Twisted Christmas

10 Things I Hate About You

You were munching on popcorn the next day while watching a rerun of a drama. You suddenly felt cold wind rush into your room. You looked at your window and realized you had left it open the night before while crying to sleep. Yes, you cried yourself to sleep while clutching your bolster as if it was Sehun. You remembered your Christmas Eve wish being "you'd do anything for a Christmas miracle". And a Christmas miracle which meant Sehun being cured miraculously. 

As you stared at the television that was playing the sappy soap opera, you thought about what you'll today. You could get Christmas presents? But then again, you remembered that your parents had called you the night before saying they couldn't make it. Also, you didn't exactly have any friends to buy Christmas presents for. You wouldn't talk to Luhan as you were still mad at him. You didn't know why but you felt like you needed someone to be angry at. 

You sighed and lay down, stomach first. Your hand hung loosely, barely touching the floor. You blew at your bands, feeling bored. *If only I was more of a social butterfly, I would have friends to hang out with.* Then, you thought about Sehun. Your heart immediately dropped like an anvil. He was your only friend. *He already has his present. My heart.* 

You shook your head and got up. You looked at the clock. It was already half past one in the afternoon. 

"Time to get some Christmas presents." 

--- 

You were biting on strawberry popsicle as you walked in the snow covered park. People gave you weird glances as they looked at you enjoying the icy treat on a cold weather, wondering why would someone eat something cold when it's already cold all over. You couldn't care less about the stares. You had always liked icy cold treats on a snowy day. You weren't the type of person to drink hot cocoa while sitting in the living room with the fireplace lit up and staring at absolutely nothing. Too cliche, you thought. 

There were couples, young and old, at the park. You could hear their twinkling laughters as they played with snow, skated on the ice rink and talk while cuddling on the benches. You pouted. You had to admit it but you missed doing those with Sehun. 

You saw a river nearby and decided to just look out at the scenery. You placed the paper bags full of Christmas presents and rested your weight on the railings. You looked down and noticed that the river was covered with just a thin layer of ice. You looked at your quarter-eaten popsicle and frowned. "To continue or not to continue?" 

"Not to continue. Because if you're just going to stare at it like that, I suggest you give me some of that." a voice came from behind you. You turned around and saw Luhan with his casual winter wear. A thick coat, a scarf wrapped around his neck and gloved hands tucked in his pockets. 

"Oh, Luhan." You muttered and turned around, facing the river. 

"How's Christmas morning? Any presents under the Christmas tree?" Luhan snickered as he came up next to you and placed his hands on the railings. 

"I'm not a kid, Luhan." You harrumphed and bit on your popsicle. 

"You still are to me." Luhan chuckled softly. He eyed your popsicle stick. "No, seriously, can I have some of that?" 

You looked at your popsicle stick and suddenly didn't want it anymore. You gave it to Luhan, "Knock yourself out." 

Luhan gladly accepted the icy treat and bit on it. He grinned. *It's sweeter because it's SunHee's.* 

"Oh, yeah." Luhan suddenly spoke and reached for his pocket. He pulled out a small box and handed it to you. "Your Christmas present." 

You raised an eyebrow, "You got me a Christmas present even after what I did to you this whole year?" 

"I figured you deserved it." Luhan shrugged and placed the box in your hand. 

You looked at the box that had been carelessly wrapped. "I reckon that you wrapped this yourself?" 

"Hey, there's one thing that I'm not perfect at and it's gift wrapping." Luhan chuckled and winked at you. He nudged your side, "Open it." 

"Are you sure? Because I don't want to ruin a perfect masterpiece." You teased and nudged him back. Luhan frowned, "Just open it, will you?" 

You chuckled and unwrapped the gift, despite the five layers of tape. Under the horrendous wrapping, there was a velvet box with writing on it. 

To your special someone.

Your heart thumped loudly. *Special someone? Doesn't that mean.. the one you love?* You gulped as you opened the box. Your eyes sparkled as a shining necklace chain attached to a snowflake came in view. The snowflake had a golden gem in the center. You looked back at Luhan, "Why..?" 

"I got you a snowflake because well.. you're cold." Luhan said boldly. You winced. Were you that cold to him? 

"But apart from that," Luhan continued. He looked into your eyes and smiled, "You're beautiful. Snowflakes are beautiful and so are you."

"Luhan..." You whispered, touched. Your fingers lightly graze the metal. Then you thought how much a fortune this must have costed him. You looked up at Luhan, "Luhan, this necklace looks expensive. I-I can't-" 

"Come on, if you can't accept my feelings for you then at least accept my Christmas gift." Luhan forced a chuckle but you can tell that he was somewhat sad. You sighed. "Luhan, we talked about this many times." 

"I know, I know." Luhan muttered. "I just wanted to know how it feels like having a girlfriend who you're really in love with. I thought I had you. But it just turns out that Sehun beat me to you." 

You were about to sympathize him until you saw a familiar kind of leaf sticking out of his coat pocket. You scoffed, "Alright, Luhan. Drop the act." 

"What?" Luhan asked, wide-eyed. 

"It's way too obvious that you have a freaking mistletoe in your pocket." You pointed out and tilted your head. 

Luhan rubbed his nape and broke out in a grin, "Oh, yeah. About that.." 

"Care to explain, Luhan?" You crossed your arms and leaned back with an amused expression. 

Luhan pouted and took out the mistletoe from his pocket. He sighed as he twirled it around between his fingers. "I just wanted to know how your lips felt like." 

You chuckled but couldn't help the blush creeping up your cheeks. You awkwardly rubbed your hands together. You checked the time and gasped. "Oh my gosh! It's five already?!" 

"What? What's wrong?" Luhan searched your worried face. 

"My favourite drama starts in half an hour!" You quickly gathered your paper bags and turned to go when Luhan held your wrist. You looked at him, "What?" 

"I'll walk you back to the dorm." Luhan grinned. 

--- 

The two of you arrived at the gates in a ten minutes as the park wasn't that far. You waited for Luhan to catch up with you because he was carrying your things. He had snatched them out of your hands when you disagreed to let him carry it for you. 

"Thanks for carrying them, Luhan." You took the bags out of his hands and your heel to go when Luhan called out to you. 

"Wait, SunHee," You turned around when the next thing that happened caught you by surprise. 

Luhan captured your lips with his soft ones. Your eyes widened as you took in everything. Luhan was kissing you. You felt your heart beat fast as a race car. It might seem cliche, but you could've sworn you felt butterflies in your stomach. You wanted to pull away but something in your heart kept tugging you to Luhan. His kiss was so passionate, way different than the soft and gentle kisses Sehun gave you. The kiss was full of emotions. Before you could close your eyes, Luhan pulled away. 

"What.. was that?" You asked yourself, dazed. 

"I'm sorry. The feeling just came over me." Luhan sighed. 

You shook your head, "It's fine. I mean, I wanted to give you a Christmas present but it seems like you already received it by yourself." 

Luhan chuckled, "Well, Merry Christmas, snowflake. I'll see you soon." 

"Aren't you going back to the dorms- Wait, snowflake?!" You asked in disbelief. 

"Nah, I have stuff to do." Luhan smirked. "Like it? It's my nickname for you." 

Before you could say anything else, Luhan had walked away. You scratched your head in confusion and looked at the time. Your eyes bugged out. "Oh no! It starts in three minutes!" 

--- 

You were on the couch, crunching on walnuts you had cracked using your nutcracker while watching your favourite English drama. You sniffed as the main character mourned upon the loss of her husband due to illness. *I feel you, Emily.* 

You were about to cry somemore when the door knocked. You looked at the door then the clock. *It's six-thirty. Who would knock on the door at this hour?* 

You opened the door and raised an eyebrow as you eyed the man in a suit that was standing right infront of you. He had sunglasses on and a nametag. You had no idea who this unknown man was. "Um.. who are you?" 

"I'm Mr Lee's chauffeur. Are you Lee SunHee?" The man spoke in a gruff voice. You warily nodded. 

"You'll have to get dressed and I'll take you to your residence." Before he walked away, he spoke from over his shoulders, "Mr Lee orders." 

You blinked as the man walked away. *Did he just give me orders?* But nonetheless, you dressed up right away in a simple reindeer sweater and skinny jeans. You slipped on a fur coat and a scarf. You tucked a bottle of pepper spray into your pocket. You know, just in case the driver might not turn out to be your father's chauffeur. 

"Ahjussi, do you mind telling me where we're going?" You asked. The chauffeur looked at you through the rear view mirror, "Your old house, agashi." 

You tilted your head, "What for?" 

"If I tell you, it won't be a surprise anymore, agashi." The chauffeur chuckled. 

You nodded slowly and leaned back, not asking anymore questions. 

--- 

The car pulled up at the driveway. You got out of the car and fixed your scarf as the wind had managed to loosen it up. 

You looked at the windows. *Why did Dad ask the chauffeur to bring me here if it's empty?* You looked back at the chauffeur, "Ahjussi, what am I supposed to do?" 

"Go in, agashi." The chauffeur nodded and went back in the car. You turned around and warily stepped towards the door and put your keys into the slot. The lock made a click and it opened. 

It was pitch black. No candles, no flashlights, no whatsoever. You began to feel afraid, wondering if a ghost would pop out of nowhere and scare you to death. 

"Mom? Dad..?" You closed the door behind you and the lights. 

POP! 

Streamers popped out of nowhere and your parents jumped up from behind the couch. "SUNHEE-AH!" 

Your eyes widened. You looked around and realized that the whole house was covered with Christmas decorations. What caught your eye was the huge Christmas tree that was placed at the corner of the living room. 

"W-What's happening?" You asked, still taking in whatever was happening. 

"We thought we'd surprise you for Christmas! We'd never miss Christmas with you, sweetheart!" Your mother gave a sweet smile as your father wrapped his arms around her. 

You gulped and looked at the happy expressions your parents wore. Of course, you didn't have the heart to make them upset just because they "lied" to you. Besides, they only did it to surprise you. 

You chuckled, "Alright, alright. What's the worse that could happen, right?" 

 

 

"OH MY GOSH! REALLY, DAD?!" You guffawed as your mother told you what happened during their stay in Taiwan. Apparently, your father had his wallet stolen and didn't realize it until the next day when they had to pay an entrance fee for the washroom. Your poor dad had to wait until they got to the hotel. The three of you were by the fireplace, drinking peppermint hot chocolate filled to the brim with marshmallows. 

"Unfortunately, yes." Your father chuckled. You stopped laughing, "Well, what about your wallet? Are there any important stuff in there?" 

Your father waved the matter away, "No worries. There's just a few dollars and some business cards. But sadly, my old baseball cards were stolen." 

You smiled and patted your father's back, "There, there." 

Your mother clasped her hands together, "Okay! Time to open the presents!" 

You watched as your parents dragged in various nicely wrapped boxes into the living room. There were circular ones, rectangular ones, some with a pointed tip and some were just plain ol' squares.

Your eyes widened as your parents shoved all the presents infront of you, barely making space for you to breathe. 

"A-Are all these for me?" You looked at all of the presents. You tried counting but there were just too much. 

"Of course, sweetheart! They're all yours." Your mother chimed as she made her way to the kitchen to get more hot chocolate. 

"B-But.. where did you get all the money?" You looked at the names on the presents and true enough, all of those were addressed to you. 

"They're from our colleagues in Taiwan, dear. They're the ones who bought the presents." Your father said and sat beside you on the couch. 

"Go ahead, sweetie. Open them." Your mother urged as she brought in a tray of the peppermint hot chocolate. 

You warily held the rectangular box in your hands. You slightly lifted up and gasped, almost dropping it because of the heavy weight. You slowly unwrapped the golden wrapping paper. It looked so expensive that you couldn't bear having it torn. 

You gasped as you recognized the apple logo. *No freaking way..* 

As you unwrapped it further, your eyes grew wider. When it was finally, totally unwrapped, you screamed, "OH MY FREAKING GOD!! NO FREAKING WAY!!" 

On your lap, there sat a new Apple MacBook Pro. You grazed your fingertips over the sleek cover of the box. 

Your parents chuckled at your reaction, "That's from us, sweetie. It's for your studies when you go to States later." 

Your smile slightly faltered. *Oh, yeah.. I got accepted already.* 

"What's wrong, SunHee? You don't like it? We can get you a new one." Your mother smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder. 

You shook your head with an appreciative smile, "No, no. This is more than enough, Mom. Thank you so much." You hugged your parents and kissed their cheeks. You pulled back, "Are you guys coming with me?" 

"Come with you?" Your mother's eyes widened. She looked at your father, who just shrugged, "To where, dear?" 

You raised an eyebrow, "To the States? I assumed since you travelled around the world a lot so maybe the two of you would like to join me?" 

Your mother chuckled and placed a hand on her chest. She laughed along with your father, "Oh my. Honey, I'm afraid our daughter has gone delusional." She sighed and smoothed your hair. "Sweetie, your father and I love to travel the world. But this is your scholarship. Not ours. Besides, you have Luhan, don't you? I'm sure he'll be more than happy to depart with you. Your father and I can't stay in one place for too long. We'll have to fly from one continent to another. We can't even stay in Korea for long, let alone the States. Do you understand, sweetie? But I promise we'll visit you for the holidays." 

You glumly nodded. At the same time, you thought. *With Luhan? To the States?* 

Soon, you had unwrapped only three gifts and even those gifts were enough for you. You decided to leave the rest until you were ready to open them. 

"Okay, Mom. I'm too tired to open anymore presents." You sighed and slumped into your chair. 

"Oh, wait!" Your mother excitedly placed her mug down and ran to the front door. "Both of us have a surprise for you~" 

"What is it, Mom?" You stood up and fixed your sweater. You curiously went behind your mother and waited for her to open the door. 

"Surprise~" Your mother giggled and opened the front door. Your eyes widened as Luhan appeared with a giant box behind him. It wasn't just an ordinary giant box. It stood about 6 feet tall. Heck, it was bigger than Luhan himself. 

Your mother made enough space for Luhan to wheel in the giant box. You stepped aside as Luhan entered the house, while pushing in the huge box. You wondered what on Earth would be that big enough to fit into a big box like that. You were curious but at the same time very afraid of what might jump out of that box if you were to open it. 

"Merry Christmas, snowflake." Luhan smirked and hugged you. You stood still, not sure whether to hug him back or not. 

"Aww, you hear that, honey? He called her a snowflake~" Your mother cooed from behind Luhan. "Go on, sweetie! Hug him back!" 

You warily hugged him back and awkwardly stared at the ceiling as Luhan hugged you for what seems to you the longest five seconds ever. 

You pulled back and cleared your throat. You looked back at the box and pointed at it, "What's in that?" 

"Oh, that?" Luhan grinned and stood next to it. "You'll have to open it yourself." 

"Open that?! That's impossible!" You flailed your arms. 

"Don't worry. It's a mechanical box. There's a button at one of the sides. Just press it and it'll reveal your Christmas miracle." Luhan genuinely smiled and stepped back. 

You walked around the box, finding the button. When you found it, you took a deep breath and looked at your parents. Your mother, who was in your father's arms, nodded with a big grin on her face. 

You shrugged. "Here goes nothing." 

You pressed the button. It made a click sound and at once, smoke started to escape the box, making you step back as the walls of the box fell flat on the floor. You coughed and swatted your hand all over the place. 

When all the smoke was gone, you opened your eyes and couldn't believe what you saw. Your eyes turned round like saucers and you felt like fainting at any moment. 

 

Sehun was standing in the middle of the box, looking as healthy as ever. His face wasn't pale anymore, his hair had full volume again and his pale lips had turned pink again. He looked up and gave a dazzling smile. You wanted to say something but your voice betrayed you. You wanted to pinch your cheeks to see if all of this was real but your hands wouldn't move. 

Sehun walked small steps towards you with a gentle smile on his lips. You stared at him as he walked towards you with his arms open wide. When he was right infront of you, he opened his mouth, 

"Merry Christmas, sunsh-" 

SLAP!

Your parents gasped as you angrily glared at Sehun. Luhan gaped at you and looked at Sehun who had his face whipped to the side. You were breathing heavily, tears threatening to fall. Your bottom lip trembled as you tried to voice out. 

"I hate you, Oh Sehun." 

With that, you ran from the living room and up the stairs. You went inside your room and slammed the door behind you. You fell flat onto your bed and sobbed. Your body vibrated as you cried your lungs out. You didn't know why you reacted this way. Shouldn't you be happy that he was infront of you, healthier than before? You honestly didn't know. Anger filled you up as you saw him walk towards you, as if he didn't know how much tears you shed for him. It all didn't make sense to you. He looked so sick, as if he really did have cancer. Everyone convinced you so well that he was ill. You thought it didn't make sense. His hair was thinning, you could see. But why did it look as if he had miraculously grew some more hair overnight? 

You were crying too hard that you didn't hear your bedroom door creak open. Luhan and Sehun stepped in with guilty expressions on their faces as they watched the girl they loved sob hard. They looked at each other and frowned. The both of them thought the same thing. *I shouldn't have thought of the plan in the first place.* 

Sehun slowly sat on the edge of the bed. He slightly touched your shoulder before being slapped in the chest.

"I HATE YOU! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! I REALLY THOUGHT YOU HAD CANCER, YOU HEARTLESS PRICK! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I TRIED TO PUT MYSELF TO SLEEP!? I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE ANY ING SLEEP, DO YOU KNOW THAT?! HOW COULD YOU?! HOW COULD THE BOTH OF YOU BE SO CRUEL?!" You cried while hitting his chest repeatedly. Sehun silently wrapped his arms around you, taking in the hard blows. Your cries subsided and your hits became less painful for him. 

Before you know it, you were weakly hitting his chest while sniffling. You felt another pair of arms hug you from behind. You cried as your two best friends had their arms wrapped around you. 

"You two.. are bad people, you know that?" You sniffled and stayed still as Sehun smoothed out your hair. 

"I know, I know. We're so sorry, sunshine. We didn't think you'd react this way." Sehun apologized. 

"Yeah, we thought you'd be happy since it was Christmas. But I guess we thought wrong." Luhan softly chuckled and rocked you from behind. His chin was on the top of your head. He gently kissed the top of your head and leaned his cheek against it. 

"I hate you guys." You muttered but then looked at the two of them, "But I still love the two of you so freaking much, you know that?" 

Luhan and Sehun chuckled and hugged you tighter. "We love you too, Lee SunHee." 


WOW THAT WAS A LONG CHAPTER GUYS. 

But it didn't matter because I just gained a whole bucketload of subscribers! OMG! Welcome, new readers! Happy reading! ^^ 

AND ONE MORE THING! 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR, HONEYS! 

OH MY GOSH, IT'S BEEN A REALLY FUN YEAR WITH YOU GUYS! I CAN'T SHOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU GUYS. I LOVE ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND NOW, WE HAVE 49 UPVOTES! HOW GREAT IS THAT? I HOPE ALL OF US WILL SHARE A GREAT 2013 TOGETHER! I LOVE YOU GUYS :D

oh, and tell me, Honeys, how was your Christmas? :D

Until the next update, ppyong!~