Midnight Assault

DECISION 3

 

Stirring a cup of coffee on the table, Siwon glanced at Jay who was lying on the coach in his house. He was compressing the bump on his forehead with ice compress bag. A smile was seen on Siwon’s lips whenever he remembered how funny his brother’s look with that bump.

“Ugh… That man ruined my face. Just look… when I meet him again, I will make him pay for this.” Jay said as he could not forget about what happened.

“Just let it go… Didn’t you ever say that be an avenger is not good?” Siwon said from behind, bringing a cup of coffee in a tray before placed it on the table next to Jay.

Jay looked at his younger brother who was standing next to him. He then glanced at the coffee beside him to see there was only one cup. “That coffee is just for me?”

Siwon nodded.

“How about you?” Removing the ice compress bag from his forehead, Jay sat up and took the cup.

Shaking his head, Siwon answered, “No… I have another thing to do. I can’t just stay at home to babysit you or drink a coffee with you.” He then grabbed his jacket on the chair and wore it.

“Babysit? Did you think I am a baby?”

Siwon shrugged before he said, “Who knows?”

“You!” Putting his cup on the table again, Jay raised his voice a little bit as he gave Siwon his death glare.

Knowing that he had Jay’s attention now, Siwon chuckled. His older brother was not in the good mood right now. Then, he had an idea to tease his older brother. So, he continued saying, “Besides that, I would not let anyone beat me like a loser, baby boy…”

Hearing it, Jay looked at Siwon. “Mwo?”

“Loser, Baby boy.” Siwon repeated. He stuck his tongue out before ran away. He knew he had been awaken the sleeping bear.

“How dare you say it to me?! Yaa!!” Jay was pissed off by the words. He grabbed the pillow nearby and threw it in Siwon direction. It would definitely hit Siwon’s head, if Siwon didn’t run fast and closed the door before Jay could hit him.

“Geez… When will he stop making me mad? He is so annoying.” Jay stared at his pillow that just hit the closed door before it finally dropped onto the floor. He then blew a long breath from his mouth in order to reduce his pique.                                                                                                                                                                 

“Wait…” Jay said when he remembered something. He then took one of the gift boxes on the floor which had a blue ribbon around it.  “Seohyun said that it’s for Siwon. But, he is going now… I’ll just give this later. Ah… I don’t want to be their cupid. Why don’t they just get together?”

Jay lied back on the couch again. His phone was ringing loudly. He grabbed it from the table and answered the phone call.

“Yoboseyo?” Jay said.

“Senior Kim... It’s me, Changmin. Why didn’t you come in the office?”

“Hi, Changmin… I took a day off. Today is still part of my assignment days. So, I am free for today. Why?”

“Oh… Never mind. I just want to hang out with you. It has been a long time we didn’t go together. I was busy with my mission and you’re busy with your mission.”

“Why do you ask me to go? Are you out of girlfriend stocks to date with you?”

“Senior Kim, don’t say it!”

Jay chuckled to hear it. “Okay… okay. I’m just not feeling good today. I don’t want to go anywhere, Changmin. I’m sorry.” Jay said as he touched his bump on the forehead.

“Oh… Okay.” Changmin said in disappointment. “Wish you get better soon. See you tomorrow, Senior Kim!”

“Yeah...” Jay ended his call and placed his phone on the table again. He stared at the ceiling for a moment before turned to see the rain outside the house. He was thinking of something that made him afraid. He closed his eyes for few seconds, remembering the dreams that he could not forget. Slowly, he opened his eyes again.

“That nightmare… Why did it always haunt my sleeps? Was it a bad sign?” Jay asked to himself as he stared blankly at the rain.

♣♣♣

The clock showed that it was 8.24 PM when Siwon was walking down the hall of NII headquarter to find his captain. He had something to report after he finished his mission. Looking around, he was confused. He was told that his captain was here, but, he could not see him anywhere. He then sighed. Suddenly, someone tapped his shoulder from behind. Siwon turned around to see who it was.

“Captain Go? I’m looking for you.” Siwon said.

“Why is it?” His captain asked.

“I’ve completed my mission.” Siwon said with the smile on his lips. The proud feeling could be seen on him.

“That’s good. How about Jay? Did he finish his mission too?” Captain asked as he continued walking.

“Yes. He has finished too.” Siwon walked beside his captain, following where he went to.

“I heard that you and Jay switched missions.” Captain stopped in front of the elevator and pushed the up button, waiting for the elevator to come.

“Yes… I’m sorry. I-I just don’t like to a girl…” Siwon stammered when he was answering.

“Is she the girl that you like?”

“N-No. Escorting is a boring mission for me. That’s why I chose Jay’s mission to send the briefcase. Really…”

Captain looked at Siwon face. “It’s alright. You don’t need to be so shy like that. I can see that you have a feeling for her. If you crush to the girl and you feel nervous, it’s a normal thing. Jay had told me everything.”

“What? Jay?!” Siwon looked surprised to know it. ‘Really… Jay could not keep a secret. Moreover, he had exaggerated about that thing. It’s not totally true.’ Siwon said inwardly.

The elevator door finally slid open. Siwon and Captain Go entered the elevator.

“Does Jay go to the office now?” Captain Go asked.

“No. He is taking a rest at home.”

“Why?”

“He got hit in the head. It’s just an accident. Don’t worry.”

“Alright…” His captain nodded. “I often think about NII future lately… about our agents future. Will it be a great NII or will it be ended by the time. As a captain here, I am proud to have many young and talented agents who have so much spirit. When I look at you all, I feel like I am so old now.”

Siwon didn’t say anything. He just kept listening to his captain.

“Forty nine years old. It’s not a young age. I had been here and there, watching many kinds of scene. The good and evil… Successes and failures… The death and life… But, there will be only one winner in the end. Do you know the answer?”

