Moon Gi's story

Rainbow

I will tell my side of the story how I became a member of Colors of my heart. It was last year when I still was in high school, It was my last year. Everybody was hard studying there exams. We still had 8 weeks until we would graduate and leave the hallways of this school. In a month we would have the school musical, every year we have a one, all the musicals that this school has done where inspired by Korean drama’s. This year the director choose ‘What’s up’ as the school musical. This drama Is about musicals, so it’s perfect to perform it. I would like to have the role Park Tae Hae, this character is one of lead roles. I find this character so interesting. I had been practicing for days. After the audition I got to hear from the director that I got a callback. Another Girl Named Kim Ha Na also got a callback. I didn’t know her. The reason why I had a callback, was because of my voice. The reason Why Kim Ha Na had a callback was of her acting performance. The director told us that we would perform against each other. I haven’t met her yet, because we had our auditions on a different time of the day.

Today was my callback, I went backstage to practice the whole song, at that moment a girl with short hair came in the room. “Annyeonghaseyo.” I smiled. “Park Moon Gi Immida.” And bow. But she just ignored me and walked past by me. She then sat down to put on her make-up. That was awkward. I was surprised, but I didn’t want to give up on asking who she was. “Are you Kim Ha Na?” At that moment when I asked her she looked up, but then again she ignored me further. “Oke what’s her problem.” I whispered. Because of this, I wanted to perform even better, that she wouldn’t ignore me again. The director of the musical called us on stage to perform. On the stage we stood next to each other. We got the assignment to do a duet, we had to study and practice our piece that we got from the director. “Ladies, I have something to tell you.” The director began to talk. “You two had to practice a piece of a song. Dae?” We both nodded. “But know I want you to switch your pieces with your opponent.” We looked surprised and yelled in sync “BOH!” and a late yo, so it wouldn’t be rude. “Why, Director?” Ha Ni Asked. The director began to explain why he wanted this. “We want to see if you are able to improvise.” I looked at Ha Ni, but she turned her head from me. Fortunately I practiced both parts.

 

I sang everything good, how I practiced it. But I heard that Ha Ni forgot some words and was a bit flat on the high notes. She looked angry. The director stopped us. “We’ve seen enough, kamsamida ladies.
 

The day after I got the news that I had the role of Park Tae Hae. I also heard that kim Ha Na ha accepted another role.
4 Weeks passed by, it was the day before the musical. We practiced enough, we would be great tomorrow. Unfortunately Kim Ha Na and I still weren’t friends. She still ignored me. But she is a hard worker, she does an excellent job. Because we practiced a lot, the director treated us on a day in the spa to relax. We went there with the whole crew of the musical. I went to the canteen of the spa to get everybody something to drink. Next to me stood Ha Ni and surprisingly she was nice. “Annyeong” She was happy. I greeted her back. At first I found it disturbing, but I wanted to give her a chance. “The director asked me if I would give you a hand. That’s why I’m here.” She said. “Oh, that would be nice. I don’t think I can carry everything.” I explained. “That’s great, I’m happy that I didn’t come here for nothing.” She looked like an honest person, and didn’t up to me. She took over some drinks and then walked back to the group. On the way to the group she talked about going to the hairdresser. It is around the corner. After the spa she would go there. She wanted another hairstyle for the musical. “I haven’t been to the hairdresser for a while. Is it alright if I come with you?” I asked. “Or do you have to make an appointment?” I Asked disappointed. She looked surprised. But then she brightened. “Should I call the hairdresser?” She answered. We arrived at the group and gave everybody their drinks. We sat down and Ha Ni Called on her cellphone. I sipped on my green tea, it was so good and warm. “Moon Gi” She called. “Dae?” I Asked. “The hairdresser said you could come. There opened a spot, someone cancelled.” She said happy. I was glad, now I could pick a fresh hairdo for the musical. But it was too good to be true.

On that moment I was furious when I looked in the mirror. I screamed at the hairdresser. “AAAAISH!” “What’s Wrong?’ Asked the hairdresser, she stood at the back of the shop. Then she came and looked with big eyes at my hair. “How did this happen!” She said surprised. I looked up at her angry. Than my head turned again to the mirror. I didn’t see my long black hair anymore. I saw Green Hair, Dark GREEN HAIR.

The day after I putted on my hoodie, under my hoodie I had my school uniform. I walked through the hallway to the auditorium. The director and Ha Ni where talking to each other. Did she put something in my shampoo? I walked towards them. The director looked my way. “Moon Gi I heard something happened to your hair.” I Took of my hoodie and showed my hair. He looked carefully to my hair, or it didn’t bother him. Then he turned his head to Ha Ni. “It isn’t that bad Ha Ni, She still can perform the role of Park Tae Hae. It isn’t that visible, only if the light is on her hair.” He explained to Ha Ni. “Wait a second, did you want to replace me Ha Ni? Did you do something with my hair?” I raised my voice. “ANIYO!” She yelled. “Girls, please stop yelling. Calm down, and get to practice.” Said the director annoyed.

That evening everything went great. I forgot a few words but improvised. I got some compliments from teachers and parents. I wanted to grab something to drink, but a man came up to me and asked my name. I told him my name. “You did an amazing job Park Moon Gi.” Said the stranger. “Kamsamida.” I said. He pointed out my hair. “What an interesting hair color.” he said. “Dae, it wasn’t my choice, I’d rather die it black again.” I said disappointed. “Oh that’s too bad.” Now he sounded disappointed. “Waeyo?” I asked. “Well I have good news and bad news, what do you want to hear first?” He asked me. “The bad?” I wasn’t sure what he was talking about. “Well the bad news is, you have to keep the green hair. And maybe die it what lighter green, not this dark green.” He explained, I was now really curious what the good news was. “And the good news?” I anticipated for the answer. “Well we…” He stopped and looked at his badge, and spoke further. “We as in my company where I work at, are looking for a green haired girl as a lead singer for a girl band.

(Monika)