C H A P T E R 005 // Meeting Sungmin

A Place Called Home

THE NEXT MORNING

Phuong woke up yawning.  Then she found herself lying on TOP’s chest with his arms around her. She opened her eyes wide open and fell off the bed.
“Huh?” TOP said as he heard a loud ‘thump’ He looked at her weirdly. “Did you fall off the bed?” he asked with a mocking grin.
“Ugh…shut up. That hurt.” Phuong said getting up.
“Wait.” TOP said as he grabbed Phuong and pulled her back onto the bed. “It’s only 7:28. AM….its too early…” he wrapped his arm around her. (hugging)
“Ugh…get off.” Phuong said struggling to break free.
“Please? We’ve never had time together since you moved 2 years ago…” TOP said making his puppy-dog face. Phuong sighed.
“Aish…fine.” she gave in. It felt comfortable being hugged by her oppa.
“Phuong?”
“Hmm?”
“What do you think of me?”
“What are you talking about?  You’re my oppa!” she said punching him on the shoulder.  He felt hurt as she said those words.
“Just an oppa?” TOP asked.
“What’s wrong with you all of a sudden..”

TOP’s POV-

(Should I tell her I like her since I‘ve met her ? But wouldn’t it ruin the whole friendship thing?  Argh…)

The door opened and Mylinh poked her head in.
“Hey Phuong, what do you want for breakf-…” she started until she saw their position. “Uh…It’s a bad time, huh?” she said smiling and closed the door.
“Wait, what do you mean, bad timing?!” Phuong said getting up.  She narrowed her eyes at TOP.  “C’mon…Let’s eat breakfast.” Then she went to the restroom.  TOP sighed and got up.
“Hello everyone, breakfast is ready!” Mylinh and Trinhtrinh said as everyone gathered around in the dining room.
“Mmm! These eggs are great!” Luom said smiling.
“Yeah! It’s better then Phuong’s mac n’ cheese.!” Sang blurted.  Phuong glared at him.
“Ahah, Remember the first time Phuong cooked and she almost burnt the whole house, Sang?” TOP said laughing.  Everyone joined in with him.
“YAHH! STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!” Phuong yelled angrily.  She left the table with her food untouched.  Everyone kept laughing nonstop.
“You guys love making fun of your unnie, huh?” TOP asked.
“Yeah, but she doesn’t hold grudges..” Trinhtrinh said.
“Imma go cheer her up.” TOP said getting up.  Phuong was outside her balcony looking at the view.  TOP poked her cheek.
“Hey. So, what’s up?” he asked.  Phuong didn’t answer.
“C’mon…. I was just kidding…”  She still didn’t answer.
“Fine, I’ll just go pack my stuff and leave.” he said as he turned around.
“Wait….Don’t leave.” Phuong said grabbing his hand.
“Ahah, I wasn’t going to.” he said grinning.  Phuong sent him a death glare.
“You can never hate your oppa…”
“Yeah, you’re right. Even though you drive me crazy…I still love you, oppa.” Phuong said poking his arm.
“Hmm…I’m going to go take a walk…” she said a few minutes later.
“Okay then…” TOP said as they both walked downstairs.  Phuong grabbed her phone and walked out the door.
“Where is she going?” Luom asked with his mouth full.
“Oh, she’s going to go take a walk…” TOP replied.

WITH PHUONG

“It feels nice..” Phuong said as she walked around the park.  She didn’t notice where she was going until she bumped into someone.
“Ahh, I’m so sorry…” Phuong said helping the guy up.
“No, it’s fine.” he said grinning.  *Wow, what a cute smile* Phuong thought.
“I’m Sungmin…And you are?”
“Oh. I’m Phuong.” she said smiling.  They both sat down on a bench.  They talked a lot and the sky grew dark.
“Umm. I gotta go.” Phuong said looking at the sky.
“Oh, right. You want a ride?” Sungmin asked.
“Yeah. That’d be great.” she said.  *My lucky day…* she thought.  They got into his car and drove off.
“Well, bye and thanks for the ride.” Phuong said as she walked up the steps.
“No problem, bye.” Sungmin smiled and drive off.  *Ah…he was so cute!* she thought.  When she walked into the house she saw TOP with a worried look.
“YAH! Where were you?!” TOP yelled.
“Sheesh…I’m sorry…I guess time just got away with me….I’m sorry.” Phuong said hugging him.  TOP loosened up and smiled.
“You hungry?” he asked
“Nahh…just tired. Let’s go to bed.” she said walking upstairs.  She jumped onto the bed as TOP joined her.
“Goodnight.” they both said and soon fell asleep.

END OF CHAPTER 5

Comment? ;D