“The good and the truth… Though, all of it must be paid with the death sometimes.” Siwon said as he stared at the ground.

His captain smiled when he heard Siwon’s answer. “You have a good answer. No matter what happen, we have to believe that we’ll achieve our dream to fight the crime. We need to collect the spirit that will encourage you to fight. Siwon… For what purpose are you fighting? Your friends or the world?”

“I don’t know. I just fight when I feel it’s necessary.”

“Based on your statement, you have the same thought with Jay.”

Siwon looked at his captain in concern, listening to him.

“Jay always has his own answer whenever I ask him about it. He will fight based on the condition, he will fight for his friends when they need and deserve it, and for the world when it comes to the peace of everyone… But, when I gave him two difficult options like A or B, he would make another option that sounded impossible to do…”

“Did you mean C answer?” Siwon asked.

Captain nodded. “Yes. It’s him. He created that C option. Though, it’s so hard for me to believe. But, he could make it true and be accepted in the end. It’s what I like from him… I learned something new from him at the first time I met him. We don’t have to be the strongest to be the winner. I admit that you’re stronger than Jay physically. But, Jay has the different strength that no one can see it. It’s his spirit and the courage in his heart. Sometimes you need to learn from him.”

Looking down to the ground, Siwon was still thinking about what his captain was talking about. He had a thought that Jay was better than him. Unconsciously, Siwon clenched his fists, feeling the dislike. “What do you mean? Jay’s C answer, what is it like? Do you just want to say that I was nothing compared to Jay?” He was eager to find out.

His captain looked surprised when Siwon asked that kind of question. “No. I didn’t mean to compare you two. What makes you think like that? Don’t get me wrong…” He said.

The sound of the bell was heard as the elevators door slid open. Captain walked out the elevator with Siwon beside him. His captain then looked at Siwon and tapped Siwon’s shoulder in friendly way. “Listen carefully… You will know what I mean someday if you keep your good relationship with Jay. As the siblings and agents, you have to keep and have each other. Don’t ever let the hatred, jealousy or anything bad makes you two fight each other. It’s my only advice as your captain. The NII future is in our young generation… It is in your hands…”  He said before walked away, leaving Siwon behind.

“Captain…” Siwon was still thinking and standing in his place, staring at his captain’s back. He didn’t know why his captain said those words to him. He acted like he was going to go somewhere far away and would not see him again. Siwon then shook his head. “No… Maybe he is right…” Siwon said before walked to his office and prepare to go home.

♣♣♣

It was 01.02 AM when Tiffany looked at her watch. “I can’t wait to light the fireworks.” She said as she looked away from his watch to see the night town from above the sky. She was sitting in the helicopter along with Kangta beside her.

“We are getting closer to Hyeonjeo Prison. We better prepare everything now. Does yunho know what he must do?” Kangta asked.

“Yes. I’ve told him about what to do.” She said as she inserted the things in her black bag. She also dressed up in black from top to toe.

Kangta looked at the town down there. “We have arrived in our destination. You better prepare.” He told Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at her watch. “Alright… I’ll finish it in fifteen minutes.” She said as she wore her backpack. After wearing mask on the face, Tiffany jumped from the helicopter and spread her black parachute to fly in the night air. She then landed in the rooftop of the prison and took off her parachute. She quickly ran to enter the building, smuggling through the empty attic.

‘I’ve wasted seven minutes. I’ve to hurry up.’ She thought after looked at her watched. She scanned the area from the vent, watching if the guard was down there. When she felt it's safe to go down, she placed a time bomb in the attic before jumped down to the floor. She then ran again to another place. But, a guard got in her way. She threw a marble to the guard and it quickly exploded into dark smoke, blinding the guard. She used her chance to run again, placing all her bombs in all places she went through.

She glanced at her watch. "Two minutes left." She said as she punched the guard who tried to stop her. Other guards started to notice her coming as they ran toward her. Tiffany took out some marbles and threw it to all the guards. After that the smoke filled the entire room.

"One minute left."

Tiffany ran toward the window and climbed up to the rooftop after placed the last bomb on the wall where Yunho was imprisoned.

After she reached the rooftop, she ignited the bomb. A few seconds later, the sound of explosions could be heard everywhere.

"Party is started!" She said cheerfully before climbed on the ladder that had been connected to the helicopter.

Hearing a loud sound, Yunho was startled by the big explosion in his cell. A big hole was seen on the wall because of it. The smirk was curved on his lips as he headed to leave the cell through that hole. All the guards were busy with the explosions. So, they wouldn't notice that some of their prisoners used their chance to escape.

Kangta helped Yunho to get in the helicopter and rolled the ladder before they went away, leaving the destroyed prison to fly in the sky.

"That's great. You overcame the guards in less than fifteen minutes and burned the prison alone." Yunho said to Tiffany.

"That's an easy thing. I'm a ninja... It's my duty to move fast."

"Welcome back, Yunho..." Kangta greeted.

"Yeah... I've been bored to stay there without something to do. Thanks for your help. Finally, I can breathe freely."

"No problem... We still have one little surprise tonight. Let's do the next plan." Kangta looked down at the NII Headquarter area.

"I hope it's for NII. I've been waiting for so long to this moment." Yunho guessed, the evil smirk was shown on his face.

"Bingo! Let's just start the game..." Tiffany dropped something like an iron tennis ball onto the building. Then, when the ball hit the rooftop of the building, three seconds later...

BOOM...!!!

The big explosion occurred. It destroyed the NII building as the fire burned its parts into pieces, enlightening the dark midnight with that horrible sight.

 

 


Soundtrack : Aqua Timez - Midnight Orchestra