Chapter five

THE HEIRS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

It was the afternoon of the following day and the heirs were gathered in the lounging area of the Miyawaki agency building. Wonyoung and Yujin were upstairs in the meeting room, practicing for Yujin’s Olens commercial. The rest of the heirs, however, were sitting on the sofas in the lounging area, typing fiercely away at their laptops. Chaewon was currently organizing her business trip to Jeju Island in order to have a meeting with the Takeuchis, Minju was emailing her manager about their rising stock shares, meanwhile Yena, Yuri and Sakura watched an anime on Sakura’s laptop. 

 

Minju would look up every now and then to catch a glimpse of Chaewon. She took Chae’s adorable focused expression into account, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes glued to the screen. Minju didn’t know this, but Chaewon too, every now and then would glance at her. Whenever they locked eye contact with each other they looked away immediately and chuckled softly to themselves. Yesterday was definitely a turning point for them- it got them back on track, sort of. Whenever they were together in a group of people, the unwritten tension between them caused them to stay away from each other and talk to other people out of awkwardness. Ever since yesterday, they haven’t had the opportunity to be alone.

 

Minju admires how hard working Chaewon is. For someone who claims not to care much about business, she certainly puts a lot of effort in. Especially proven by her social skills and how it’s so easy for her to secure a business deal. Unlike Minju’s parents, Chaewon’s parents don’t seem to pressure her too much. It’s almost like her job just comes naturally to her and that’s why she doesn’t need to be pushed to do well in it. Minju, on the other hand, is only doing this because she has to. She has no choice. If it was her choice, she would much rather be a normal school girl, who didn’t have her family on her back the whole time.

 

“My hotel in Jeju Island just reopened,” Chaewon broke the silent, laborious atmosphere. 

 

“It’s completely refurbished?” Sakura sounded from her slouched position.

 

“Yeah, I need to go there in a few weeks to greet the Takeuchis. They’re funding our hotel,” Chaewon replied.

 

--

 

“Wonyoung-ah I literally can’t do this,” Yujin groaned.

 

“Unnie you can’t just stand there during the commercial! This is why I’m teaching you all these poses,” Wonyoung ushered.

 

“I really wasn’t cut out for this,” Yujin said, sitting down on the floor.

 

Wonyoung walked over to her. “This is just the beginning, you’ll get better I promise.” She held her hand out for Yujin to take.

 

“Okay,” Yujin sighed. “I’ll give it one more shot.”

 

Wonyoung picked up her phone camera again and moved it closer to Yujin’s face.

 

“Unnie, just relax your eyes so that they look more captivating,” Wonyoung said.

 

It was almost as if Yujin had become miraculously good at it at that moment. She gazed into the camera with her smiling eyes. Wonyoung gulped at the sight of it but luckily her phone was blocking her face. 

 

“Okay, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter