Chapter 8

My Only One

NOBODY POV

"Soojung ah! We are going shopping after school! Wanna come along?" Eunji asked. 

Soojung shook her head. "I still have the photoshoot with that annoying guy remember?" 

"Ahh, then i guess you cant come with us then, have fun and do not fight arasso?" Eunji replied. 

Eunji, Jieun and Jiyeon then linked arms and walked off. Soojung walked in the other direction and dragged herself towards the phototaking location at the hall. She stood infront of the door and hesitated about weather to go in or not when Kai shoved her aside and opened the door walking in and not even holding the door for Soojung. Soojung simply scoffed and opened the door herself and walked in. The teacher came over and pushed the both of them towards the photographer. Both of them bowed and greeted him. They were then handed a booklet on what this photoshoot is going to be themed. The first shoot was them in their uniform thus they did not need to change. 

They headed over to the dressing room and styled their hair and put on light makeup. Kai finished first so he headed out and sat on the chair, tapping his feet impatiently. Soojung finished soon after and walked out. 

"You still look the same, why take so long." Kai said towards Soojung while looking at her from head to toe before rolling his eyes and walking off. Soojung scoffed once again at how annoying he was today. *Did he eat a bomb or something. Aish.* Soojung thought inside her head while walking over with her arms crossed. 

Their theme was high school lovers which explained their affectionate poses. Despite them disliking each other, they were really professional and even acted like they were in love. Kai put his arm over Soojung's shoulder and he smirked, while Soojung ignored him and smiled like it was nothing. They even linked arms and held hands but as soon as the photographer said 'cut', they seperated from each other and rolled their eyes. No one could understand. 

Now, it was their last shoot and it was supposed to be y thus Kai was wearing a suit and Soojung was wearing a low back dress. Their heavy make up made them look so mature. Unknowingly there was already a crowd at the phototaking area. When the both of them walked in, squeals of both guys and girls were heard, some even shouting "Just get together already!" They simply smiled while inside their head they were secretly cursing each other, occassionlly scoffing at the compliments made for the other. 

This shoot went well until suddenly, the photographer requested for them to kiss since it was supposed to be a y photoshoot. Everyone was shocked including both Kai and Soojung. Both of them have not ever had their first kiss yet and now they have to do it with the person they hate? That is ridiculous. They turned to look at the teacher who signalled for them to do it. They got into their position and inched closer and closer. The nearer they got, the louder the squeals. Their lips were now just an inch away, at that moment, Soojung suddenly pulled away. 

She looked down and sighed "I cant do this. Mianhe." she said and walked away. Kai followed after and both headed for the dressing room. Both of them had changed out of their clothes and were now wearing their school uniforms. Soojung was removing her makeup when Kai crept up beside her.

"It must have been hard for Jisung to have a PLAYGIRL like YOU to be his girlfriend. Aigoo I really wonder how your father thinks about you." Kai whispered before scoffing and walking away. Tears started streaming down Soojung's cheeks. She grabbed her bag and ran away feeling hurt. * I dont even have a father..* she thought. Kai stood there stunned, staring at soojung's backview, not understanding why she cried. The teacher witnessed everything and spoke out.

"Soojung doesnt have a father." The teacher sighed while packing her stuff.

Kai was shocked by what he just heard. He blinked a few times, looked over to the teacher and finally turned to look at Soojung which was not there anymore. *Did I say something wrong again?* Kai thought while looking at the direction where Soojung ran off, feeling a little bad.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Today was the day of the sports carnival. Everyone were sitting in the classes. After the principal finished his speech, the class representives were asked to stand at the front while holding up their flag. Kai and Soojung were waving the flag together and Soojung simply looked away not forgetting the hurtful words Kai said a few days ago.

While Soojung and Jieun got ready for their race, Sehun and Jiyeon were actually chatting happily. Unlike how they were when they just met, they sure got alot closer. They were even talking in english and thus no one could understand what they were talking about. Baekhyun suddenly called Sehun over to where he and Eunji were. As usual, they were holding hands. Sehun hesitated a little which made Baekhyun go over and pull Sehun away, leaving Jiyeon alone. 

The queenkas saw everything between Jiyeon and Sehun. They saw Sehun getting pulled away and Jiyeon alone. There was their chance. The three of them walked over to Jiyeon and started threatening her. 

"I see that you and our Sehun oppa are getting along well eh." Hyemi the leader said while tugging on Jiyeon's hair. Jiyeon cringed a little when she heard Hyemi call Sehun, oppa . 

"He is mine so dont you dare flirt with him." Hyemi continued not giving Jiyeon a chance to speak. 

"But I did not flirt with him!" Jiyeon retorted. 

Hyemi scoffed and pushed Jiyeon, "Ya, how dare you shout at me. Dont think you are all that just because you got your friends." 

By this time Jiyeon cornered by the three of them. Eunji saw what was happening and wanted to walked over , only to be stopped by Sehun. 

"She is my partner." Sehun said while glaring at the scene infront of him. Sehun walked over, he grabbed Hyemi's hand that was about to slap Jiyeon and turned her around. He in between Jiyeon and the Queenkas. With his back facing Jiyeon and his hand protecting her. 

Hyemi opened wanting to say something but before she could even utter out a single word, Sehun grabbed Jiyeon's hand and walked towards the Kingkas. Jiyeon stumbled and stared at Sehun's back. *Who knew that this arrogant guy could also be so gentle* she thought inside her head. 

The first race was about to start, all of them slowly headed over to the railings. The Queenkas stood beside Jiyeon originally but Sehun cut in and stood in between instead. Beside Jiyeon was Eunji that was with Baekhyun. At that moment, it really seemed like a double date. 

Meanwhile Kai and D.O were at the standby stands, getting ready for their race which was next. The current runners walked past them. D.O looked for Jieun and gave a goodluck sign. Soojung walked past Kai and she just ignored him, still not forgetting what he said a few days ago. Kai simply looked away, feeling a little sorry. The runners got ready. 

As expected, Soojung won the race and Jieun was last place. Kai jumped in delight while D.O sighed. 

"Its okay." D.O said and patted Jieun's head while giving her a warm smile. Jieun blushed. 

Soojung walked past while panting heavily. Kai handed Soojung a towel and a bottle of water and asked to talk after the race. Soojung hesistated but agreed in the end. Jieun gave D.O a hwaiting sign and the guys went to get ready for their race. 

Meanwhile, there was a tense atmosphere at the stands, between Jiyeon, Sehun and the Queenkas. On the other hand Baekhyun slung his arm over Eunji's shoulders and Eunji wrapped her hands around Baekhyun's waist. Jiyeon looked over while thinking *such a sweet couple.* she had envy in her eyes which Sehun saw. 

==================================================================================================================

AUTHOR'S TIME

Hi! Sorry for not updating for so long was busy with my exams.Anyways regarding the poll held, its already over when i posted the next chapter and when i posted the following chapter after the poll, there were more votes for remaining the oroginal plot thats why it isnt changed to focused on jiyeon and sehun. Hope you guys understand. Sorry if this is boring and all. Thanks for reading, and please subscribe, comment and vote! :) love you readers :)

SIGNING OFF,

Dreamz ✌