Chapter 65 : Sunbaes' Help

Jinho's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23 January 2017 (Monday), 3 p.m.

Currently at LightUp Entertainment, I had just completed my office work for the day. To kill some time, I decided to disturb Q, who was working on his music at the studio.

 

Jinho : There is no talking for me when Dongmin hyung is around! He can be really stressful...

Q : Hyung, it's basically the same as how Sky treats us! You never had to deal with it because you're older!

 

I shared some stories with him, regarding my past couple of days with Roommate. I said it was stressful, but I can't deny that I've had my fair share of fun, getting to know everyone in the house.

Even so, I try my best to balance my time with them and with De1. I'm their leader, so I shouldn't be wasting too much time in the house. It's not hard, considering that I see them everyday at work. We've made sure to have lunch together every weekday after practice sessions.

As I continued to talk about my roommates, my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I must have gotten a text message. I took it out and quickly read it.

 

Jinho : It's time for me to go. I'll see you tomorrow!

Q : Okay, hyung! Take care!

 

I left the studio and took the elevator to the lobby. I was expecting Xander and Sooyoung to pick me up outside the building. I've asked them for help on a certain matter.

Once I reached outside, I saw the two of them waving their hands at me from inside a black van. I waved back as I walked towards them and entered the van.

 

Jinho : Thank you for picking me up!

Xander : So, how was school?

 

I laughed as Xander pretended to be a father picking up his son from school.

 

Jinho : Are you two my parents?

Sooyoung : Aigoo... why did our Jinho have to grow up so fast?

 

After they had their laugh, I made a funny outburst to make sure they ended it there.

 

Jinho : I won't accept this concept. I'm only seven years younger than hyung!

Xander : Okay, okay! I understand. You want your hyung and noona's help, right?

Jinho : Yes, because I don't know how to pick a tuxedo. You guys know how to deal with fashion problems, right?

Sooyoung : Of course! Just trust your sunbaes. Let's go!

 

My friend's wedding is right around the corner, but I still don't have a tuxedo! Thus, I asked Xander for help yesterday, who then asked Sooyoung for a good place to shop for fancy clothes. One thing led to another and they ended up wanting to help me with everything.

I didn't hesitate to accept their help with this, as I see my sunbaes as experts in situations like these. Also, this was the first time I've ever truly felt like I have sunbaes that care for me. This was an experience I've never felt before, working for LightUp.

 

23 January 2017 (Monday), 3.40 p.m.

We arrived at a luxurious clothing store. Apparently, the employees here are familiar with Sooyoung. She must be a regular here.

I looked around the store as I admired all the different kinds of fancy clothes they put on display. I couldn't imagine myself actually wearing one of these outside of a stage. That's mainly because the prices on these clothes are too extravagant for me. I think a blazer here is roughly equivalent to three-months worth of my earnings.

 

Xander : You should let the tailor measure you first. That'll help you to pick out the right sizes.

Jinho : Okay! I'll do that.

 

I went towards one of the employees and asked to get myself measured. During the measurement, both my sunbaes saw how nervous I was. My body remained so still, I appeared very stiff to everyone.

 

Sooyoung : Why do you look so nervous?

Jinho : Because I'm getting my first tuxedo today. I want it to be perfect!

Xander : Really? You've never worn one when you were little?

Jinho : There was never an occasion to wear one. Hyung, does it look about the same as wearing a suit?

Xander : Not really. It feels different too.

Sooyoung : Jinho, we're going to get you the best tuxedo in the store for your first!

 

While the both of them smiled, my eyes widened in surprise. I can't possibly afford something that she would claim to be "the best tuxedo in the store".

 

Jinho : Please don't! It's my money, not noona's!

 

Xander and Sooyoung were confused towards my statement. They both looked at each other, trying to understand the situation.

 

Xander : We're renting, aren't we?

Jinho : Huh? Rent?

 

That's when they were able to piece everything together, and immediately laughed afterwards. All I knew was that I must have said something very dumb to them.

 

Sooyoung : Stupid! You can rent the tuxedo here! You don't have to buy it!

Jinho : Really?!!

 

I laughed, but out of embarrassment. I have never seen anyone rent clothing before. This new experience has definitely opened my eyes. I couldn't believe I've been missing out on this.

Xander and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter