Epilogue

10 Things I Hate About You

It was a cold winter morning. Everywhere was filled with snow as Christmas was nearing. Luckily, you had a warm fireplace to keep you warm. And also a snuggly, warm Luhan. Life was getting better each day for you. The two of you had decided to stop living in the dorms at Harvard and moved in together. 

Well, that was almost two years ago. 

After dating for two years, Luhan finally decided that it was time to pop the question and not surprisingly, you accepted. A twinkling diamond ring has now been placed proudly on your left ring finger. You couldn't have been anymore happier. 

You were lying down on the armchair in the living room while reading your favourite book, To Kill A Mockingbird, while Luhan was watching a football match along with his new best friend, Kris, who was also a native Chinese speaker just like him. You were dressed up in one of Luhan's old jerseys that he had when he was a teenager, a pair of sweatpants and furry socks, just like how any other girl would dress up in that time of the season. 

"Hey, Sophie?" Kris called out, not tearing his eyes away from the screen. 

"What is it, Kris? I'm at my favourite chapter." You mumbled as you read on, not really paying attention to what he was about to ask. 

"Why are you reading something that has got nothing to do with the title? It's not even about a real bird." Kris asked, genuinely confused. 

You shut your book and groaned. You sat up and rubbed your temples. "Look, Kris. If you want to know, why don't you read it and not judge the book by it's freakin' cover?" 

Kris shot you a glare before rolling his eyes back to the television. 

"Hey, don't you roll your eyes at the soon to be Mrs Luhan." Luhan chided at Kris. Kris snorted, "Yeah, right. Goodluck being stuck with Luhan, Sophie." 

"Well, I've been stuck with him all my life and I didn't even have a problem with it." You stood up and pointed your fingers at Kris, "IN YO' FACE, ER." 

Kris, once again rolled his eyes and sighed. You stretched your arms up and stretched to the back, making your shirt ride up and showing your lean midriff. Kris saw your smooth, milky skin and did a double take. "Wow.. Man, Luhan, is it me or is your girlfriend super hot? And it's only her waist!" 

Luhan scoffed, "Hey, keep your eyes to yourself! Don't you remember that you were just bickering with her a minute ago?" 

"Yeah but by looking at all that glory, I take back whatever I said." 

You could hear the two men bicker and occasionally smack each other. You giggled as you walked to the front porch, covering yourself with a blanket that you took along with. You breathed in the cold, fresh air but sneezing shortly after. *Damn it.* 

"Need a tissue?" A hand came out of nowhere. Without looking at who the person was, you accepted the tissue with a 'Thank You'. You thought it was Luhan but after hearing the bickering still going on from inside the house, your eyes widened. You easily recognized those scrawny but gorgeous hands. The hands that held you close before. 

*Oh Sehun?* You took a deep breath before looking up, hoping not to get your hopes too high up. *Please don't let it be.* 

But your eyes did not deceive you and standing before you was infact Oh Sehun. Your first boyfriend, your first kiss, your first everything. He looked exactly the same, only older.

He looked a lot more paler but you reckoned it was because of the weather. He coloured his hair blonde, way different from the ashy brown hair he sported a few years back though you could see streaks of pink in his tousled blonde hair. 

"How are you, sunshine?" His nickname for you rolled off his tongue as if it were nothing. You didn't know how to react. Was it going to happen again? Your life was going perfectly well but something, or rather someone in this case, just had to ruin it all and make it all complicated again? 

Honestly, you didn't know how to react. Sure, you looked like a complete idiot standing there and staring at him for a good few minutes. But how did you want to react? Overjoyed that you got to meet your old best friend that never once let you down? Or furious that he was the one who had played a cruel joke on you and left you instantly after that? Or should your expression remain as stoic as it was and just shut him out from your life and never let him in? 

No. You were too much of a nice person. 

"S-Sehun.." Was all you could mutter out with the strength you had now. The feelings had overwhelmed you all over again. The engagement, Christmas and now, Oh Sehun has come back to find you. Possibly take you away from Luhan. Or was it just your conscience haunting you? You didn't know. 

With too much feelings overwhelming you, your first tear dropped. Out of happiness? Maybe. Out of anger? Possibly. Out of confusion? Definitely. 

You burst into sobs and broke down to the ground as the world whirled around before you. You were confused. You were happy that you got to see Sehun again but you were just too darned angry at him for leaving you just because of a stupid reason. 

Soon enough, Luhan heard your cries and came outside, "SUNHEE, WHAT'S HAPPENING- YOU!" Luhan exclaimed as he pointed an accusing finger at Sehun. 

"Look, guys. Come on. I'm not here to cause any trouble, honest!" Sehun pouted in confusion at what was happening. You stopped sobbing and looked up at the troubled Sehun. His pout and worried look reminded you of the same Sehun that had stuck up for you for three years. Who was your punching bag whenever you got angry at Luhan. He was your everything and there you were, mentally pushing him away. 

Happiness washed over you. You instantly got up on your feet and glomped Sehun with all your strength. *My best friend is here. He's finally here. Is it me or is my life just getting better?* You felt Sehun hug you back and hugged him tighter. 

"I have no idea what is going on." Kris appeared out of nowhere while sipping on a can of beer. Luhan clicked his tongue and pushed him back into the house. After Kris was sent back into the house, Luhan crossed his arms and scrutinized Sehun. "So.. you're back, huh?" 

