strong as the eight tails of mine. I avoid her stinging attack not to be paralyzed by her tail.

 

  "Take this!" She raised her fist and tried to punch my face, before she could do that. I punched her abdomen where I can see her weak point, she groaned in pain and got her chance strangle me, I caught her neck as well. I slip her arm gripping my neck with my other arm and jumped in a distance.

 

  Now, I was catching my breath and wiped a little blood on my lips. I'm not so good at fighting, I only depended myself with my tails. And I can feel, I'm a bit stronger now. I looked at myself, nothing changed but my hair, eyes, canines and my nails. So far, my five senses improved.

 

  A long tail stretched on my direction through the thick smoke, I dodged it quickly before it stabbed me. I caught a sight of her and charge forward, she wagged her tail and hit me with an impact, "Wall!" Miho yelled and I quickly got my chance and charge myself back to her by stepping my feet on the wall and pushed back.

 

  I used one tail to smack her face then the other parried on her tail, I put all my might to push her against the wall. But she resist herself to push her against the wall, "Listen carefully, Hyojeon, you are create to be with us. But your father ruined it." She said. I tightened my grip from her both shoulders, "No, I'm not created to become ruthless and ambitious." I respond then moved forward, "I'm created to become a normal person!" That's when I flopped her down and smashed her by my tails at once.

 

  "Incoming!" Miho warned me as I see her tail above attack me, I dodge it again and caught it with my both hands. Then I swing her tail and hit her against one of the pillars. She quickly charged forward and throw me some punches, none of them I dodged, it came quickly so I groaned it pain.

 

  As I got my chance, I put my claws up and scratched his arms then her face. "You !" She smacked her hand on my face then caught my neck, "Sure you don't feel comfortable with this." She smirked. I intentionally slipped her arm gripping on my neck and bite her wrist, she groaned and pushed me away.

 

  "What the hell?" She muttered and looked on her bitten wrist.

 

  I laughed and my lips with a blood on it, "It tastes like a frozen kimchi." I said. "That was going to happen when you strangle a lap dog like me." I threaten.

 

  "You're a dead meat!" She ran to me with a fist, at the same time, I did the same as well. Our fists bumped each other, I grabbed her arm and throw her, she sprawled on the floor finally.

 

  I wasn't satisfied and kicked her stomach like a football then hit on the stage. The stage was ruined after she hit on it, I walked forward to where she was now, but she wasn't there. Then something hit on my head and it leads me to the floor, my back ached as I slumped against the marbled floor, Minjae lunge at me and quickly took out her knife.

 

  She moved the knife but I quickly hold it, trying not to stab me with it. Minjae pushed even more as I resist it.

 

  "Now or never, Hyojeon. You have to choose: Join us or you'll be killed by me."

 

  "Your choices are nonsense!" I yelled then she pushed the knife even more, "It wouldn't be very hard if you choose to join us." She smirked. "No!" Then the knife scarred my left cheek, "Then you have no choice!" She raised her scorpion tail and the tip pointed on my head.

 

  I can't showed my tails because I was pinned harder on the floor, "I'm not going to die." My pupils became slit shape and scratched her both wrist to loosened the grip on her knife. I pushed her away from me by using my feet, I finally got on my feet and showed my tails again.

 

  I leaped high and charge a kick with an impact then it creates a big crater in the ground and grumble, another attack coming from her tails was behind me, I quickly dodge it and smack a tail on her body. I sped myself up and punch her then side kicked her.

 

  To be honest, I never felt intense and heart throbbing feeling like this. Maybe I'm tired of being abused by other people, I'm tired of being a slave of other people. Now, I'm fighting back for my own will.

 

  She was going to kick my head but I halted it by my own hand, I smirked and pulled her foot and throw her to the next platform, as she was going to hit on the other wall I followed her and kicked her which adds the impact and pain. "Ha! Jackpot!" Miho cheered with fist raised in the air.

 

  "You think she's dead?" Miho asked, I sniffed in the air and answered, "She's not." Then I looked to an 8-year-old Miho, "That impact would just break some of her bones but not some important organs."

 

  Before I step forward, she hold my hand and looked to me with a worried look, "Hyojeon, I know what you are going to do but this is a bad idea." Miho said. "Who said that I'll do something bad to her? I was going to talk to her." I grinned.

