Chapter Four

The Perfect Day To Say I Love You

 

 
A heavenly melody swayed into the cool air. The people were mesmerized. All eyes were on him as he carefully played the grand piano in the middle of the beautifully lit gardens, the song he was singing never failed to capture the hearts of his audience. And then he ended the song. A round of applause erupted from the gathered crowd. He stood up and bowed. His eyes then moved around the crowd in search of one particular pair. He saw her instantly. She was even more beautiful tonight, more breathtaking. He smiled more widely. The loud applause of the crowd was nothing compared to the loud thumping of Yoochun’s heart when Eun Mi smiled brightly back at him.
 
 
+♥+
 
 
Yoochun played a few more songs that night at the wedding reception. The crowd loved his performance. He made the crowd swoon and the married couple fall in love all over again, at least that’s what they said. And Yoochun secretly hoped that he was that good to make Eun Mi fall in love with him.
 
“You were great!” The bride’s sister approached him after the reception was over and he was there to look for Eun Mi. Most of the guests have left and only the close relatives of the couple, a few staff of the place and, of course, Yoochun were left.
 
“Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He replied. It wasn’t a moment later that Eun Mi joined them, to the composer’s delight.
 
“Ah, Eun Mi-yah, there you are!” The lady said. “I was just talking to this amazing pianist and singer here. Wherever did you find him?”
 
Eun Mi giggled. “A friend of mine introduced me to him.” She said. “Speaking of introductions, Yoochun”—she turned to him and smiled—“this is my mother. Umma, this is Yoochun.”
 
“Oh.” Was Yoochun first reaction before he bowed down and smiled at Eun Mi’s mother. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. Now I see where Eun Mi gets her good looks from.”
 
“Aigoo.” The lady said. “You are such a fine pianist and singer but a very bad liar.” She chuckled. “But the pleasure’s mine, all the same.”
 
Another relative walked by and called for Eun Mi’s mother. She bowed and excused herself, leaving Yoochun and Eun Mi alone.
 
“You were really great, by the way.” She said as they made their way to the part of the gardens where no one else was there.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“That was just amazing. The way you sang… Everybody loved you. It’s almost as if you’re not the same hot headed douche bag with a ridiculously wide forehead.” Eun Mi giggled.
 
“Yah!” Yoochun pouted. “That compliment was fine until you added the insult at the end.”
 
“What? It’s the truth!” She said, mocking seriousness.
 
Both of them chuckled as they sat on a bench under a tree.
 
“But, seriously, Yoochun-ah, thank you very much for doing this at the last minute. You don’t know how much it meant to my aunt and uncle.”
 
Yoochun smiled. “It was my pleasure. Besides, I didn’t really have anything planned for tonight so it’s okay.”
 
“Oh really?” Eun Mi raised an eyebrow. She took out her phone from her purse and showed Yoochun the text message Junsu had sent. He was asking Eun Mi where Yoochun was and said they were supposed to crash into the composer’s apartment tonight. Yoochun just blinked as he read the message.
 
“Apparently you did have plans for tonight.” She said, more amused than anything else as she placed her phone in back her purse.
 
Yoochun just chuckled. “Oh, that. I forgot about that. And I think Junsu and Jae-hyung were just planning to watch a movie or something. It’s not that important. How did Junsu get your number anyway?”
 
“Ri In probably gave it to him… Still, thank you, even if you ditched your friends for this.” Eun Mi smiled.
 
“I already told you it was my pleasure. And don’t worry,” he added when he saw her forehead crease. “Hyung and Junsu would forgive me for ditching them. They would understand.”
 
He smiled back. They sat there staring at each other for a few seconds more.
 
“You’re really kind Yoochun-ah. I mean, you’re almost like a brother to me.”
 
Yoochun just frowned. “A brother?”
 
Eun Mi looked at him curiously. “You don’t want a brother? A best friend then, one of my bestest friends.” She smiled.
 
Yoochun went silent. It took him a few moments before he finally mustered up the courage to speak. “Eun Mi-yah, have you ever considered me as more than a friend?” He wasn’t sure whether it was the right time to say it, but he had to make a move sooner or later.
 
“W-What do you mean?” She blinked at him and he looked at her straight in the eyes.
 
“I meant, more than friends… You and me, together.”
 
“O-Oh…” She stuttered. Eun Mi looked down, unable to think of what to say next. A pregnant silence passed between them. Yoochun never left his gaze on her while she did her best to look at everything else but him.
 
It was a while until Eun Mi cleared and slowly stood up. “I think we should better get going. I think they’ll be finished cleaning up soon.” She said, careful not to look at Yoochun.
 
With a heavy heart, he too stood up and slowly walked behind her. They were about to head back to the lobby of the reception hall when Eun Mi noticed her hands were a little light. Realizing she left her purse on the bench, she quickly turned around. It had left her mind that Yoochun was just behind her and she hastily tripped. She would have fallen if he hadn’t caught her just in time.
 
“You okay?” He asked, helping her to stand up straight.
 
“Er, yeah.” She answered. “I… I just forgot my purse.”
 
He was still holding onto her when Eun Mi looked up at him. Yoochun’s soft brown eyes met her gaze. It was then she realized how close they were. His body, his face, his eyes, his lips were mere inches away. Not to mention the fact that his arms were around her and that his touch was secretly sending shivers down her spine. Eun Mi swallowed nervously. She was frozen in her spot, unable to look away from Yoochun’s gaze. And he was well aware of this. With his heart beating erratically in his chest, Yoochun acted on impulse.
 
It was sudden. It was unexpected. It was sweet. All of a sudden Eun Mi felt Yoochun’s lips on hers. They were soft and gentle. And Eun Mi couldn’t help but close her eyes as her knees felt weak. But as soon as it started, it ended. Realization came rushing in and Eun Mi’s eyes opened wide. She pulled away from the kiss, breathing heavily and eyes looking down, refusing to meet Yoochun’s. There was silence between them for a moment until Yoochun opted to break it.
 
“Eun Mi-yah—” he was about to say but she cut him off.
 
“It’s getting late.” She said too hastily as she pulled away from him. Eun Mi went to retrieve her purse before quickly walking towards the lobby. Yoochun was left standing alone, frozen in his place.
 
 
+♥+
 
 
As soon as she arrived home, Eun Mi went straight up to her room and locked herself in there. She leaned against the door, trembling fingers on her lips. The scene earlier replayed in her mind for the umpteenth time. Yoochun’s arms around her, his lips on hers. Her heart went crazy at just the thought of it and she cursed herself under her breath for it.
 
Damn it, she thought. Park Yoochun just stole her first kiss.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------;♥
Comments are ALWAYS LOVED! :)
and they finally kissed. yay! :)))
but I think I seem to have a knack for making my characters "run away" from the boys. LOLOLOL~