chapter 2: deez nuts

Girls Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The number of people who came to the table where Wonyoung was sitting and asked her questions like," Yujin sure is a cute dog. ", " What do you feed her? ", " Does she bite? " made Wonyoung want to bash her head on the table, softly, of course. She has a pretty face. There's no way she would do something terrible to it.

 Sure, Wonyoung likes to think that she is Yujin's owner, but all Wonyoung wanted was a peaceful and quiet lunch together with her best friend. 

But Yujin makes it difficult for it to happen. Yujin was happily eating her food, completely ignoring Wonyoung and the students who watched her like she's the main act on the circus. Wonyoung took her Chanel handkerchief inside her purse and wiped the crumbs on Yujin's mouth. 

" Are you that hungry? " Wonyoung asked the other girl beside her. The number of wrappers from protein bars and various candies is starting to pile up on Yujin's side of the table. 

" Yup. " Yujin replied as she pursed her lips towards the untouched Montecristo sandwich on Wonyoung's plate. " Are you going to finish that? " 

" Take it. I'm not that hungry anyway. " Wonyoung lied. She wants to eat the sandwich, but she let Yujin have it because she asked so nicely. 

" Sweet! " Yujin beamed and took a bite immediately. " Why is that other people's food is always tastier than the ones you have. " 

Wonyoung rested her head on her hand and met Yujin's gaze. " People are naturally greedy. Something about taking other's possession must be thrilling for them, I guess. " 

" I like it when you talk like that. " Yujin munched on her sandwich. " When we were kids, I always thought you are the most intelligent person I know. My opinion about you still stayed the same. "

" Give me a break. " Wonyoung furrowed her eyebrow to hide the fact how much she liked hearing from Yujin that she was the most intelligent person she knew. She reached over for Yujin's face, took a single crumb on the corner of her lips, and flicked it somewhere. " I can sense you are sweet talking to me into something, Yujin. You're acting kinda sus. " 

" How does she know? " Yujin thought to herself. Her eyes wandered on the other girl's lips." God, I want to kiss her. " 

" What, so I cannot give you compliments anymore? " Yujin whined. " Wonyoung, you're so hard to please. " 

Wonyoung chuckled." I won't be Jang Wonyoung if I am not difficult. " 

" You're right. " Yujin nodded in agreement. " I guess I have to work hard. " She mumbled these words under her breath. It was words of affirmation rather than a reply. Winning Wonyoung's affection is harder than beating the final level of PACMAN. But Yujin still wants to try. She finished her sandwich within a few minutes and tapped her stomach contentedly. " I could eat some greek yogurt for dessert. I will literally die out of joy if I have one right now." 

" Do you want me to buy one for you- " Wonyoung offered, but their Minju unnie suddenly appeared in front of them and placed Yujin's favorite brand of Greek yogurt on the table. Minju had a tight-lipped smile as she sat across her friends. 

" Here. You can have this, Yujinnie. " 

" Minju unnie! " Wonyoung called. " Have you eaten lunch yet? Where are the others? " 

" They're coming already," Minju replied. She looked in Yujin's direction, but the younger girl turned her head to avoid eye contact with her. Minju told Yuri that she would try to get Yujin to talk to her, but it's easier said than done. 

Wonyoung noticed Yujin's sudden disinterest when Minju came. It was unusual for Yujin not to talk Minju's ears off when the two of them have a close relationship. She grabbed the yogurt that Minju gave and let it touched Yujin's cheeks. " Good thing Minju unnie gave you her yogurt for free. You have to thank her. " 

Wonyoung jumped from her seat when Yujin stood up without warning. " I'm full. " Yujin said without looking back at Minju and Wonyoung. " Jihoon and Sungchan asked me to play Super Mario Party with them, so I have to go. I'll see you later, Wonyoung! " 

" BUT YOU SAID YOU WANT ONE! " Wonyoung shouted, but Yujin ran like her life depended on it and reached the exit within three seconds. Wonyoung could only scoff in disbelief. Yujin could really run. 

" You can have it back, unnie. " Wonyoung said. " I bet she had a stomach ache with all the food she ate earlier." The younger girl watched Minju roll up the sleeves of her button-up shirt and tie her hair into a ponytail. The bunny noticed the fire in Minju's eyes as she took a deep breath before placing her bag on the table. 

" Can you watch my stuff for me, Wonyoungie? " Minju asked. 

" Sure. " Wonyoung rested a hand on her face. " But where are you going, though? Are you picking up a fight with Yujin? " 

" Sort of." Minju chuckled. Just like what she told Yuri, she would get Yujin to talk to her again. Nothing would happen if Minju would do nothing about her situation and have Yujin ignore her. Minju is a nice person, but she's not dumb to let herself be treated like that. 

Wonyoung got the gist of what's happening between the two of her friends. Thanks to Yuri and her woman intuition, Wonyoung pieced together the puzzle without having to ask neither of her friends about their conflict. " Just don't hit her face, okay? I'm pretty attached to it. " 

" Me too. " 

Before Wonyoung could say anything, Minju ran as fast as she could. Wonyoung was left alone in the cafeteria with the yogurt that nobody wanted. 

" Well, of course, you like her face too. " Wonyoung mumbled to herself, unaware of the fact that she was pouting while opening the yogurt for herself. " Stupid Yujin and her stupid face. "

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter