05 Blinded

Bittersweet Capture

“…This week is seriously going to be the death of me,” Lu Han grumbled, without any energy as he leaned back on the sofa, facing Daehyun and Sehun.

Sehun laughed as he took the seat beside his hyung, hanging his arm around his shoulder, “Oh come on. I don’t think it’s that bad.”

Lu Han raised his eyebrow, “Not that bad? You can’t be serious! She’s impossible to drive away! I mean, I’ve done everything I can think of to make her hate us and go, but she just has to stay here so stubbornly!”

Daehyun just chuckled, “But that’s what makes her so interesting to keep around. I mean, she didn’t give up on you even when I gave her the option to choose me. I would have treat her nicer than you.”

“Not to mention, did you see how hard-working she was?” Sehun noted, “Her cleaning was exceptional! Everything was practically shining when she was done with them.”

Lu Han just continued to speak unhappily, “Yeah. She was so hard-working that she made her way into my room without any permission.”

The negative understatement in Lu Han’s words was so obvious that it just continued to make his friends laugh. It was the first in a long while that they have seen their hyung become so stressed over a girl, and they found it to be somewhat of a good thing.

It meant that Miyoung had character.

It meant that Miyoung may just be different from the other brides their father had sent for them.

It meant that Miyoung would force Lu Han to change for the better.

It meant that Miyoung could be the key to opening Lu Han's heart.

“I think I may grow to like her,” Daehyun began to say, with Sehun nodding along.

However, the moment those words were spoken, Lu Han immediately blurted, “Yah! Wake up, okay? She’s deceiving you! Can’t you see it?”

Daehyun and Sehun exchanged glances, slightly shrugging as Lu Han frowned. The two didn't exactly agree with their friend for the first time in a long while.

She didn't seem as bad as Lu Han was making her out to be. He was just that blinded.

Miyoung, who had been standing outside of the room, just sighed, “Can they be any louder?”

She had heard every single word uttered between the boys. Though she knew Lu Han was still very against her presence, she found herself slowly smiling.

She was still human, and she was glad that she was getting the approval from the two friends, Daehyun and Sehun.