chapter 11

after all these years

 

Y's POV

Finally she stopped struggling and calm herself down in my embrace. I loosen my tight hug and let her body go carefully after I made sure of myself that she would not ran away again. I turned her body to face mine.

“Sica, can we please talk? Let’s go outside, okay so we can talk better. Its too noisy here.”, I asked her with the voice as soft as possible.

She nodded her head and I took that as a yes sign. I guided both of ourselves to get out from the club and found a tiny bench to sit not far from it. I didn’t know how to start so I just sighed. We stared at each other for a moment, tried to read each other’s expression and maybe, tried to find if there is any love left for us. 

“You really want to be here with me? I am sure Hayoung would not be happy if you left her hanging alone at the club now.”, she chose to broke the silence by saying something in her sarcastic tone.

I shook my head. “No.. no.. Sica, there is nothing going on between me and Hayoung. She just happens to be here as Sooyoung’s guest and we were just chatting. I know our position is…. somewhat too close for your liking maybe. But trust me, nothing is going on.” 

She stared at me again as if trying to figure out whether I told her the truth or not.  

“It doesn’t matter.”, she let out a sigh. “Why would you even bother to explain about you and her anyway, I don’t care.. I am no-one to you. I mean…”, she looked away, avoiding my eyes.

I inhaled and exhaled a long breath. I have to be patience because I didn’t to be provoked by her words and got angry. Fighting with her here was the last thing that I wanted now. “Please, Sica. Do you really wanna fight here? Because I don’t.” I said to her as calm as possible. “And you…, you never be a ‘no-one’ to me. You are always… special.”

She lowered her head for moment and kept quiet, I tried to figure out what she was thinking.

“Sica.. I….”, I was about to say something but stopped. She looked at my eyes, patiently waiting about what I was going to say. I can feel my heart beat faster. I was about to say something that really going to hurt me, but I had to it. I was ready, I had to be ready. There is no turning back. But before I can say anything, she leaned closer and kissed me. I was quiet surprise of her sudden gesture. Oh my God, how this kiss will make me completely forget what I was going to say. I melted immediately when I felt her soft lips. I started to kiss her back for a second but I forced myself to pull away and I shook my head. I saw her gulped.

I let out a heavy sigh. “Please… please let me go.”, I begin,. I heard my own voice cracked.

I looked at her. Her eyes looked so… wistful and sad. But, strangely, I was pretty sure that I saw a glint of hope there.

Please Sica. If you really want me just fight for me. 

 “We can’t do this anymore. I can’t do this anymore. ”, I continued. “We need to let go. You need to let go of me. This thing…, always hold me back. I cant move forward. Its been years, but look at me now, look at us now. The thing that happened between us in Cannes, our fight…it makes me confuse, it makes me questioning everything about us. We need to end this, once and for all. Please just… let ‘us’ go.”

For once please just fight for me. For us.

“Sica…”, I said again. Confuse because she just silently watched and listened to me. “Say something..”

She cleared . “Are you done? Now let me talk and listen to me.”

 

J’s POV

I felt my heart flustered when she said that I was special to her. After all this time, her sweet words still have that effect on me.  I didn’t know where I got the courage, but when she opened , I just crashed my lips onto hers. Maybe I was scared of what she’s going to say so I just kiss her to shut her up. But of course, I miss her, I miss her so much, I miss her touch, I miss her kiss. When she kissed me back, I swear I can see fireworks everywhere eventhough I closed my eyes. But then she pulled back from the kiss, left me yearning for more.

She opened and finally let the words came out. “Please… please let me go.”, I can hear her voice cracked.

No. I don’t want to. I never want to.

She looked at me. I can see pain in her eyes. Funny she can drown me into her soul just by staring at me with her beautiful eyes. I feel like I wanted to hold her so badly.

“We cant do this anymore. I cant do this anymore. ”, she continued. “We need to let go. You need to let go of me. This thing…, always hold me back. I cant move forward. Its been years, but look at me now, look at us now. The thing that happened between us in Cannes, our fight…it makes me confuse, it makes me questioning everything about us. We need to end this, once and for all. Please just… let ‘us’ go.”

No. I want you to come back to me. Be mine again.

I just sat here, still staring blankly at her. She asked me to say something. I finally cleared my throat and ready to spill whatever I had to say. I knew what I wanted to say, I chose to face my fear. I was ready to risk everything that I have now.  “Are you done? Now let me talk and listen to me.”

I move closer to her. “Yes, you’re right. We just running in circles. We could not let go of each other. We cannot move on, well.. at least I have to be honest that I can’t move on.  These past 3 years, eventhough I never meet you and no matter how pain I felt everytime we met, not even once I can make you go away from my mind. No matter how hard I try to fight my feelings for you, it never went away and I hate it. I hate myself because I can’t stop myself for loving you. I pushed myself to forget about you so badly.”, I continued.

Her face hardened and I saw her hands clenched tighter, maybe she was holding back whatever emotions she was feeling right now. I took both of her hand and kissed it. “But I don’t want to anymore.”

She blinked. “What???”, she stared at me in disbelief.  My heart beat faster when I heard that words coming out from my lips. Ok, here it goes. This is the time that I will blurt out everything, my real feelings for her. This is my chance and I don’t care if I lose everything tonight.

“I gave up on you, three times. I let you go, three times. And I must be the dumbest person on earth because I did that three freaking times. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. Yul, please.. please come back to me. I will not let you go this time. Give me a chance, give us a chance again. Please. This time, we will make it right.. Please...”

I can’t believe I was that brave to do this, that I was actually doing this. I was holding Yuri’s hand, begging her to come back to me.