Sehun let go of you, straightening out his jacket. "Well, I'm here to see my old best friends. And I actually have some news I wanted to tell you." 

"Wait, wait, wait." Luhan held out his hands. "How did you find us?" 

Sehun chuckled, "Well, let's just say that I went to your school, found out that you guys left the dorm and asked for her your address." 

"Huh, I see." Luhan his chin. "You're pretty clever. So what are you doing here? You wanna come in?" 

The three of you entered the house. Sehun looked around at the two-storey house with an awe-struck look, "Wow. This place is amazing." 

"Thank you! I decorated it myself. With the help of Luhan and Kris shifting around the furniture." You said proudly as you sat in between Sehun and Luhan on the couch. You had guessed Kris had gone into the game room. 

"So I'm guessing the two of you are together now?" Sehun chuckled while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. You and Luhan looked at each other and smiled. 

"Well, it's not only that, Sehun-ah." Luhan said with extreme pride. Sehun raised an eyebrow, "And that is?" 

You giggled as you showed him your ring finger, "Luhan proposed to me just last week!" 

Sehun's eyes widened in surprised. "WOW! I didn't know it will be this late." 

"L-Late? Uh, Sehunnie, what are you talking about?" You looked around in confusion. 

"Well, duh. A guy with raging hormones like Luhan would be rushing to get married to you." Sehun chuckled as he saw Luhan's flustered face when he said that. 

Surprisingly, you laughed along with Sehun. "I agree. But it's alright now that it's all planned. So what are you doing here, Sehun?" 

"I thought of spending my holidays with the two people I love the most, besides my parents." Sehun grinned as he placed an arm over you. "I'm glad you're taking all this so well, sunshine. I'm proud of you." 

You shrugged, "It wouldn't be worth sulking and being mad at you since the matter has been way pushed back few years ago. And what was the other news you wanted to tell us?" 

Sehun heaved a deep breath, "Well, I'm not getting married that's for sure. But it's in a similar ballpark." 

"Sehun.." You gasped. "Y-You're dating someone?" 

"BINGO!" Sehun jumped up with glee. He had the most silliest grin. He had finally cracked a smile for the first time in many years and it actually felt good. What's better? Having your best friends cheer you up and realizing whether you hurt them or not, they'll always be the most forgiving people in the whole world. 

"OH MY GOD, SEHUN, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" You jumped along with him. The two of you jumped in circles with you chanting, "Sehun's got a girlfriend, Sehun's got a girlfriend!" 

"What do I have to deal with for the holidays.." Luhan sighed as he massaged his temples. He admits, they may be his best friends, but best friends make the most noise when they're together. Especially since one of them was his fiance. 

"WAIT! But, she's not exactly my girlfriend." Sehun said sheepishly. You gaped, "What?! Then what about the dating and the jumping and- Seriously, Sehun! You're going to lie to me NOW?" 

"No, no, no! It's not that I'm lying to you, it's just that.. I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend yet though we've been on many dates. It's not my fault I met her just last year!" Sehun pouted. 

You chuckled and patted Sehun's head, at the same time his hair. You had to tip-toe a bit because he was at least ten inches taller. "It's alright, Sehunnie. It just takes guts and a little determination, that's all!" Sehun nodded and laughed. 

Luhan stood up, "So, since Sehun shared his good news with us, are we up for a celebratory dinner?" 

You and Sehun looked at each other and smiled widely. The two of you then looked at Luhan, "Oldest pays!" 

Luhan rolled his eyes and took his car keys, "Alright, alright. Just get in the car." 

Sehun and you skipped outside of the house and to the car while swinging hands. Like old times. Just when Luhan was about to unlock the car, you shouted. "WAIT!" 

"Holy , you scared the out of me!" Luhan said as he picked up the keys that he dropped in surprise. 

"I just had the biggest idea ever!" You said with a grin and saw a random passerby, giving her your phone. You whispered, "Can you take a picture of us?" The passerby smiled and nodded. 

You turned back to the two men, "Alright, boys! Picture time! I'm in the centre again!" 

You squeezed in between Sehun and Luhan, holding up a peace sign. Both of them got the idea. You were trying to relive the picture that you had back during sophomore year. The two of them nodded at each other. 

"Alright, one, two, three!" 

At the last count, both Sehun and Luhan kissed either sides of your cheeks, leaving you in pure shock. You thanked the lady and took a look at the picture. You laughed lightheartedly. In the picture, you were holding up a peace sign with a shocked look, with both boys kissing your cheeks. You face grew red as Luhan smirked at you. 

You smiled softly at the picture, "I'll put this in a frame, right next to the old one. Oh, how much we changed. Anyways, still the best picture ever." You put your phone in your pocket and then slung both your arms on both of the men that made all the significant changes in your life. 

"My boys. I love you guys." You whispered before kissing both of their cheeks. 


Well, that's the epilogue that most of you guys wanted! And I cannot promise all of you that I will be making a spin-off for Sehun but just hope for the best, alright? 

So, this is really the end of 10 Things I Hate About You! But worry not, for I will always be on AFF ;) Do comment, subscribe to me (if you want new stories), upvote this story and of course, PM me anything you want or how you felt about this story ending. Let's interact! 

So.. see you Honeys again! 

Until the real next story, ppyong!~