Forgetting the Truth

Miracle For You

It had been a week since Yesung was in the hospital recovering from the car accident. However much to the doctor’s and nurses’ delight, he had been recovering faster than normal. Only a week in the hospital and Yesung could be released in a few days. And always there cheering him on to get better was his newfound lover Kyuhyun. He spent most of his time in Yesung’s little room talking to him, telling him updates on his turtles and just cuddling together like any normal couple would. It was the one thing that would bring Yesung joy during his time at the hospital.

As the 3 day countdown began till Yesung could be released from the hospital, a certain someone came to see Yesung. Flying through the window, Leeteuk appeared. A look of concern and pain was clear.

“Oh, Leeteuk, what brings you here?” Yesung asked, tilting his head in curiosity, his lunch laid limply in his lap.

“I-I… have to tell you something…” Leeteuk’s head drooped down. Just as he was about to continue, Leeteuk’s stomach started to growl and soon his eyes had targeted Yesung’s food.

“Eh? You want some of my kimichi?” Instantly, Leeteuk reverted back to his childish self as he happily grabbed the plate and began to gobble it down.

“Wow… I didn’t know angels needed food.”

“Oh no, we don’t need it… but it’s a rare treat for us angels and I happen to find it extremely tasty.” Yesung just smiled as he watched Leeteuk eat.

“I’m glad that you like it then,” Yesung said. Finishing his food, Leeteuk then resumed back to what he was originally saying.

“Um…  Tell me Yesung, do you know why you’re recovering so quickly?” Yesung quickly shook his head. Now that I think about it, the doctors did say that I’m healing faster than most people…

“That’s because you weren’t meant to die. That car wasn’t intended for you.”

Shock and dismay hit Yesung like a ton of bricks. “No…”

All Leeteuk could do was slowly nod. “That car was meant for Kyuhyun, and you know it.”

Yesung was left speechless as he couldn’t respond back to Leeteuk.

“You’ve challenged destiny Yesung, and I’m happy that you did. But… I don’t know how long you can defy his fate.”

Yesung tried to hold back tears, as he knew that he could no longer ignore this.“W-w-what do you mean?”

Warily, Leeteuk finally revealed his wings to Yesung again. Fear plagued his eyes. He didn’t know why… but he didn’t want to hurt Yesung. The feeling Leeteuk felt when he saw Kyuhyun and Yesung together came back again. Looking up and staring at the wings, Yesung gasped.  They were almost black. Tears fled his eyes as he came to realize how little time there was left.

“K-kyuhyun… no… black…” Yesung was almost completely incoherent as Leeteuk flinched at the sight of his tears.

“Y-yesung…” Just as Leeteuk was about to fly away, Yesung grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. Leeteuk had never been touched, let alone hugged, by a human before Yesung came and it was strange. Normally, people would go through him like he didn’t exist. But Yesung acknowledge his existence and to Leeteuk, he was special.

“Please… I just need someone now…” Leeteuk could only nod as they stayed there once more, the forgotten pain and the truth came flooding back to Yesung.

<> 

A few hours later Kyuhyun came rushing in to the hospital, a little box in hand. Racing towards Yesung’s room, he could see his love drained from emotion as he was as pale as the white room itself. Immediately Kyuhyun went into panic mode and soon he secretly slipped the box into his pocket.

“Yesungie… are you alright?” As he tried to touch Yesung, he immediately grabbed Kyuhyun and pulled him close.

At first shocked, Kyuhyun then settled down as Yesung began to cry. “Please… never leave me, okay? Promise that you will never go away and leave me alone!”

Kyuhyun smiled as he gently wiped the tears off Yesung eyes and pecked him on the lip. “I told you before. I will never leave you… that I promise you.” Yesung could only chuckle before he returned the favor and lightly kissed Kyuhyun back. Soon Kyuhyun pulled him out of his bed.

“You know what? I think you’ve been in this room too long… let’s go outside!”

“Kyuhyun… But the doctors might get mad. And besides I have an IV stuck to me, remember?”

Kyuhyun just scoffed it off. “Right… Well, we can bring the IV along.”

Still in his hospital gown, Yesung was soon dragged down the hallway and out the doors by Kyuhyun, his IV stand in tow. Nurses were a little shocked, but knew that he would be in good hands.

Strolling down the streets, Kyuhyun clutched Yesung’s hand tight as they went to the nearby open market. It was filled with many trinket shops and many other places to see as a lot of people were scurrying by. However, Yesung hid behind Kyuhyun as he kept on blushing.

“Kyu… this is embarrassing, I’m still in my hospital outfit…” Yesung exclaimed as he hid his head, snuggling it in Kyuhyun’s back. Kyuhyun snickered as he pulled him out from behind him.

“Don’t worry Yesungie, when you’re with me… I’ll protect you.” Kyuhyun then placed Yesung’s head softly onto his chest as they continued to walk hand in hand. Listening in, Yesung could feel the beat of Kyuhyun’s heart, it was gentle and steady. Yesung then sighed. I wonder… how long will I be able to listen to this?

 Looking around at all of the shops and stores, they both come across a little boutique filled with all kinds of accessories.

“Look at this one Kyu! It’s so pretty.” Lifting up a white velvet box, it revealed a pair of rings. They were black and seemed ordinary, but it was enlaced with symbols as well as Korean characters, and in the middle laid a sapphire.

“Young man, you have an amazing eye,” the lady at the stand said as she smiled at the two.

“Those two rings are very special. You see when you put them together, they form a sentence which basically says ‘Together forever… our eternal love.’” Yesung looked up eagerly at Kyuhyun, who immediately gave in and bought the rings.

The lady at the stall thanked them for their purchase and waved as they began to walk away. “I wish you two the best.” 

Yesung turned and polite bowed and smiled back. After their run around the market they arrived at the nearby park. Lazily roaming around, soon the two put on the rings that they had just bought on their left fingers. Lifting them up to the sky, both of them admired the beauty.

“This is a first date gift,” Kyuhyun said as he brought his arm around Yesung. And for just a moment, Yesung once again forgot all about what is to come and just focused on the time they had now. He grinned brightly as they soon kissed as the sun was setting behind the trees and the glistening pond.

<> 

Arriving at the hospital, Kyuhyun saw to it that Yesung was safely back in his room.  With Yesung back in bed, Kyuhyun gave him a good night peck on the cheek and softly whispered to him, “I hope today cheered you up Yesungie, because I hate it when you’re upset.”

Yesung nodded in response. “I’m fine Kyu, but thank you for spending the afternoon with me.” They hugged one last time and Kyuhyun soon left the room. Staring lovingly at his ring, Yesung lifted up towards the moonlight. However, Leeteuk’s warning returned. He knew he didn’t have much time with Kyuhyun and at this point, Yesung didn’t know what to do. Silently he cried himself to sleep, clutching the ring tightly in his palm. We’ve always been together… you promised that we be like this forever, always together. Can we always be together Kyuhyun? Can we?

Once again Leeteuk looked afar as he peered through the window to find once again, a distraught Yesung. The same emotion deep inside had come out again and was nagging at Leeteuk’s soul.

“I’m so useless… I can’t save Kyuhyun, nor can I save Yesung. Argh… if only I could do something.” Leeteuk's head snapped up with a determined look on his face. There’s only one thing I can think of… but, it will take time, the time that Kyuhyun doesn’t have. He thought as he glared back at his wings. I have to try though! Soon Leeteuk flew not back to Yesung’s house, but up towards the skies, where other angels waited to be given person after person to help guide in the afterlife. But Leeteuk dared to do what no angel would ever do… fight for a human being’s life at all costs.