chapter 3: teenage dream

Girls Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wonyoung tries her best not to sock Yujin in her face while she browses her Vogue magazine. Her parents had to leave because they were called abruptly to a family meeting in their grandparents' house. Of course, Mr. and Mrs. Jang asked their daughter if she wants to come with them, but Wonyoung declined, saying that it's too far and she just wanted to rest. Mrs. Jang suggested that Wonyoung should call Yujin to accompany her so that they can leave without worrying about their daughter being alone by herself. The bunny nodded to every reminder that her parents told her just to reassure them. She even promised that she would not set foot outside their house until her parents come back.

Mr. and Mrs. Jang never doubted Wonyoung. After all, Wonyoung is a very responsible child and will not do anything that might cause trouble. But what Mr. and Mrs. Jang didn't know is that Wonyoung is also highly secretive. When the news about having a beer bust in the woods, Wonyoung had kept shut about the agenda. The first thing she noticed once she got home was her father looking back and forth to his watch. 

Wonyoung then speculated that her Dad was leaving. Her Mom, on the other hand, was wearing a different perfume. It's the perfume she wears whenever she goes out of town. If she let her parents know about the beer bust, they will make Wonyoung come with them to her grandparents' house. So she stayed quiet, acted like she will miss her parents terribly, and put on the poutiest baby face as she bid goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Jang. 

Wonyoung succeeded. She took the rare opportunity of her parents leaving to join her friends to have fun. Unfortunately, she missed out on the big party at Felix's. She would not miss this one too. 

Now that she had taken care of her parents, Wonyoung decided to relax and take it easy for the night. 

" You're so pretty. " Yujin said out of the blue and played with the tips of Wonyoung's hair.

Wonyoung pulled the magazine closer to her face. " What are you trying to do to me, Ahn Yujin? "  

" A lot of things. " 

Wonyoung dropped her magazine at Yujin's face, who was lying her head on Wonyoung's lap. Yujin covered her face and rolled over to the other side of the bed. 

" ert. " Wonyoung said and picked up her magazine again. " Anyway, what time will Yena unnie pick us up? " 

Yujin rubbed her eyes and crawled back to her original position on the bed. " Eight, I think. " 

" That reminds me... " Wonyoung took pity on Yujin's bloodshot eyes. She pulled Yujin closer to her and check on it. It's not as if she can do anything about it since the damage has been done, but Yujin seems to like it when Wonyoung takes care of her. " What happened earlier between you and Minju unnie? Did you guys talk? "

Yujin pursed her lips. It was evident in her face how much she didn't like talking about Minju, especially when she's with Wonyoung. But Yujin decided to come clean to her best friend at least because it also concerns her. She knows that Wonyoung will say something clever that will relieve Yujin's worries.

She reached for Wonyoung's face and cupped it with her hands. She was feeling brave, knowing that it's just her and Wonyoung. Having the girl all to herself was becoming a rare occasion with how much her friend group hangs out with each other frequently. Wonyoung met Yujin's gaze. She always liked Yujin's eyes. It always looked so bright and full of expression, but as she peered closer, Wonyoung saw her reflection. 

It was only her in the Yujin's eyes. She wanted it to stay that way. 

It made Wonyoung feel special, if not a bit happy. " Your face is too close. " Wonyoung said. " You better not try anything funny, Yujin. " 

Yujin did not give a snarky response, but instead, she kissed Wonyoung's nose and caressed her face. " Can I tell you something? " 

" What is it? "

" Remember Felix's party? " 

It's not like Wonyoung was waiting for Yujin to say it. She already knew. But she's anxious with how little her knowledge about what happened between them. 

" Minju unnie told me she likes me. " Yujin scoffed as she plopped her body on the bed, her legs hanging from the other side. " See, I always thought she liked someone else, but it's me! How ridiculous is that? " 

" Why? " Wonyoung pretended to be reinvested on the Vogue magazine. But the truth is that she stayed on the same page since Yujin came over to her house. " Aren't you glad that someone likes you? And it's Minju unnie too. '

Yujin's mouth set in a hard line. It's not the words she expects to hear from Wonyoung. " Seriously, that's it? " Yujin scoffed. " Is that all you're going to say? " 

Wonyoung's toes clenched. The sudden change in Yujin's voice irked her. " What more can I say? It's not like I can do anything about Minju unnie liking you. You're the one responsible for her feelings, not me. " 

Yujin sat up on the bed and looked at Wonyoung, who's still hiding her face with the magazine. " Aren't you a bit jealous or something? " 

" Why would I be jealous? " Wonyoung felt dry. 

 " Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. "

" It's not like we're dating or anything. You can date her if you like her. I always thought the two of you looked good together. I mean, it's obvious how much you like her, Yuj- " 

" Wonyoung, stop saying things like that! " 

" I ed up. " Wonyoung gave herself a smack in the head mentally. She kept running that she made Yujin lose her cool. Oh, she's ed for real. 

Yujin stood up from the bead. She was pacing back and forth in Wonyoung's room, trying to calm herself. She swears that she's not the type of person who gets mad quickly, but Wonyoung knows how to push her button. They're best friends, all right. 

" What are you trying to imply here, Wonyoung? " Yujin ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter