Chapter Seven

The Perfect Day To Say I Love You

 

“Things went well with him, didn’t it?”
 
Her mother said as soon as Eun Mi came into the kitchen that morning to fix herself some breakfast.
 
“Good morning to you too, umma.” She said with a faint smile playing on her lips. It was both for the purpose of greeting her mother and an attempt at dodging the subject.
 
“It would be a really good morning if you answered my question.” Her mother retorted back after she took a sip of her coffee.
 
Eun Mi turned her back towards her mother, acting like she was busy making a sandwich when she was actually just hiding the blush that came across her cheeks. “It’s not actually a question. It was a statement which you wanted me to either confirm or deny and, knowing you well, it would be better for me if I did neither. Besides, nothing I say would change your mind anyway because I’m pretty sure you already have an answer for that yourself… Oh, and I’m gonna be late for work.”
 
“It would have been easier and shorter for you if you just answered either ‘yes’ or ‘no’.” Her mother raised an eyebrow at her.
 
“Got to go, umma.” Eun Mi turned and smiled at her before heading out of the kitchen.
 
“Aigoo, this child really! No matter. With the blush on your cheeks, the wide smile on your face and that twinkle in your eyes, the answer’s written quite clearly in your face!”
 
Eun Mi rolled her eyes but let the wide smile play on her lips anyway.
 
Yes, last night was the best night of her life. She and Yoochun shared a passionate kiss and, after that, spent the rest of their time just walking around, joking with each other and just enjoying their moment with each other in comfortable silence. And when Yoochun dropped her off, they shared yet another, though shorter, kiss.
 
Everything about that date was so perfect. No, correction. Everything about that date seemed so perfect.
 
Things went so well that Eun Mi was quite scared of how their relationship would turn out now. She was sure Yoochun would want it to go one step forward—officially—but she questioned if she herself was ready for it.
 
Eun Mi wasn’t the dating type. Before Yoochun came along, she turned down every suitor that came (lost was the word she’d usually use) her way. She didn’t want to get committed. Not when she was certain every relationship she’ll have will end up in heartbreak. 
 
But with Yoochun…
 
Half of her wanted to take that risk while half of her didn’t. There was something about him that was different from the other guys. He’s loving, caring and surely more persistent. And she was sure that she truly had feelings for him.
 
“Perhaps that is why I should just say no.” Eun Mi mumbled to herself with a sigh.
 
 
+♥+
 
 
There were three things that Eun Mi had expected that morning and three out of three expectations were met. First one was that Ri In and Onew would bombard her with questions about the date as soon as she entered the cafe. Second one was that after twenty minutes of silence from Eun Mi, Onew would give up while Ri In would bug her until the world ends or until Eun Mi finally answers her questions, whichever came first. And the third one was that Park Yoochun would stop by the café again.
 
What Eun Mi didn’t expect was that Park Yoochun would be requesting a private audience with her and a widely smiling Ri In quickly ushered them both to the pantry. Although Yoochun quickly led her to the back, knowing full well that Ri In would be eavesdropping on them if they stayed in the pantry and Eun Mi wouldn’t like that.
 
“Y-You want to talk to me about something?” She asked carefully, even though she already had a pretty good idea why Yoochun wanted to talk to her.
 
“Yes… and it just can’t wait until your shift is over.” He said, chuckling lightly before turning serious again. “Eun Mi-yah, last night got me thinking…”
 
“Thinking… about what?” She asked, heart beating furiously as Yoochun keenly gazed at her.
 
“About everything. My feelings for you… and how badly I want to call you mine. I want us to be official and so I’m asking, Eun Mi-yah, will you be…” Yoochun hesitated, feeling his nerves get the better of him but he persisted. “Eun Mi-yah, will you be my girlfriend?”
 
Yoochun stopped himself from biting his lip. The seconds that passed by were grueling and he could almost feel his knees shaking terribly.
 
“Y-Yoochun-ah…” Eun Mi muttered, almost breathlessly. She knew he would ask this eventually but it still felt surreal when he asked it. “I told you that you shouldn’t—”
 
“Eun Mi-yah,” He said, cutting her off. He was feeling another rejection coming on. With his heart sinking, Yoochun tried to prevent it or, at least, stall it. “All I ask of you is to be true to yourself. And I know you feel the same way. Can we just… Can we just give it a shot? You and me… just one shot.”
 
Eun Mi stayed silent for a moment. Just one shot. Just one. Should she risk it or should she not? Maybe…
 
Not really sure of what to think, Eun Mi just decided to follow her heart, so she nodded.
 
And perhaps things wouldn’t go so well with the two of us, and there's still that hope that Yoochun would be saved from an even bigger heartbreak.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------;♥
Comments are much appreciated! :)
Just to remind everyone, this is angst so not everything in here will be rainbows and unicorns. xD