Chapter Five

The Perfect Day To Say I Love You

 

Yoochun couldn’t sleep. He tossed and turned as the scene of him and Eun Mi locking lips earlier kept repeating in his head. Yoochun his lips for the umpteenth time, trying to see if the taste of her soft, plump lips lingered on his. It still did. Even the feel of her lips on his was still there. The kiss was so vivid in his memory that Yoochun’s heart jumped as excitedly as it did earlier that night. But, with it, came the vivid image of Eun Mi’s rejection. She didn’t say anything out loud but with the way she turned away from him, Yoochun knew he acted rashly. He hoped, more than anything that even with what had happened, Eun Mi would still treat him as a friend.
 
Yoochun sighed and closed his eyes, letting only the memory of that one sweet kiss play over and over again in his mind to make him feel a bit better. His lips pressing against hers… His skin on her skin as he held her… The way she seemed to relax under his touch…
 
And then he remembered it…
 
Yoochun bolted upright from his bed. It was just one little detail. It had happened so fast that he almost overlooked it. But Yoochun was sure it did happen and not some figment of his imagination.
 
Eun Mi returned the kiss. She pressed her lips against his for just a fraction of a second. She even breathed as heavily as he did after they broke off.
 
Yoochun told himself he still had a chance.
 
 
+♥+
 
 
Yoochun woke up at 8am the next day but it was only at half past ten did he finally came out of his apartment. It wasn’t because it took him too long to shower. It only took him 15 minutes to shower and 10 more minutes to prepare. No, it took him long because of his good ol’ nerves. He swore—but would never tell anyone—that his knees were shaking earlier at just the thought of having to speak one word to Eun Mi after last night. But Yoochun eventually gathered enough courage to move, walk and talk.
 
His first stop was at the café. Unfortunately for him, only Ri In and Onew were there since Yoochun apparently forgot it was Eun Mi’s day off. Biting his lip, he asked for Eun Mi’s address, which Ri In gladly and excitedly gave (she even gave details on how to get there and what landmarks to look for). Smiling gratefully, Yoochun bowed a word of thanks and set off.
 
It took him a while to get to the place but he did manage to arrive after an hour or so. Nervously taking in a lungful of air, Yoochun slowly approached the gate. Hoping he was at the right house, he carefully rang the door bell.
 
The next 20 seconds felt like a very stressful eternity as he waited, with trembling knees, for the gate to open. It finally did and his heart leapt out of his chest when he saw Eun Mi face to face.
 
“Y-Yoochun-ah.” She said, clearly surprised. An adorable shade of red crossed her cheeks and her eyes immediately went to gaze at anywhere but him. “W-What are you, what are you doing here? H-How did you know where my house is?”
 
“Erm, well…” The once suave pianist found himself stuttering and unable to get the words out of his mouth. “I came by the café but they said it’s your day off then Ri In gave me your address so, here I am.” He smiled, trying yet failing to ignore his wobbling knees and his now crazed heart.
 
“O-Oh…” Eun Mi muttered. It was obvious that she too was a little lost for words. She was looking down at the ground, adamantly refusing to look Yoochun in the eye.
 
“Oh, Yoochun-sshi!” Eun Mi’s mother greeted from behind her daughter. “You’re here! Why don’t you come inside? It’s more comfortable than standing out here.”
 
“N-No!”
“N-no.” They both said it at the same time, Yoochun a little bit shyly while Eun Mi a little bit forcefully.
 
“No, thank you.” Yoochun said before Eun Mi could utter something. “I’ll just be quick. I, uh, just came to ask Eun Mi something.”
 
“Okay then, Yoochun-sshi. I’ll just leave you two alone to talk.” She said, walking away towards their little garden so that the two can have a talk.
 
“Eun Mi-yah,” Yoochun continued, looking at her almost pleadingly but she remained staring firmly at everything else.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“I just came to ask… Er, well,” Yoochun started. Here goes. “If you were free tonight. I mean, if you are then we could go to a movie or something.”
 
“O-Oh…” Eun Mi mumbled, the blush on her cheeks turning into a deeper shade. “To-tonight? Er, mianhe, Yoochun-sshi but… but I need to, I need to babysit my nieces for tonight. Their parents will be out so no one else would look after them, you see.”
 
Yoochun’s heart sank. “Oh. Huh. Well, I guess… I guess some other time then.”
 
Before Eun Mi could open to speak, her mother returned. “Oh, that reminds me Eun Mi-yah. Ara-yah called this morning. She said their dinner party was postponed and that you don’t need to babysit the kids. I guess you’re free tonight after all.” She grinned at her daughter, a grin that told Eun Mi that her mother knew she was wiggling her way out of this one. She was thankful that Yoochun was on the other side of the gate and wasn’t able to see her mother’s expression, although he could clearly hear her.
 
. She thought to herself.
 
“So you’re free tonight?” Eun Mi finally looked up at Yoochun to see him smiling at her. She stopped herself from swooning at his charming smile.
 
“Er, yeah. I guess.”
 
“So, I’ll pick you up at 6?” Yoochun was smart in choosing what to ask. And Eun Mi had no choice but to nod.
 
“Great.” He beamed. “I’ll see you then.”
 
“Yeah. See you then.” She mumbled.
 
 
+♥+
 
 
As soon as Eun Mi knew Yoochun was far enough, she leaned on the gate and let out a sigh. Yoochun just asked her out. He personally came here to ask her out. It was easier to make a phone call, easier to say no to, but he just had to drop by and personally ask her.
 
“You shouldn’t have done that, you know?” Eun Mi spat, glaring at her mother who was now sipping tea and sitting on one of the wooden chairs on their little garden.
 
“I had to. The poor boy made all this way to ask you to go on a date with him. His effort would be wasted if you lied.”
 
“His efforts will be wasted because I’m not interested.”
 
Eun Mi’s mother placed her cup down and stared at her hard-headed daughter. “You’re even lying to yourself. I saw how you looked at Yoochun-sshi last night, and even just now… You like him a lot. But your stubbornness is getting in the way.”
 
Eun Mi’s angry expression turned soft at her mother’s comment. “You do know I can’t ever let this go on any further, if I did—”
 
“You, of all people, deserve happiness.” Her mother cut her off, her tone serious. “Don’t do this to yourself.”
 
Eun Mi turned away from her mother. “That’s out of the question. I don’t deserve it… and Yoochun doesn’t too.”
 
Her mother didn’t say anything as Eun Mi quickly marched inside the house.
 
 
 
------------------------;♥
Comments are loved! :)
updates for this fic are faster since my notes for this one were written down on my notebook.
my other fics' notes were stored in my documents but they got deleted because I needed to reformat so updates on those may be really, really late.  xDD