chapter 4: coming of age movie

Girls Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Remind me why we're here again? " 

" Because my dear, Minju, you are the sacrificial lamb. " 

Minju gulped, her grip on the ladder that Yena gave her tightened. She was now standing in front of the Ahn's residence as per Yena and Chaewon's request. Mrs. Ahn changed her mind about Yujin going out with her friends tonight. Yujin told her parents that she would stay at Wonyoung's house because the latter's parents were out for an important family business, but the two of them had a fight, and Yujin went home sulking like a little child. With that said, Mrs. Ahn didn't let Yujin go out anymore because their daughter refused to tell them what happened with Wonyoung. 

But of course, Yujin will still find a way to disobey her parents' orders just like any other healthy teenager. The puppy asked her friends to pick her up from her house discretely as possible. Yujin was hurt deeply by Wonyoung's clear rejection of her feelings. It's not the first time it happened, but it still hurt nonetheless. Thus, Yujin shoved her wounded ego to the deepest part of her being and decided to have a blast with her friends. She thought that maybe it would divert her attention from Wonyoung, even just for the night. 

" Come on, Minju. " Chaewon slammed her hands on the wheel of her convertible Range rover. She was the assigned driver for the night since Yena doesn't have her car with her. " We don't have all day, you know. " 

" Don't rush me, unnie! " Minju pouted. " The two of you literally bullied me into doing this ridiculous thing! " the girl huffed. " And besides, what if Yujin's parents caught us helping their daughter escape their house? That's like the worst thing that could happen to us right now. " 

" Kim Minju, we're giving you an opportunity to be with Yujin, and you're flaking out on us. " Yena clicked her tongue in annoyance. " She's probably waiting for you by the window. " 

" Fine. " Minju admits defeat. It's not like she can go against Yena and Chaewon anyway. " But can you do me a favor and not tease me about liking Yujin? I don't want to make her uncomfortable. " 

Chaewon smiled fondly at the girl. She thinks Minju had become more mature lately. " You don't have to worry about that." 

Minju felt a lot better when she was reassured that her friends wouldn't make the atmosphere weird between her and Yujin. She just wants to have fun with them. No hidden agendas whatsoever. She trod lightly on the Ahn's lawn and crouched her way to the left side of the house until she figured out where Yujin's room is. Her arms were sore from carrying the ladder, but Minju was determined to get Yujin out of their house despite her hesitance at first. When she looked up, the window in Yujin's room was shut close. Minju started to worry if Yujin was aware that they were already there to pick her up. 

" Should I text her first that I'm already here? " Minju nibbled on her lips as she types a message to Yujin. It caught her off guard when she heard a loud bang followed by a whimper that sounded like from a human. Her first instinct was to look up at Yujin's window, which is wide open now. Her eyes traveled down to the shrubs where Yujin is currently lying in pain. 

Minju could have sworn that the same thing already happened before. She hurried to Yujin's aid but then again, Minju doesn't know how to help the younger girl. 

" Why did you jump out of your window, Yujin! Are you crazy?! " Minju half-whispered, half-shouted. She cautiously looked around the area to see if Yujin's parents heard the commotion outside. 

" You guys took so long to get here. I thought you ditched me or something. " Yujin groaned. She thinks she broke her spine like a light stick for the second time, but she was still breathing, so she thinks that the fall was not that bad. 

" Will you stop jumping from ridiculous heights? " Minju kneeled and put a hand on Yujin, who was still lying on the shrubs like a dead raccoon. " I know your body is ridiculously tough, but I'm worried that you might actually kill yourself. " 

Yujin snorted and looked up to meet Minju's eyes. She had something to tell the older girl. Yujin realized that she doesn't want Minju or anyone to feel the same way as Wonyoung made her feel. Yujin had no control over Minju's affection for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter