Day 4

Pillar of Hope

 

"Eomma, I never meant to leave!"

"Shut up you ungrateful child! You should go to hell for leaving me here,"

Eomma walked towards me from the other side of my old room with a metal cane in her hand and when she stood in front of me she said,

"Ungrateful !"

Then she started striking me with cane repeatedly and it stung. Stung in so much pain like it did a month ago. I couldn't take it. I screamed. She continued to hit me repeatedly and started kicking me. I curled up in a ball and bawled when I suddenly heard a familiar voice. 

 


"Haeun! Wake up!"

Suddenly I got up,drenched in sweat, tears and blood. It was Mingyu,in his nightwear like the last time I saw him. He hugged me tightly as I continued crying. I looked down at my arms which were covered in scratches with blood oozing out of them. 

"Haeun, what happened? Why are your arms this way? Explain everything,"

And I did. Every single detail of it. 

"Its okay I'm here for you. She's not here. I will protect you,"

He then carried me bridal style off the bed and out of the room. 

"Where are we going? Why did you wake me up?"

"We are heading to my room. I couldn't leave you to sleep in your own room so I decided to sleep on the floor in your extra bed and I heard you screaming in your sleep so I had to wake up to wake you up,"

Mingyu said, with eyes filled with worry. We reached a room and he kicked the door open and placed me on a soft bed fitted with black sheets. 

"Now to clean up your hands,"

Mingyu walked to a black cupboard located at the side of the bed and pulled out a first aid kit. He approached me and opened the box and took out a few things to treat my arms.

"I don't know how these scratches happen but it has occured a few times before,"

I said,while Mingyu was treating my wounds. He made brief eye contact with me before putting on plasters on my arms and kissing my hands. 

"I will find a way to help you. I just need time. I hate to see you this way,"

Mingyu said in between kisses. I swear my heart melted. 

He got off the bed and went to the cupboard and put the kit back. Afterwards, he pulled out a fox plushie from the cupboard and gave it to me. He sat beside me and pulled the black covers over me. He held the fox plushie in his hands and looked down at it. 

"This is the only memory I have of my older brother. My mom said he used to play with it a lot until he died of cancer and I never even got to see him,"

Mingyu said, with tears streaming down his face. He gave me the fox and I took it hesitatingly. He laid down beside me and hugged me. 

"As long as I live, I promise to not lose you both,"

I hugged him tightly and with that, we both fell asleep with the fox snuggled in between us. 

 



I woke up from my sleep and I noticed that my pillow was moving up and down, as if it were breathing. I looked to face Mingyu's peaceful sleeping face. So innocent. 

"Morning babe,"

He said, and his eyes fluttered open sleepily. I smiled and replied good morning as well. 

"Time to get up Gyu,"

"5 minutes more,"

He said, pulling me closer to him. 

"Fine,"

After somewhat 5 minutes, we got up and head to the toilet to freshen up. I splashed water onto my face and Mingyu stood beside me,s quirting toothpaste onto his toothbrush. He then started to brush his teeth when I thought of something. I took a palmful of water and splashed it on Mingyu's face. 

"Oh you wanna play like that?"

he challenged and took the shower head and started spraying me with it. I tried to block the water with my hands and it deflected of my hands and drenched Mingyu. 

"Babe we should stop,"

I said, whilst squeezing water out of my hair. We were both drenched from head to toe as if we had taken a shower together with clothes on. 

"Can I go to my room to shower?"

I asked, flapping my drenched shirt that kept sticking to my body. I could tell Mingyu was enjoying the view. 

"Kay,"

He held my hand and we walked out of the room together. After a few turns, we reached my room and I stepped into it. As I was about to close the door, Mingyu held the door open with his hand and said,

"Text me when you're ready..I'll pick you up for breakfast,"

"Sure,"

I replied and planted a brief kiss on his lips. His eyes widened in surprise and he let go of the door which I took as a chance to close it. 

 


 

After a nice cool shower, I put on an oversized tee and shorts and texted Mingyu to pick me up. I combed my hair and soon enough, I heard a knock on the door. 

"Babe, can I come in?"

"Yep, go ahead,"

The door swung open and revealed Mingyu. His hair, still wet from his shower, stuck to his forehead as he proceeded to dry his hair with a small black towel. He was wearing a black sleeveless shirt with some knee length shorts. 

"You sure love the colour black. Just like me,"

"I actually loved blue more initially.. but ever since you entered my life, I learnt to embrace the colour,"

I forced a smile. He chose to embrace a colour that I loved. He put me before himself. That goes into the book of reasons why I love Mingyu. 

When we reached the kitchen, a meal of pancakes and caramelised bananas appeared on the kitchen counter and two ladies dressed in maid outfits standing by the counter.  

"Sir, we already prepared the breakfast you requested for and cleaned the living room. May we start cleaning the rooms?"

"Yeah... Afterwards, you both may leave and take the rest of the day off,"

"Yes sir,"

I looked at Mingyu. He spoke with such politeness and respect for the two ladies. Unlike other rich people I've seen. Spolied brats. 

We walked to the food waiting for us. I smiled at the food and ate a bite of banana and pancake. My eyes rolled to the heavens. It was so smooth that it felt like it melted in my mouth. I proceeded to gobbling up my food and in about 5 minutes, I had wiped the plate clean. I noticed that Mingyu hadn't touched his pancakes and was staring at me eating. 

"Why are you staring at me eating like a pig? I'm horrendous,"

"It's attractive. Your love for food,"

"Well you need to eat cause I need to go for dance practice in an hour and I don't know how to get there from here,"

"You dance? You never told me,"

Mingyu said with a pout. I rolled my eues at his cuteness. I held his face in my palms and looked him in the eye. 

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I thought you would humiliate me,"

"Hell no and you're forgiven,"

"I'll go upstairs to get ready,"

 



I put on my usual black shirt and black sweatpants with a red flannel tied around my waist. I tied my hair in a ponytail nearer to the right side of my head. I heard someone knock on the door and one of the maids asked politely,

"Maam, may we enter to clean the room?"

"Sure! Come in,"

I replied a little to enthusiastically. 

"Were you both the ones who helped set up this room?"

"Yes maam,"

"Thank you so much for creating such a perfect room,"

I said, and hugged both of them. 

"By the way, you don't have to call me maam.. I prefer being called Haeun,"

"Okay we will call you that if you wish,"

Both of them smiled at me sweetly and walked to the bed which was stained with blood. They looked at the stains with shock. 

"I had a bad dream and scratched myself,"

"Oh my,"

"Yeah. By the way what are your names?"

"I'm Hyoyeon and she is Yemin,"

"I need to go now,"

"Bye Haeun,"

they both said simultaneously as I left the room with my bag consisting of a towel, waterbottle and extra clothes. 

 



After finding directions to the dance studio, we went to his garage. My jaw dropped to the floor as my eyes shifted towards the red Ferrari. 

"You owned a Ferrari? Why do you still take the bus to school?"

"Yes I do own this but my parents told me not to show it off too much. Also the reason why I don't drive this to school. Too much attention,"

he replied, while opening the passenger door for me. I stepped into the car and a the smell of expensive leather filled my nose. Mingyu closed the door and walked to the driver's seat and as he did so,the shutters to his garage slowly opened. After a few seconds, Mingyu drove out of the mansion and onto the main road. 

 



"Hey Haeun! Who is that?"

asked Junhui and Minghao as I entered the class. Both of them were the chinese members of my dance crew and honestly they were the kindest and friendliest. 

"Yeah, who's the new guy?"

asked Hyeran, the co-leader of my crew. She took all 10 of us under her wing and trained us to what we are now alongside Seungcheol, her boyfriend also known as the leader. 

"This is Mingyu. My boyfriend,"

 



A/N:

CLIFF HANGER! COS WHY NOT>_<

Here's a long chapter (sort of) for you guys! Thank you so much for reading my story and subscribing to this kinda crap story and supoorting me!!:)) I think this will be the 2nd last chapter I will update before I have my finals so please bear with me(´-﹏-`;)
Please do leave comments below so I get input on how to write my story!! Till the next time~