 

  I can feel Minjae's body weakened after I gave that impact, she was lying there and half-unconscious. I hid my tails and walked closer to her, "Remember the time you brought me at the chamber and beat me up with the two men?" I said, "You said to them, 'Show her no mercy'." I imitate her voice then grin.

 

  She can't stand anymore because of broken bones on her both legs and ribs, "Y-You... ugh." She manage to stand but failed. "They show me no mercy."

 

  Then I grabbed her arm and twisted it, she screamed in pain and begging to stop. "Stop! Stop! Argh!" She screamed more as I twisted her arm again, "I was begging you or them to stop beating me like an egg while I was inside the chamber. But you watch and let those bastards show no mercy on me."

 

  "Hyojeon, stop!" Miho pleaded as well.

 

  "S-Stop!" She begged.

 

  "Now I will show you no mercy." I moved on the tail and slowly ripping it, "No! Not my tail!" She screamed.

 

  Suddenly, a pair of cold hands removed mine from ripping off the tail and pushed me away from Minjae. "I said stop, Kim Hyojeon!" My eyes went back to its normal color as I saw who stopped me from doing bad.

 

  "J-Jessica eonnie..."

 

  She shot a glare to me, "This is not you, Hyojeon." She said and pointed on Minjae. I shook my head, "You don't understand, eonnie. She beaten me up if you don't know." But she dissagreed, "It doesn't matter, it's finished and you still want to kill her. Like overcooking a fried fish."

 

  Seohyun eonnie went closer to Minjae and checked her pulse, "She's tired and unconscious." Then stood up, "We need to leave."

 

  "Hyojeon!" Hyoyeon eonnie hugged me, "Eonnie..." I respond. "I'm sorry." I muttered under her arms.

 

  As we got out of the building, I was draped a cloth to cover my tattered dress. My wounds that I got earlier were barely healing, my legs were weakening after I got into a massive fight with Minjae and my energy was already low. Before I could lose my consciousness, my eonnies looked happy and told each other what happened back there. I smiled before I out.

 


 

  "Look, she's starting to wake up."

 

  I groaned and opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Hyoyeon eonnie and Yuri eonnie. They smiled and greeted me, "Hyojeon." Yuri eonnie called my name, "Did I have a bad dream?" I asked and touch my head. "Nope, but you changed." Hyoyeon eonnie answered.

 

  "Oh, how long was I been here?" I asked them since they are the only ones inside, "Since yesterday, you've been wounded a lot but thankfully you can regenerate yourself. But not as fast regeneration than we were." Yuri eonnie answered. I just nodded and looked to Hyoyeon eonnie, she looked to me in a worried way. "I'm sorry, Hyojeon that we didn't know what you are." Eonnie apologized.

 

  I blinked for a moment then questioned, "It's fine." Then I looked down. "I just want to apologize either, for not saying these kind of things that I'm struggling with." I apologized as well.

 

  Yuri eonnie went closer to me and patted my head, "Nah, I already know about that." She smiled. I gasped, "You know?!" I exclaimed. Yuri eonnie laughed, "Of course, I know! I can read minds and thoughts of everyone, especially you." She explained. "I know you were the one who ate the frozen meat in the fridge. I noticed that you didn't ate your favorite veggie salad these days. And you--"

 

  "Okay, you've said enough." I interrupted her then we laugh.

 

  "You better change your hair color, I still like the brown hair." Hyoyeon eonnie said with a smile, "Nah, I really have to color my hair blonde." I refused. "I should train you now, Hyojeon. I think it's better if you would be prepared." She added.

 

  "Thanks, eonnie, but I know how to defend myself." I said, she holds my hand and caressed it. "You sure?" She assured, I nodded, "Yeah, you watched me fighting with Minjae." 

 

  She eventually looked disgusted, "Egh! You almost tear her apart if Jessica didn't stopped you." She said.

 


 

 

HYOYEON

  A while ago...

 

  While I was caressing my little sister's new blonde hair, Yuri came in with a smile. "Hi, Hyoyeon." She greeted. "Hey, Yuri." I greeted as well then craned my neck back to the sleeping Hyojeon, "What's the doctor stated to you about her condition?" She asked.

 

  I stop what I'm doing and sighed, "The doctor said she won't be able to change back the normal lifestyle she had, even her appearance. Her hair and canines can explain." I said. "So she don't need to be a nerd anymore." Yuri said, "She don't need an eyeglass anymore too, her sight maybe changed as well."

 

  "Yeah." I agreed.

 

  Then I took out something on my handbag and showed it to her, "I was going to give this to her the day before she was kidnapped, but I had some urgent schedule and forgot to give it to her." It's a new eyeglasses that I bought in the mall. Yuri sat beside me, "I always denied myself that every people changed." She uttered and she looked to me, "But don't worry, Hyojeon will always be the same little sister."

 

  "The fight of Minjae and Hyojeon scared me, Yuri." I said, "We can see Hyojeon's eyes were changed the time they fought, all I can see was her hunger and revenge." Then I lowered my back, "But... I never see that to myself." I added then looked to her, "I don't know what will happen when Hyojeon bursted out again."

 

  "Yah..." Yuri patted my back. "Don't think about that."

 

  "Look, Hyoyeon. Our body doubles weren't as normal as we are. That's why Summer was a half-witch and Hyo has an abnormal growth that will cause to be the same height as you. I think she has some things that we didn't know until now, you should lessen her negativity, Hyoyeon." Yuri adviced me. "It's not only about Hyojeon's identity, but she has something she didn't tell us until now."

 

  "Blue Hawk's members were our body doubles: Sooyoung's Summer, Yoona's Vivian, Catharine's Seohyun, mine's Yul, Jessica's Sooyeon and Taeyeon's... well, Taeyeon. Sunny's body double wasn't discover yet." Then she crossed her legs, "One thing that I don't want to happen was Hyojeon and Stephanie will join the league as well."

 

  "I never noticed that." I commented, "I was the only one notice it." She said.

 

  "Stephanie was one of the devoted to our family but not more likely trusted. Though she's a badass jerk, she swore to herself that she will never break the bond." I told Yuri my insight about Stephanie.

 

  "As for Hyojeon, she's a bit curious of herself. Now that we all know what she really is, it would be very difficult to convince her about what was her race." Yuri told me her insight about Hyojeon. "Maybe she came from the race of Werewolves." I guessed, "Nah, if she is, she couldn't have eight tails. Maybe she came from a Fox clan." She guessed.

 

  I rubbed my chin, "Maybe... just maybe. But she's a hybrid."

 


 

 

  3 days later...

 

  Everything in her habits changed, she was now a meat lover, all she could do all day was to play with a ball (like all dogs do), sniffing habits and biting her thumb. Maybe she has been like that since she was captured. Everytime I told her I was worried about her, she always answers not to be worried.

 

  "Why are we here anyway?" I asked her while we enter the laboratory, no one's around, just the two of us. "I forgot to show you something, eonnie." She said and find something on her cabinet, "What do you want to show me?"

 

  "This." She took out a 12 inch silver dagger with a purple stone in the middle, "I attached the elemental stones to every weapons of you. I'm tired seeing your weapons get scrapes and rusts, so..." She handed me the dagger, "... I'm sure it won't get any scrape and rust on it because I added some chemicals that didn't do scrape." She explained.

 

  I smiled and hugged her, she sniffed again, "I really hate smelling rotten meat." She muttered. I giggled, "I forgot that you are a dog now." I muttered. She laughed and hugged back, "I love you, eonnie."

 

  "Hey, uhh..." I slowly pulled myself from her and looked to her, "I had a day off today, so... if you would like to have some bonding again..."

 

  "Are you serious? Of course, I'd love to!"

 

  "You've never been so happier since." I commented, "Because I'm a dog, you say." She respond. "No, you are Kim Hyojeon." I take that back, she giggled then I ruffled her blonde hair.

 

  No matter what she turned into, as long as she was still the same Hyojeon that everybody knew, I will still accept her because I love her. No one can change that.

 

 

---

MERRY MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE! Here's the update! I really can't imagine really the fight between Hyo and Min so I uploaded a gif of Kaneki and Yamori fighting (Tokyo Ghoul). So you wait for the next chapter!

Stay tuned!