3 | TRAINING BUDDY

What The Heart Needs

Third person P.O.V

 

If you like having a secret little rendezvous

-1D


 

 

Hyejin step into her car after finishing her photoshoots for the W magazine. Her day was packed especially today. The filming for her movie had finally complete after months of filming and flying back and forth to China. After wrapping up at the set and promised of dinner with the production team, she had to rush over to a photoshoot at another location. Thankfully, they made it in time and managed to go through all the clothes that they had to use. Hyejin is used for these types of days to appear in her scheduled so, it doesn’t really bother her anymore.

 

The scents of flowers fill in her nose trills whenever she enters her car, to be specific the smells of lavender. The sleek black leather chair and the wing logo decorated the steering wheels. From miles away, anyone can sense the high price the car radiates. Hyejin hums at the song playing in the background while her fingers tapping on the wheels, following the beat. The day still feels too young for her after working endlessly. She doesn’t feel tired enough to sleep so, she changes her direction. She’s not going home instead she’s heading for the gym.

 

Recently, she had been assigned an instructor for the movie. Unfortunately, her scheduled had caused some conflicts that don’t allow her to practise much to her dismay. She had to rescheduled so many times just to fit in a session with the instructor. So, she needs to catch up in order for the filming to stay in timeline and in order to do that, she has to use her time. Even if its mean going for the gym at 1 in the morning.

 

She parked her car near the building and takes her mask to hide her face. She walks down to the building while tying up her hair that get a little bit messy. It’s not like anyone going to be here, right? her thoughts are definitely wrong when she sees the light emits from the gym’s door. A clear sound of the map screeching indicates that someone is using it. Hyejin frowns at the unexpected users. No one is allowed to use this gym except for the cast as far as she knows, or is it one of the actors?

 

She sneaks her head to look inside from the door and sees Baekhyun practicing with a rapier in his hand. She looks around to see if there’s anyone with him but strangely, there’s only him. Hyejin isn’t sure what to do. Should she approach him or just leave? But she has been wanting to practise for quite a while but would Baekhyun appreciates her being here? Hyejin hears someone clearing up their throats and is break from her trance.

 

She looks up to see Baekhyun staring at her. Their eyes lock with each other. Out of reflex her body moves and go back to hide behind the door. Embarrassment filled in her feelings when she realised what she had done.

 

She hears Baekhyun chuckle from inside the gym, “You do know that I just saw you right unless I was hallunicating and saw a ghost?” his voice states how amuse he is of the situation.

 

Of course, she knows. She’s not stupid. She just feels like she got caught watching him and supposed to hide at that. Thinking back her brains is stupid for causing that reaction. Hyejin clears up . She tries to make it sounds confident and face him, no longer hiding behind the door.

 

“Of course, I know. I just got shocked. It’s a reflex,” the reflex part sounds so stupid to her ears.

 

Baekhyun laughs at her attempt to hide her embarrassment. Hyejin wants to be mad at him for laughing but she can’t help and join him. How can she get mad? She can’t deny that it is funny, looking back at the situations.

 

“So, what are you doing here?” he asks once they’re both have calm down and collected themselves.

 

“Well, the same reason as you. I hope you don’t mind me being here,” she says as she goes to the storage room to take the rapier. A fake rapier. No one is allowed to hold the real one without a proper gear and equipment. Serious injury can happen.

 

“Not at all, I don’t mind,” he jokingly takes a step aside and make a grand gesture which earns a scoff from Hyejin. They begin to practise, giving their full attention to perfect their movement. They both continue to do so with a slight acknowledgement from time to time to each other. The silence is comforting enough for two strangers that just get a glimpse of each other.

 

 

……

 

 

The girls are in the studio, with Hyejin because she told them, she would be in the studio all night, they came. Lots of food and drinks to finish overnight. It’s not often that she gets sentimental in fact, she avoids it but once in a while she allows herself to get drunk in the feeling when the girls are wasted. She doesn’t take down shots in , Kwon Hyejin don’t drink contrary to popular belief. In fact, she is fine with watching over drunk people especially her girls and she chooses to do this over anything else.

 

“Hyejin, how’s the preparing for the movie goes?” Jaehee asks and break her trance. Jaehee’s words comes out mumbling indicating her tipsy state. That means she’s good enough to remember events tomorrow and won’t wake up with a huge headache.

 

“Well, it’s okay I think? We are practicing for the action right now and having a lot of discussion on the wardrobe with the director and writer,” Hyejin hums to herself as she goes through what happened these couple weeks in her day. Baekhyun and her had been rehearsing and learning their choreograph whenever they have time. There are moments when they managed to match their schedule but often time, they would sneak out to practise out of the people sight.

 

She isn’t sure when it starts to happen but it’s probably began that Saturday. Something that started out of a blues slowly became a part of their routine somehow. Meeting each other in the gym at wee times. The first time, it was a pure coincidence but the next meetings happen and before she knows it, they always see each other at the gym. The way she hid herself was a memory that she vowed to buries and will never ever come to the surface.

 

She'll make sure of it. Still, Hyejin chuckled at the memories. What a turn of events.

 

“Why are you laughing? Did anything happen? What so funny?” Hyojung tilted her head curiously; feeling weird looking at the girl giggling by herself.

 

“I wasn’t laughing. I was just smiling,” that sounds so fake in Hyejin’s head but she wasn’t laughing isn’t it? She’s probably just smiling at herself. Besides that, why would the member find it weird when she did it all the time. This isn’t the first time that she acts abnormal by herself, “You weren’t laughing like the usual though? You were giggling like a girl,”

 

“I am a girl,” Hyejin counter back Hyojung’s statement with a deadpan expression.

 

Hyojung scoff, “Let me rephrase, what make you so happy that you grinning like an idiot right, Ellyn?” Hyojung turn to ask the youngest.

 

Ellyn hum in agreement, "What makes you happy?" the maknae lean forward. 

 

Her eyes are gleaming in anticipitation and curiousity. Hyejin groans out loud at their words. They’re going to start to say some random theories out of nowhere. Another groan hits her in the head when she realises that they going to claim that she has a hidden lover somewhere. Oh god, and they won’t stop talking about it for months until they found new things to taunt.

 

Beside that she’s sure she isn’t smiling like that. She’s probably just fond of the memories. They are just making this weird that’s all. That’s what she thinks to herself. Exaggeration is what they always do. Well, she is sure that girls are too drunk to comprehend the topic of the conversation considering the number of bottles littering around the studio.

 

“So, what did you think of that you looked like that? What happened? Do you have a lover that we don’t know?” Jaehee turns back to asks her. Oh, how come she know the members so well? She regrets that she even recalled those memories. Even more, she realised too late that her member is not wasted enough to pass out soon as their eyes focusing on her, waiting for an answer, "I need to force them to chug down before they bring up again", She whispers to herself.

 

 

 

 

Hyejin makes her way to her car with her cap and mask on so, that no one can recognise her. She has been very careful to make sure that no one sees her on her way to the gym. She probably would loosen herself if she uses it by herself but Baekhyun went there too. A scandal in the middle of preparing for a movie is bad for both companies especially when this is supposed to be a secret. SM have considered lots of things including the location of the gym which is a bit isolated. Even with a precaution like that, Hyejin still be careful of her surroundings as she aware enough of possibilities in the industry.

 

After a long drive from the company, she reaches her destination at 2 in the morning. She takes her training bag and closes her door before walk upstairs to the gym. The light is already on and a movement can be heard from outside of the door. Baekhyun arrived already? That’s fast. She opens the door and can sees Baekhyun wielding the rapier in his hand to practise. “You are here early,” Hyejin tells him while settling herself to starts training too.

 

“Ahh! You surprise me,” Baekhyun puts his hand on his chest due to being startled. He turns to the voice, seeing Hyejin getting down on the mattress to stretch herself. He stares at the girl unbothered reaction by his scream. This girl is definitely smiling to herself. It isn’t noticeable at first but when he looks thoroughly, he can see how she often smile to herself. A genuine smile that she keeps it to herself.

 

“You scared me for real a second. I really thought I almost die of heart attack,” he says pretending to be angry but his tone and smile definitely can’t lie. She rolls her eyes at his words.

 

“I’m sorry, I thought that you heard me,” she smiles back at him. She’s too uses of him being a mischief that she considers herself immune to Baekhyun antics. “Have long have you been here?” she asks while stretching her legs.

 

“Not long, around 30 minutes ago,” he answers back. Baekhyun take a quick glance at the girl, a quick ponytail and a bare face yet she still looks like she just steps out of the dressing room. He heard stories before on how gorgeous she is but of course being in the industry there’s many faces like that. In his company himself, it’s full of beauties but still the one in front of him is an attraction. He knows the image in front of him is not even an effort of the girl to look decent but she still manages to look stunning.

 

“Are you satisfied with your practise?” she asks, pulling him back from continue looking at her. that’s so inappropriate of me. Baekhyun thinks to himself, embarrassed that he looks at her. She raises her eyebrows at the sudden flustered reaction. Obviously didn’t caught what happened. Baekhyun focus back at the question.

 

“Not really, I’ve still had more to perfect,” he answers back but a slight bitter taste could be sense in his tone. It’s probably frustrated to make sure everything looks right in your own eyes when the time is limited but Baekhyun couldn’t complain. He was the one that agreed on the movie (he doubt he could have a say in this) and he shouldn’t do thing half-heartedly. Not when many things were thrown in for this movie to go well.

 

“I actually think you already did an amazing job but you know yourself better. I’m sure you manage to do it perfectly the way you want,” she casually says as she turns her arm behind her back, stretching it.

 

Baekhyun stares at the girl not knowing what to say. It’s just a simple sentence said out of kindness but somehow nothing could come out from his mouth. His quietness brings silence to the room. Hyejin’s lip remain seal as she stands up and go to the storage room to take the rapier. She wonders if she crosses her line by saying that.

 

Her movement brings out Baekhyun from his trance. The girl starts to practice without saying anything and he immediately take his rapier and silently practice too. Most of the time they will practice their solo shots first before trying out scenes that requires them to do together. Baekhyun takes a short glance at Hyejin who concentration is very high. Looking back, he wonders how they found themselves in this situation.

 

The fact that day that he decides to practice at the gym coincidently turns out to be Hyejin first practise session by herself too. He could actually recount accurately everything that happened that day without missing a single detail.

 

He was trying to sleep at night around that time, but his eyes refuses to oblige what the body wants. He wants to put the blame on the other members for snoring but he immunes with those after years of living together. Heck, even with Sehun and Kai fighting on who drinks the last yogurt can made him sleep so, why that night he can't? 

 

Thinking back, it’s weird how his heart wants to get out. Almost like it’s begging for him to step out of the house and go somewhere. He never really like stepping out of the dorm but he was in a dilemma. After long time of contemplating, he got up and was about to left when an idea came to him. He can benefit his time by practising the action choreography.

 

Hyejin and him have to learn first compared to the actors because of their schedule beside that, they have many actions to cover. In a span 1 week they went through half of the action in the movie and Baekhyun swear each time that the movie needs to turn out well so, that none of the efforts won’t go down the drain. 

 

He changed his clothes to a suitable attire and went to the gym with a taxi. When he arrived, there’s no one inside the gym. It’s an empty place in a lonely night. He went to the store room to take the rapier that he used the other day and started to practicing.

 

It’s quite hard to practice without a partner but he tried his best to uses his body memory to remember what he supposed to do. Fortunately, they also managed to record all the action that he needs to memorise. His focus was high and on alert when all of a sudden, he could feel a gaze staring at him. Creeps enveloped his body as he turned around to search for the intruder of the feeling he got.

 

Then he saw her. Standing at the door when she suddenly hid behind the door, like a deer caught in the headlights. He was confused at first, even doubting what he just saw but he decided to crack a joke at the perhaps startled girl. When she came out from her hidden place and started to rambling on her poor choice of decision, he laughed. That night, they are two people trying to get comfortable with each other.

 

Ever since then, they start to practise together their scene including their scene together. Their fighting scene holds a significant part in the movie as this is supposedly underlying a small spark between the characters that will bring them closer despite the pure intention is teaching Nara how to use a rapier. Is he? Baekhyun would like to at least think … it is. Like the Sun that meant to rise every day for a daylight to come, they found their way back again to gym the next night and next and next.

 

Little by little it became the beginning of their little escapade.

 

It becomes a part of their routine by the 10th days they use the gym at night. When they can’t come at night, they had texted each other to let one another know. The instructor is very pleased with their fast progress and they manage to move up the schedule for team action 2 weeks earlier than expected. The rest of actors also starts around the same time as them only that they had an earlier start due to lots of solo shots. If the practise session goes well, there’s not much to cover anymore and they could use the rest of time to perfect the movements.

 

Hyejin is watching the practice video that she recorded when the stunt actors showed her and compared it to with what she just did. Baekhyun also used the same tactic to make sure that he won’t make any mistakes while practicing on his own. He watched the video too many times that he’s sure is getting sick of it. He opens it everywhere; in the car, when he’s about to sleep, eating, and practicing for the comeback. He swears D.O looks like he’s going to kill him if he watches it again in front of him. Fortunately, they understand enough on how much of a big scale project is this and never complain about it.

 

“Did your manager find out?” Hyejin asks, remembering how he sneaks out almost every night to practice without anyone knowledge except her. Baekhyun cringe slightly at the question, his little crime in the middle of the night is a breath of a fresh air to him that it slips his mind about everybody else. He is enjoying it too much, that his view is invisible; clouding his judgment.

 

He is becoming reckless lately because since when did he didn’t play his game at night or he steps out of the house at night? That’s odd. Everybody know he is a homebody. Luckily, doesn’t ask him anything so far probably or maybe because no one is up when he left. He feels like a spy in his own dorm from time to time.

 

“I think I’m save for now,” Hyejin lifts up her eyebrows at the unsure respond. She decided not to comments on it. She puts aside her tablet on the floor and proceeds to lie down on the mat, sprawling her entire self with no care. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows at the sudden change in position of the women. It’s 4am in the morning and she acts very unusual too much to his amusement.

 

“Sorry but I really want to lay down for a while and then I promise we can practice our scene,” she promises him when she sees his surprise expression. Clearly not expecting her action. Perhaps he thought she’s done practicing.

 

“It’s okay, you can do whatever you want. I understand besides there’s no one here.” he assures her. He tightens his lips and not say anything further. Few minutes passes and Hyejin still lay down on the floor while Baekhyun awkwardly sit next to her, not doing anything expect his fingers. His long fingers that won’t stop drumming his water bottle. Either it’s out of nervous or uncomfortable, Hyejin don’t know.

 

“Why don’t you lay down with me? It feels weird to do it by myself,” she looks at him while truly hopping that he takes her offer. It starts to kick in how weird she is laying down with no care and a male is there with her, only the two of them. A man that she barely met. It feels so improper.

 

“Ah no, it’s okay, I’m fine sitting down,” he declines, it would be impolite if he lays down with her, right? besides she’s probably offering so that he wouldn’t feel out of the place

 

 

“Just lay down, I’m starting to feel embarrass doing this alone,” she smiles, prompting him to get down. Baekhyun study down her expression and hesitantly get down to lay himself on the floor with a huge gap between them. Hyejin noticed the gap and don’t mind them. Silence enveloping the room with no one dare to say anything.

 

They stare at the ceiling for a long time without any of them open their mouth. Somehow comforts and empty mind creeps up like they’re in a high place with passing breeze whispering sounds to you. Just a hollow mind with nothing to think about. The presence of each other silencing the loneliness that lurks around in the place.

 

It’s takes a few more minute before Hyejin breaks the silence. “You must be startled that I suddenly lay down, I’m sorry,” he turns to look at her that’s already has her eyes on him.

 

“It’s okay, it’s been a while since i did something like this. It feels nice,” he answers truthfully and Hyejin hums at that. He tries to read her expression but he can’t, there’s nothing on it except for a smile.

 

“I hope the movie goes well,” she says so softly that he almost didn’t heard her but he can hear her clearly as if she’s sharing a secret with him. Almost like she doesn’t want anyone else to hear but him. That night particularly feels warm even in the winter.

 

They go practicing when Hyejin suggests to get up again before the clock turns to 5:30; when they need to leave. That night feels surreal to them. Hyejin who’s more than awake and has her consciousness never sleep was wondering on what she had been thinking. She believes she was imprudent and had lost her mind in that very overwhelming night. However, the next day was even bizarre to her when they did the same thing the next day, still saying nothing and only stares at the ceiling. Baekhyun who initiates it first that time develop a little thing that they do together. They don’t mention it nor do they even question it but they lay down each night knowing solace find them in that moment.

