The dream man?

Pineapples and Grapes

It is said that every act done leads to a creation of another universe. This being said, a parallel dimension is possible. Back in her bedroom, Ahrim wishes she could travel to the other universe where she did not throw the chocolate at Kris. She is immersed in her thought that she did not hear Jiwon coming back. Jiwon coming back is actually not that obvious anyway. But! Ahrim should have noticed this. Jiwon came back, yes, but, with bubble tea and soondae, Ahrim’s favourite. All food is her favourite, anyway. Before going in the living room, Jiwon observes the place.

Ahrim’s not home?

“Ahrim-ah!” Jiwon only gets a weak “unnie” as an answer. Living with her for one year, Jiwon is certain that something severe happened. Last time Ahrim did not notice food coming in the house was she noticed she gains weights during the finals of her second year of high school. Jiwon has to be a cool manager. She knocks and turns the door knob opened, “Ahrim-ah, I brought soondae and bubble tea.” Jiwon offers the best smile she could which unknowingly shapes her lips in a rectangle shape.

“Really?” Ahrim immediately shoots up from the blanket.

I knew that food can comfort her! Jiwon gives a small fist pump to her inner angel.

In the kitchen, Ahrim and Jiwon enjoy the snack. However, both have different thoughts.

How can I tell unnie about ahjusshi?

I wonder what Ahrim wants to eat for dinner after?

“Unnie”

“What do you…”

Both react at the same time. “Unnie, you go first.” Being the nice dongseang, Ahrim offers Jiwon to speak first. Jiwon smiles back to show her appreciation.

“What do you want to eat later?”

“Ah?” Ahrim almost choked herself on bubbles. “euh… How about you decide, manager-nim? Hehe…” Jiwon was satisfied with the answer until she heard the end of the sentence. She squeezes her eyes in a thin line.

“What. Did. You. Do?” Jiwon emphasizes every word.

“Hehehe….” Ahrim awkwardly smiles and scratches her head making her bun loosen. “Unnie... Hehe” Ahrim slurps her bubble tea faster.

“Don’t me make say this again.” Jiwon stays firm. Ahrim immediately puts her hands together and bows down her head, asking for forgiveness.

“Unnie, I am so sorry! Someone knows about me!”

“What!?!” Jiwon stands up after hitting the table extremely hard with her palm causing Ahrim to flinch.

Ahrim is worried about this issue. She does not really care about getting her image ruined, okay, maybe a little bit, but the boss might get mad at Jiwon and eventually causing her manager to lose her job. Oh no! Ahrim can’t let that happen, she is more determined to settle things down with Kris Wu.

“Who knows about it?”

“You know, the director of the shopping mall.” Ahrim answers with a small voice.

“Mr. Wu? How did he find out?”

Ahrim quickly explains the encounter at the supermarket leaving out details like going to his office twice and hitting him with the chocolate.

Jiwon sighs, “I’ll try to meet him,” and goes back to her room.

“Unnie, mianhae…”

Jiwon just waves her hand. Ahrim feels guilty of letting her cover off so easily. She should have been more cautious. Now that she’s alone in the kitchen, with the plate of soondae empty in front of her, she just remembers an important problem.

Unnie, what are we eating for dinner?…

*

Jiwon is very efficient as a manager. It is shown in the fact that she manages to get a dinner with Kris Wu extremely quick. When Kris arrives at the restaurant, a high class one, Ahrim and Jiwon were already there. Kris could swear Jiwon pinches Ahrim on the thigh when he came to make sure the girl is doing well. Jiwon immediately stands up and pulls Ahrim with her. Ahrim still has her head low.

“Good evening, Mr. Wu.” Jiwon tugs on Ahrim’s dress.

“Good evening Mr. Wu.” Ahrim bows.

“Good evening.” Kris says with his straight face.

Jiwon knows how to deal with these situations. Awkwardness does not exist in Kim Jiwon’s dictionary. They were about to order when Jiwon receives a call from Mrs. Yang, the boss of the agency.

“What?”

“…” A voice can be heard through the cellphone but not a word is understandable.

“No problem! I’ll come right away!” Jiwon immediately stands while getting her purse.

“Mr Wu, I’m so sorry, we have to leave. There’s an emergency at the agency.”

Ahrim quickly looks at Jiwon with big eyes telling: “Are you serious? We came to the best steak house in town just to sit and leave?” Ahrim can’t let that happen. She wants steak!

“Unnie, how about I stay with Mr. Wu and you go handle the emergency?” Ahrim offers her professional smile. Jiwon is perplexed at this. Then, she read from Ahrim’s eyes: “I have to eat this steak to die happy” and understands the situation. She sighs, accepts, gives her credit card to Ahrim and bows once again before leaving.

Not too long after Jiwon left, just after they finished ordering, Ahrim’s cellphone lets out a small beep! Ahrim excuses herself to read the text,

Jiwon: “Don’t forget to keep your secret! You pay for the meal with my card!”

Ahrim discreetly rolls her eyes and quickly immersed herself back in the thought of being able to eat the best steak. Unfortunately, she seems to forget she is with Kris Wu. When she looks up from her cellphone, her eyes meet with Kris’ I-don’t-care-about-you face. She lets out a nervous laugh,

“The weather’s quite good today right?”

“If snowing is good, then yes.” Kris calmly answers. Ahrim curses herself. She decided to stay silent until the meal comes. Ahrim is usually glad when there’s food and wishes for the meal to last forever but right now, the only thought she has in mind, which she never thought would occur to her, is for the meal to end as quickly as possible. Of course, she seems to forget that maybe she has to beg Kris a little bit for him to keep her secret. That’s alright but all thought just left her mind when she finally saw her dream ma… cough cough, her dream steak! Kris can almost see stars in her eyes when the steaks came. His inner devil just insults Ahrim. A pig label is quickly associated to Ahrim. Kris thinks that at the end of the dinner, he might be able to recognize Ahrim just by looking at the top of her head. With her face in her plate, she only shows the top of her head to Kris. Luckily, in this five class restaurant, they reserved a booth in the corner. Maybe that’s why, she let herself eat like this. Oh, no! Kris, you’re making a big mistake. Jung Ahrim eats a lot, a lot, a lot, messier than this. Seeing Ahrim, with her face in her plate, Kris could not stop himself from imagining a turtle. With this thought, he let out a laugh.

Ahrim is offended.How can he laugh! What is he laughing at? Ahrim looks up with her cheeks full of steak to Kris’ smile. That moment, Kris could not hold back his laughter anymore. Ahrim can see his gums and she actually finds it cute.

Ahjusshi is quite cute when he laughs… Shocked by her own thought, Ahrim goes back to her plate. Kris finally stops laughing but a smile is still hung on his lips.

“I’ll bring you home after this.”

“Alright, thank you.” Ahrim still mumbles in her plate.

“I’ll not tell anyone about you.”

“Alright, thank you.” Ahrim is still polite? No, she is just still shocked by ahjusshi’s cuteness that she forgot to react.

“What? You say you’ll keep my secret?” Finally, Ahrim returns from the moon.

“Yes.” Kris replies and finishes his steak.

“Assa!” Ahrim smiles and returns to her plate? No, she finally eats like a normal person would do.