Preparing To Leave

10 Things I Hate About You (Alternate Ending)

"Sunshine, wake up." A pair of hands gently shook you awake as the rays of sunlight hit your eyelids, causing you to wake up from your slumber. 

"Mm, what is it?" You swatted away the pair of hands.

"You fell asleep on one of your suitcases and you looked really uncomfortable." That statement made your eyes open wide as you realised you did fall asleep on top of your pile of clothes which you were supposed to finish packing the night before. You straightened up but hissed in pain when you unknowingly cracked your neck. *Oh, God. This is really a pain in the neck.* You then looked up at Sehun who looked as chipper as always. "How come you're up so early?" 

Sehun chuckled, "From what I remember, the last time I checked my watch it's already noon and you were supposed to finish packing last night." 

You sighed and went to folding your clothes right away, "I know, I know. I guess I was just too tired." 

Sehun's hands pried yours away from the clothes. He scooped you into his arms and plopped you onto your soft mattress. That was when you realised that you were not in your dorm room anymore. No, you had moved out days ago. You were back in the comfort of your own house, sharing the last few hours at Seoul with your family. To be precise, the two of you were leaving the next morning. 

Sehun grinned as he pecked you on the lips, his body hovering above yours, "Good morning, Sunshine." 

Without saying a word, you molded your lips with his once again. The kiss delivered so much passion that it never once failed to make shivers run down your spine. Every kiss with Sehun was amazing but it was the passionate ones that drove you absolutely insane. You loved Sehun. A lot. 

Lucky for Sehun, he had been accepted in one of the neighbourhood colleges that was only a fifteen minute drive from Harvard. You were elated beyond compare when Sehun shared the news with you. Now, you could explore a new country and have the love of your life right beside you. You were glad that he was your first everything, your past, your present and your future. You wouldn't change it for the world. 

Sehun gripped onto your hipbones to stop the two of you from going any further. "No naughty business in the morning, love. You've got work to do." 

You whined and struggled under his grasp, "Can't I continue it in the afternoon? You've got work to do too, don't you?" 

Sehun pecked your nose and winked, "Unlike you, I finished packing last night so nice try." 

You harrumphed and crossed your arms, trying to show that you were upset but Sehun but he wouldn't care anyways. He dipped his head down and pecked your lips before straightening up. He gave a wink, making your insides melt. You sighed, "Can you help me, though? I've got a lot of stuff to pack." 

Sehun nodded, "Let's get to work, then!" 


"Are you sure you're going to be okay, my dear?" Your mother held your face to check if there are no signs of sickness anywhere. You were at the airport's entrance where your parents were going to see you and Sehun off. Sure, you felt extremely gutted having to leave them but at the same time, you couldn't wait to leave Seoul. 

You chuckled and grabbed her hands, "I'm going to be okay, mother. I can take care of myself. Besides, I have Sehun, remember?" 

Your mother nodded and sniffled. She then went over to Sehun and gave him a tight hug, "Take care of my daughter, okay? I'm leaving her safety in your hands." 

Sehun patted her back when she pulled away, "Don't worry, omonim. I won't even let her feet touch the ground." 

You clicked your tongue against the roof of your mouth, "Nonsense."

"Attention. Calling passengers of American Airways, Flight 107 to Logan International Airport, Boston. Please prepare for boarding."  

With that, you looked back at your parents and gave them one last hug. You knew that they would visit you one day but you couldn't help it. You loved them too much. Despite not being close to them in the early stages of your teenage years, you were just glad that they would be here with you. 

You pulled away, "Well, I'm off now. I'll see you two soon, okay?" 

Your mother kissed your cheek and backed away, your father hugging her with one arm. You sent them a flying kiss before turning your back to them. 

You felt a hand take yours, making you look up. Sehun interlaced his fingers with yours and gave you a warm smile, "Ready?" 

You nodded and smiled when Sehun smooched your cheek. You couldn't possibly be happier because in that moment, everything was perfect and you were so sure that nothing would ruin it. You had Sehun by your side and that was enough to make you feel like the most luckiest girl in the world. You were ready. Ready to start a new life.