 

 

 

Grunts and cries out of sound is resonating the hall when 45 people are rehearsing their scenes together. Hyejin is sitting down with her back against the wall along with some other stunt actors while watching the rest of the cast. They’re practising a fighting scene with the other crew pirate. Discussions was brought up to the directors each time to enhance a good performance and everyone including the stunt actors gives a huge commitment in this production.

 

Hyejin just practiced her scene with Baekhyun in front of the rest of cast and the director. She proudly says that their training at night paid off as there’s no mistake happen and they earn lots of compliment from the seniors. Even their trainer become very pleases with their progression. She takes a quick break from the practice session while the others continue to practice.

 

She’s drinking her water while scanning the entire scene that unfolds Infront of her. The male actors are putting lots of effort in their role. Just earlier, Siwan told her how he gains 10kg and go to the gym to fit in better for his character and she respects that since it must not been easy. Hyejin isn’t sure if it’s perhaps one of a common guy trait but the cast hit it off fast and build instant chemistry with each other.

 

Their group chat has been bustling with texts and pictures almost every single day after they get off their practise. Fortunately, Hyejin doesn’t feel left out at all as the guys always include her in their conversation but it is hard when she’s the only female here. Her stunt double usually will hang out with her to spare her from the boredom of males but she gets a flue a few days ago and still recovering.

 

Finally, they take a five-minute break before resuming and starts to walk towards Hyejin. Soohyuk plops himself next to her while drinking his water and Seungho on her other side. “The movement that you made earlier was really cool,” Seungho says to Baekhyun that’s standing by his side. He shook his head, denying it.

 

“Eyy, I’m not,” the proud smile says otherwise though, not that she minds it. The cast loves being silly together and teases among themselves happened everytime.

 

“It must be because you dance a lot,” Doyeon says, throwing more compliment at him. Baekhyun waves his hand, wanting to deny it but still his smile grows bigger almost like it reaches his ear.

 

“Look at him smiling, he likes it,” Inguk says while laughing. The entire team laughs at the exclamation. It’s always a good day to tease the youngest in the group. “Don’t think speak too loud on others, aren’t you a singer too?” Doyong asks Inguk who gets shy at the sudden reminder.

 

“I’m just a ballad singer, this guy- “ he points out at Siwan, “-is in actual idol group.” Siwan gets flabbergasted and starts to rambling nonsense. His ears get red, probably not expecting the sudden change of target, “I haven’t dance in a long time beside that EXO is very famous, I can’t compare.”

 

“You still in an idol group, you must train for a long time,” Gong Myung call out on his bluff as the others grins at the actions.

 

“The one in the corner is keeping quiet, silently not saying anything,” everyone turns to stare at Hyejin. She widens her eyes at the change of victims and shook her head, laughing slightly. The rest of the crews continue with their conversation and teasing the entire break time.

 

“Actually, when I first heard about this movie, I was hesitating a lot but then I heard Hyejin going to star in it, I immediately ask for the script,” Hyejin eyes turn wides at the confession, not expecting herself to be the reason of Seungho acceptance. “Me? Why?” she points at herself.

 

“I’ve seen your previous work before so, I was impressed a lot especially after watching Sincerity. I was crying so bad that the next day, I can’t open my eyes,” The rest of them are nodding their head as if they’re in agreement of the words. Then, Siwan started to shares his favourite scene in some of the films that she acts making another fellow actor excited. Their constant praises and amusement cause heat to creeps up on Hyejin’s face.

 

“You should stop it; it was nothing really. I look like I act well because of the other actors and staff,” The remarks earn lots of complain from everyone in disagreeing on what she said.

 

“Your acting is really good; you should be proud when people compliment you. Also, any actors would be very happy to work with you,” Jungmin said while patting her back. Hyejin who has no longer will to fight decides to go along with the flow. Why must she fight back if it’s good? Still, she wants to add on something. “I owe a lot of my acting to Soohyun hyung, he taught me many tips and gave advices when I started acting. I was lucky to have him as my first partner.”

 

The men don’t retort or protest, silently all of them agree. Kim Soohyun is an amazing actor with many successes in his biography. Lucky indeed. “Okay, everyone! Rest time is up! Let’s practice.” All of them groan simultaneously, not ready for another intense training. reluctantly they stand up and run to practice.

 

……

 

Hyejin walks back to the van after the practice session with a light jog. She has other things she wants to do at the studio and she isn’t sure that staying longer than necessary would allow her to complete the editing. Teddy will hundred percent scold her if he finds out she’s planning to stay at the studio late at night.

 

Well, Woomin isn’t in agreement with her work ethic either but what can he do? It’s not like she’s a little kid anymore. She’s a grown person. Hyejin silently sit in the car while watching other passing by from the window. She slowly let out a sigh at the night view. There aren’t any stars tonight.

 

Seoul might be a beautiful city but the pollution is a huge hinderance to her eyes. Tonight, in particular it seems that the sky won’t let her see any stars. YG building gets clearer in view as the van fast approaching the building.

 

Woomin finally stop the car when they reach the basement. Hyejin give her thank to him before make her way to the studio. She supposes no one would be there around this time except for several people that she knows.

 

She opens the door to see a very much empty and clean studio. Seems like no one use this studio today. The studio usually never gets empty especially with the producers in the company love staying in the building but maybe not today. They probably had a break for today. That’s them not her. She has songs to edit.

 

She puts down her bag at the long couch and sit at the chair in front of the computer. She opens the file containing last week recording and starts editing. Most of the time when she’s editing, Teddy and the other producers will be with her but she is fine working by herself. She insisted before that she would involve in every progress of their music and no one can stop her.

 

Time passes by as her hand movement gets quicker and her ears attentively listen to the recording. A pout become visible at the girl face as she continues editing. 'There is harmonization that doesn’t sounds great. We need to do it again'. She silently goes through the entire song and take note at parts that requires a change.

 

“Why are you here?” a voice says from behind her. In shock, Hyejin immediately turns around to see the owner of the voice. There is Teddy standing with a bottle of water in his hand and from head to toe in black clothes. Hyejin scoffs at the fashion choice. Why am I not surprised?

 

“Editing,” she says and turn back to the screen computer.

 

“At three in the morning?” he asks, clearly displeases with her.

 

It’s already three? Hyejin look at her watch and sees the clock. Time travel faster than she thought. She sheepishly looks back at Teddy who is not amused to find her there. “Well, then why are you here?”

 

“I left my tumbler here and apparently manage to find a person too,” he sarcastically says and plop himself on the couch.

 

Hyejin turns the chair around to look at him. He doesn’t look mad instead he just stays there, staring at her. A sigh left his mouth as he closes his eyes and lean back his head. “Tell me when you done and we can talk about improvising if there’s any.”

 

“Are you going to stay at here?” she asks completely weirded out by his behaviour.

 

“Of course, because I’m kicking you out from this studio when it’s 6 o clock so, you better hurry up young lady,” he threatens her jokingly although a hint of seriousness present in his tones. At that words, Hyejin turns back at the screen and continue editing.

 

Teddy stares at the girl’s back as he opens one of his eyes. She’s working too hard. It’s not a secret that Hyejin prefer staying in the studio more than her own home. If Hyejin can’t be found, there’s a 90% chance that she’s in the studio. Sometime, she’s not even recording or editing instead she’ll be writing songs or composing beat by herself. Silently working in the corner with her notebooks and pencil box.

 

The girl in front of her is an artist that born to in this industry. She’s that perfect but he can’t help worrying over her. She’s just a perfect artist not as a human being. Even worse when sometime he can’t see her emotion. It’s a wonder how such an amazing actress, the one that shows thousands of emotions on screen look like have none of that in real life.

……

 

 

Hyejin push in her house passcode before entering. A house with a lack of sign human living in it. When building the house, she has left the first floor for her cars and a practice room and only completely use the second floor as her living space. It isn’t particularly a large house but big enough to have one guest bedroom and a walk-in wardrobe.

 

There’s also a small study room where she puts in her keyboard and other recording stuff. That however isn’t what she uses the most in the house. Her bookcase is the most frequents place she’s been in the house. She always drops by the house and take a book with her before leaving.

 

Hyejin go to the bathroom to take a shower and changes her clothes before once again leaving the house. She closes her door and put on her shoes before walk downstair to her car. She has a meeting with the director and writer to discuss about their outfit choices. There are several endorsements that we need to include in the outfit list so, they need to have a discussion.

 

Hyejin will be driving herself to the location since Woomin have something he need to do. The company usually won’t let the artist go to their official schedule by themselves but of course there’s a need for an exception. Besides that, it’s not exactly an official schedule. As long as the fan won’t caught her, she’s fine.

 

She parked her car in the basement and walk to the elevator. Choi Hei, her stylist texted her that she had arrived after getting her coffee fix. She stands next to a man and continue to pay her attention to her phone while waiting for the lift.

 

“Is the phone much better than conversing with me?” Hyejin jump a little at the sudden voice. She looks around to see a very familiar face these days.

 

“Hi to you too, Baekhyun-shi,” she glares at the intruder playfully. Baekhyun chuckle slightly at the response and gives a huge grin to her.

 

Right on the moment, the elevator arrives and the door open. She steps inside first followed by Baekhyun and his manager. Baekhyun stands next to her and no one mutters a word. Hyejin gaze at the reflection in the mirror and notice his expression. His face is stoic almost like he’s in distress. Looks like something is disturbing him.

 

Before she can ask him, if he’s alright the doors already open. She steps outside and walk to the meeting room. She knocks the door and see their stylist already there with the director and writer. None of them says anything as they walk inside. Before they could take a breath, the meeting begins.

 

……

 

“Do you think that it will suit better if he wears black buttons up or white? And should he wear high boots or not something else?” Baekhyun’s stylist says as she points out the catalogue in on the table.

 

“Maybe a white one because Hyejin will be wearing white so, it will be amazing if they start to match.” Choi Hei answers as she looks at Hyejin’s clothes choices.

 

“I love that, and maybe at the beginning they should wear a complete opposite colour so that it can shows their contrast personality,” the writer, Yang Eun Sook says. Adding her opinion as the discussion develop.

 

Hyejin silently listen to their conversations while looking at the catalogue and some design that her stylist had suggest. She is used in taking part in the costumes and wardrobe before including her previous project and tours a lot so, that everything that she wears will not be out of concept and match perfectly. The participant in front of her also contributes a lot although she can’t help but to notice the slight tension on his face sometimes. Hyejin take a glance at him again and see the tightness at his jawline.

 

Hyejin never love to in other people’s business especially to a person she barely knows or are they friends already? Are they close enough to ask what happened to each other? Well, practicing together at night should mean they are friend, right? Who in their right mind would even lays down together with a stranger in the middle of the night anyway? So, they’re friend, right?

 

“Hyejin, what do you think about this?” the sudden question from Hei breaks her thought. Everyone in the room is looking at her, waiting for an answer.

 

“That’s a great design but maybe we can take it in different colour like brown? It will look better,” Hyejin could barely know what they’re talking about and just blurts out what she saw. A Clothe in dark green? Just change it to another colour without knowing the context. How embarrassing. Whatever as long as I don’t look stupid.

 

The answer seems to satisfies everyone as they go back to the discussion. Hyejin take a deep breath at the attention shift. She opens her eyes to see a pair of eyes looking at her. Both of them won’t look away from each other instead they continue staring at each other.  It feels like his eyes are tracing her face in wonder. Hyejin return the same energy as his gaze and properly stare at his feature. Unkowingly, a subtle tension slowly rises as the eye-contact continue.

 

“Baekhyun would look dashing in this,” at the mention of the later name, they break their gazes away from each other.

 

Hyejin pays her attention back to the meeting. Not wanting any more unnecessary thought disturbing her anymore.
 

……

 

 

Hyejin walks inside the gym, noticing that the lights are already on. She can see Baekhyun practicing and barely acknowledging her going inside except for the slight hi. His entire body looks tense as he continues swinging the rapier. Hyejin preps herself to start and take one last look at him before focusing on herself.

 

Wrong. She can’t focus at herself.

 

Baekhyun has been relentlessly practicing nonstop with a very short break. Too short in her opinion. He’s going nonstop and the sounds that coming out from his mouth gets rougher each time. He’s moving like a mad man and Hyejin gets tires out looking at him. She takes her water bottle and sits down on the floor while Baekhyun keep on going.

 

“Baekhyun-shi” she calls him. The man didn’t stop moving instead he continues as if he don’t hear her calling him. Hyejin rolls her eyes at the action. Either its intentional or not, she is piss off.

 

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun!” she shouts his name in irritation. Baekhyun stops at the scream and turns to look at Hyejin. Hyejin that clearly not impress with his unwavering practice.

 

“What?” his voices plainly lace with annoyance. Taking note of the mood, Hyejin gently says his name and pat down to the space next to her, gesturing him to sit down.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head, refusing to rest, “It’s okay. I still want to practice.”

 

Hyejin clucks her tongue at the rejection, “No one will die if you won’t stop practicing except for yourself at this rate. Just sit down.”

 

Baekhyun reluctantly looks at her. He’s hesitation doesn’t go unnoticed by Hyejin. She stares down at him; a look that she gives when people won’t listen to her and gesture her head to the, asking him to sit down. Seeing her persistent and her stern words and expression, he finally sits down next to her and reaches for the bottle that Hyejin gives. A moment of silence comes where none of them says anything. Just them enjoying the ambiance.

 

“Did anything happen?” she asks breaking the quietness.

 

“Just having one of those times,” he says before sipping in his drink.

 

“What time? Period time?”

 

Baekhyun chokes up on his drink and start coughing. Hyejin laugh so loud at his reaction and continue laughing until her stomach hurt a little. When his coughing starts to subsides (and he’s sure he won’t die), He stares at the girl who’s laughing slowly cease. The look of disbelief is so prominent on his face that Hyejin is about to burst into another round of laughing but she controls herself.

 

“I’m sorry. That must shock you a lot. I won’t do that again,” she says, still with a smile on her face.

 

“It’s okay, as long as I won’t die. I thought I’m going to die choking on water while hearing a period joke,” she cackles at the thought.

 

They both relatively collected themselves after throwing jokes at each other. As calmness slowly taking over, Hyejin clears up ; drawing in the man attention, “I don’t know what you going through, but things won’t stay at one place and it will pass by eventually. Not everything requires a solution and sometimes not doing anything give you the answer you need.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes turn soft at the advice. He doesn’t expect her to do that after cracking jokes with him. He stares at her, not saying anything. Feeling the gaze on her, Hyejin quickly rambles, “Well, what I’m trying to say is cheer up. Uhm, yeah! Cheer up. So, cheer up and take care of yourself.”

 

Baekhyun don’t mind the sudden rambles. He gets what she’s trying to say and he truly appreciates it. Before Hyejin get onto another round of ramblings, Baekhyun quickly says, “I get it. I’m sorry if I make you worry about me,”

 

“It’s okay. Everyone has one of those time in their life. They just hiding it,” she says, assuring him.

 

“Like period time?” he cheekily says and earn a slap at his shoulder but he takes no offense. Both of them are laughing with huge smiles on their face. The empty gym resonates with the sound of their laughter.

 

“Anyway, I’m just looking over you or else I won’t have a male lead anymore,” she says once her voices manage to comes out without getting interrupted by her laughing although the smile stay on her face.

 

Baekhyun slides his hand to the back, moving his body backwards a bit. “Let’s look over each other,” he says casually.

 

“Should we?” Hyejin teasingly says as she raises her eyebrows.

 

“Of course! We are training buddy. We have too,” he says nonchalantly but with a smile on his face.

 

Hyejin doesn’t say anything at him and just nods. She lays herself down on the floor and start staring at the ceiling. That’s what they are. A friendship. A friendship that starts by training together. She hears ruffling at the side and turn her head to look.

 

Baekhyun is on the floor, lying down beside her. Their eyes lock at each other and both won’t break it too. Tension doesn’t rise at this time instead just silence and understanding fills in their heart even with neither saying anything. The bustling and the noise of the city they live in, the chaos world that they both surviving in, they found a silence for each other.

 


 

Happy birthday to BBH. 

I hope he finds someone that he can rely on and love with all his hearts just like the BBH in this fic.