Part 3: Bad luck

[JinJoo] One and Only

3 years later

 

Yujin’s P.O.V

“Unnie, it’s rain!”, Yena unnie is too focusing on the sand castle what we are creating in this construction site near our school.

Why are we outside here in class time? Yeah, this is the first time I skip class. My teacher often tell mom that I usually unfocus in class, don’t want to study. Maybe people think that I was lazy, I didn’t understand things, but in fact it’s so easy, I have nothing to study, all of that homeworks, exercises are not challenging, I always finish them in a blink of an eye. Teacher and parents are uncomfortable because of my attitude, but they can’t blame me so much, I’m always get high score. Although I’m not interest in class, I have just skipped school once and it’s today. But what is the different? If I was in class now, I would be also not studying.

Yena unnie is just like me, she don’t wanna study, but from the start, she have never been out of the top students . In our school Yena is the most famous because of naughty, skipping class and making her parents invited. But everybody love Yena, she is always joy and fresh, full of energy and nice to people, ... although she is the trouble maker. With special lips look like duck, and sly, funny talks from that, no one can refuse the cuteness and get angry with Yena.

“Who cares the rain, I’ve not finished the guard tower”, Yena unnie answer calmly.

“We will get wet, maybe sick!”, dad and mom will kill me this time.

“Haha! Coward! You just hide the rain from there and watch me finish the castle. This will be the place princess Yena kill the evil dragon and rescue the hostage princess.” Aigoo, let’s see, she dare to look down on me?

“No unnie, princess Yujin is the one to do that.”

“Do you want to take the rain? Haha”

“Of course! I came here follow your enticement, I can’t quit halfway.”

“That’s princess Yena’s true best friend, princess Yujin.”

“Yeah, true best friends to live and die together!”

 

Minju’s P.O.V

“Goodnight, Minju”, kiss my check before bedtime is my mom daily routine.

“Have a good night too, mom! But I feel so excited, maybe I can’t sleep tonight”, I kiss her back.

“Try to sleep, we have to get up early. You are the one who wants us to go before the sunrise, darling”, she make a goodbye smile and get out the room.

After so many times mom and dad break their promise that they will take me to Seoul, maybe I really can go there this time. They are always busy. I don’t blame them for not spending time with me, but for so many promise they can’t perform because of tons of unexpected business.

Tonight will be so hard for me to sleep, I’m so looking forward to it. I will stay at Seoul with Yuri family this Saturday and Sunday. Her house is so big, enough for 4 families to get in and there’s still extra space. It’s lucky because her parents invited us to stay in their house instead of renting room outside, I can play with her more.

But maybe what worries me the most is that if I can meet Yujin again. I will go to that park on Sunday morning, I hope she is still waiting for me. Am I believing a fairy tale? It will be a miracle if I can see her there. I shouldn’t hope too much, I’m the one disappeared without a word, so if I can’t meet her, it would be a normal thing.

Why am I making the matter so important? I don’t know. Although I’ve just met her once, I always want to meet her more.

I miss Yujin. I always miss Yujin.

 

3rd person’s P.O.V

“Please give me 6 doses of cold and fever medicine!”, a young woman goes in the drugstore and speaks.

“Hey! Hello Yujin’s mom! You want to buy some medicine too? Yujin get sick too?”, another woman who just be inside there a few minutes greats.

“Hello, Yena’s mom! Yena surely get sick too, isn’t she? Haha! Yujin tell me that she and her best friend skipped the class together, they didn’t care the rain. Aigoo! I’m so speechless with this kids! They have to be sick for not doing that again”, Yujin mom’s replies.

“Haha! They are just kids, but i’m sure they had fun together! Do you thing some illness can stop them and make them stay in one place? They still make another trouble for sure”, Yena’s mom laugh.

“You are spoiling them! Your Yena always entices my daughter, she is just like her mother. Haha!”

“Your Yujin also can refuse my daughter too, so it not only because of Yena. She start skipping class now! Haha! Bad kid! But fortunately, they have found friends that really well suited with them, I hope they can grow up well together too.”

“I’m happy too, they are maybe naughty but surely know how to take care of each other. They are smart and clever, so it will be not so much problems. I just hope that they won’t make something more terrible than this. I’m tired enough!”

“You are right. Just like this is enough to make my head so overwhelmed, I will die if it will be more! Haha!”

“Here is your medicine! Remember to get sure they would take it after each meal, and don’t let them do anything that cause consuming so much energy. It is better make them stay in home until they cured”, the pharmacist give 2 prescription to the mothers.

After that, 2 women paid, went out together and said goodbye to each other.

 

Yujin’s P.O.V

Today is Sunday, I have to go to the park. She will appear, maybe.

It’s 3 years since I have met Minju for the first time, and the last too. She said she would go there every Sunday morning, and I have not skipped just a single time.

But she didn’t appear, she didn’t go there like what she promised.

So why do I always go there, for what? Haiz! I don’t know, I just wanna see her. I very very want to meet her.

Maybe she didn’t want to be friends with me, she just lied that time.

It’s also Minju can’t go there because of something I don’t know, I always tell that to myself and try to believe in her. I feel that she was honestly.

 “Yujin-ah! Yena call you”, mom come to my bed and give me the phone.

“Thank you, mom”, I take the phone and feel happy because that Duck is sick but don’t forget her friend.

“Annyeong! Yena unnie? It’s me, Yujin!”

“Annyeong Poppy! My mom don’t let me go to the park with you today. I can go, I feel so well, but mom said that I was still having a fever. Huhu!”, Yena unnie speak from the other side.

“Nae. Maybe my mom also don’t let me to go there”, I pout and give my mom a glance.

“No! No park! You are still having fever. But if you are not, you will not allowed because of skipping class”, mom give me an answer for that glance.

“Are you ok? Don’t go to the park once is ok? I bet that Minju is so pretty to make this Poppy go there weekly and wait for a long time although she always disappointed to leave after”, that Duck is teasing me again.

“It’s ok! She don’t go there too. Why can I not skip once?”

“But Yujin-ah, unnie have a premonition that Minju will appear today. I don’t know her, I’ve never met her, it’s just I feeling that”, Yena unnie suddenly make me choke.

“No, unnie. It’s nothing like that. She will not come”, I reassure myself.

“Yeah, no. How can my premonition is exact? We’re not go there for one week, it’s ok. Let’s go together next time!”

“Thank you for always going there with me, my true best friend.”

“Haha! No Yujin, you are dreaming! There is a cute Hamster in that park sometime. So I just want to be lucky sometime too. Annyeong, I’m hanging up!”

“Hamster? What’s that, unnie? Tell me!”

“...”, this Duck hanging up fast, it’s so suspect.

But I hope it just a nonsense premonition of Yena, nothing will be like that. Haiz! I want to go to the park. T T

I miss Minju. I always miss Minju.

 

Minju’s P.O.V

“Minju-ah! Let’s go home! You’ve been here all the morning and you ate 3 ice creams but no one came!”, although Yuri is saying in a blame voice, she is sad for me too.

I’m so thankful because she come here with me. We stay far from each other but we always keep contact, tell about everything in life and share them.

“Yeah! Let’s go home, Yuri-ah! I’m sorry for taking you here!”, I reply.

“No problem, it’s 3 years, you always want to go here, I will share everything with you. But maybe Yujin didn’t come here and wait for you too many times. You even didn’t make it twice. Maybe she forgot about you.”

“Maybe. But I don’t want her to forget me. I miss her so much”, my tears start falling, I think that they have wanted to fall for a long time.

I see Yuri start crying too!?!? So cute. Thank you, Yuri-ah!