Shopping

My Badminton Love Story

It's been a week since I've had another training session. I sighed.

 

"Yunhee! Let's go to the mall." Mother was shaking my shoulders vigorously. "Please, please, please." She begged me.

 

"Oh, alright." I finally gave in, like how I do to all my mother's pleas.

 

---

 

We were walking on the 3rd floor of the mall when mother spotted an eye-catching shop.

 

BADMINTON HUB

 

We went in and from left to right, top to bottom, the whole store was literally filled with badminton stuff - shoes, grips, gut strings, rackets, clothes, everything. Mother looked at the rackets.

 

"I wonder which one would be the best." She said, walking to me, holding a few rackets.

 

"I don't know but, mother, isn't he a trainer or a player, too?" I said, pointing to a man talking to the shop's stringer.

 

"Well, let's talk to him." She said, handing me the rackets, which I took, then waking over to the man.

 

"Excuse me." She tapped his shoulder. "What's your name?"

 

"Chansung, Hwang Chansung. Mrs. Park, right?" He said, smiling.

 

"Ne. Can I ask you a question?" Mother asked. I just listened intently.

 

"Sure." Chansung said.

 

"What's an advisable brand or rackets? Cheap but good quality?" She asked.

 

Chansung thought for awhile.

 

"I think Protech and Sotx are good but sticking to big names can also help, like Yonex, Dunlop. There's a new popular brand now, too. Li-ning." He said after deep thought. "But is it for you?"

 

"No, it's for my daughter." Mother said, pointing to me. I looked at mother.

 

"Well, since she's a beginner, something light would me good. The metallic series of Protech are good, light and bit longer. Great for beginners." He smiled. "They come in good colors, too. Pink, blue, orange."

 

"Oh, is that so? Thank you." Mother smiled.

 

"No problem." Chansung smiled at me and mother.

 

We went off and mother continued searching for a racket. We found one. Mother bought two rackets, one for me and one for her.

 

Since mother likes being young, she bought the pink racket and I chose the orange one.

We chose some strings and had them stringed. We left them there. The store clerk said that we can pick them up after about an hour, so we left.

 

orange racketpink racket

 

"Let's go watch a movie." Mother said, pulling me up the escalator.

 

"Okay, what movie?" I asked. I like watching movies so I didn't argue.

 

"I don't know. Let's check." Mother said. I sighed.

 

____________________

 

A/N: Chansung is the image >.< I should have done Junho in the previous. Do you want me to? I will if you do XD

 

Also, Wooyoung is married here. XD And he has a baby girl. So does Chansung. He is also married here and he also has a baby girl :D

 

So far, we've met... Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung. 3 more members (Jaebeom included, no worries, Jae fans.)

 

Protech, Sotx - not very popular brands of badminton goods. I don't know much about them either. The image of the rackets there are (L,R) Protech Eclipse and Protech Uranus. Protech Saturn is blue. Just sharing >.<

 

Yonex, Dunlop - popular brand of badminton goods. Trusted over the years but now usually just made in China.

 

Li-ning - Chinese brand of badminton goods. Really expensive but goods with the old logo are unbelievably cheap. A pair of shoes from Li-ning can cost up to US$250 or even more but that was the most expensive that I saw.