Surprise

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday – February 13th.
 
"What's cooking?"
 
"Oh. You're home," said Minju, turning to her mom who's standing by the door. "I bought a roasted chicken for dinner. Would you like to eat now?"
 
"Maybe a little later after I change." The older lady stretched her neck out in an attempt to see what's keeping her daughter busy. "What are you preparing?"
 
"Just umm... a little something for my team."
 
"Homemade chocolates?" her mom asked after getting a glimpse of the ingredients. "For your team, you said?"
 
Minju nodded. "Yeah."
 
"Valentine's present?"
 
"Yeah, something like that." Minju grabbed a bowl and started stirring a mixture into it. "I want to give them something special."
 
The older woman hummed. "I'm surprised that this is the first time you did that."
 
"It's for a change, mom. I need to treat them once in a while."
 
Minju's mom leaned on the door frame and folded her arms across her chest. "Seriously. Just tell me who the lucky guy is."
 
"Mom!" Minju turned away to hide her blushing face. "There's no guy, okay?"
 
"Whatever." Her mom chuckled. "I just hope your team will love that."
 
Minju just smiled to herself. Yep, she's hoping Sakura will love it.
 
---
 
Wednesday – February 14th.
 
There were flowers on the table already waiting for her when Minju came into the office. Some of them were from unknown admirers while some have names on them.
 
Of course, she always feels flattered receiving those. But it's not enough to win her. Truth is, she's wondering what could even win her.
 
Not too long the interns came in with Kaeun holding a bouquet in her hands. Minju met eyes with Jaehwan who looked at him with a coy smile.
 
Chani came in shortly and handed all the females in their team a long-stemmed red rose. He cringed in disgust when Minju joked he's the one she's been waiting for. It was a fun day because everyone was in the mood to give love. However, Minju can't keep her eyes away from the graphics department area from time to time.
 
Just one more day to go. One more day. Everything will be okay again tomorrow.
 
---
 
Minju is reading an article when the reception guard placed a box on her table.
 
"What's that?" she asked, looking up at him.
 
"For you." The guard tapped the top of the box.
 
"For me? From who?"
 
"I don't know." He looked at the papers in his hands. "A man delivered it just now. It says here it's from Honey..."
 
Minju's eyes widened.
 
"Honey?" Chani stood up from his chair. "Who's Honey, Minju?"
 
Minju shrugged. "I... I don't know."
 
The guard tapped the box one last time. "I'll leave it here, all right?"
 
Minju nodded and said her thanks before he left. That's when the confusion started creeping up inside her as she stared at the mysterious box.
 
It will be a lie if she would say she has no idea who the sender is. So far, she had used that endearment to one person only.
 
Could it be?
 
"Aren't you going to open it?" Chani motioned to the box.
 
Minju shook her. If her suspicion is correct, then she'd want to see that present all by herself only.
 
However, the box made quite a scandal that surely intrigued her colleagues.
 
"Let's look!" Kaeun poked the box. "Wow. It's light."
 
Hyewon went over to inspect the box too. "Honey? Just as I thought. You were hiding something from me."
 
"I didn't know that Ms. Minju has a boyfriend," said Kaeun.
 
"I didn't know that too, Kaeun, considering that I'm her best friend." Hyewon turned to Minju.
 
Chani eyed Minju skeptically. "Yeah. You knew all the things about us but you're keeping your secret from us, your friends?" He placed a hand on his chest and yowled. "Agh! It hurts!"
 
Feeling pressured, Minju brought her arms mid-air. "Guys, I don't have a boyfriend. Okay? You all know me. I don't even know who sent that."
 
"If you're saying that you don't know who the sender is then why don't we look what's inside?" said Chani.
 
"I second that motion," said Hyewon.
 
Minju glared at her audience in protest. But their glares are much more powerful than hers.
 
She exhaled in defeat.
 
Minju stood up, not feeling excited about this. She's nervous, afraid that the box might contain any clue of the sender's identity.
 
She opened the box nonetheless, with the audience at her back. Inside it, a bunny stuffed toy was looking up at them.
 
"It's so cute!" said Kaeun.
 
"Wait a minute. Is it just me or does it looks like Mrs. Minmin?" asked Chani.
 
"Yeah. It the same stuffed toy," said Hyewon.
 
"It's not the same stuffed toy," said Minju, smiling. "I think this is Mr. Minmin."
 
She picked up the toy and read the note attached to it.
 
'I guess he got a little lost on his way back to his wife. The long wait is over. He's finally home. - Honey'
 
"Kyaaaaaa!" Hyewon shook Minju's shoulders. "Who's Honey, Minju? Tell me!"
 
"I told you. I have no idea." Minju flipped the bunny stuffed toy that looked exactly like Mrs. Minmin except for the missing eyelashes. "This is indeed Mr. Minmin."
 
Kaeun picked up Mrs. Minmin. "Wee! Even Mrs. Minmin has a date today!"
 
Minju hugged Mr. Minmin to her chest.
 
"Whoever that guy is, I already like him." Chani nudged Minju.
 
"Why?" asked Minju, still not taking her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter