Ahrim goes to school

Pineapples and Grapes

Hair, check. Makeup, check. Outfit, check! Even uniform can’t cover my beauty. HA HA HA! Oh! Perfume! Can’t forget that!

Ahrim looks at herself one last time before grabbing her school backpack.

“BYE UNNIE!” She gets no response. Of course, Jiwon is still sleeping since she starts later. Ahrim takes a deep breath, straightens her back and walks to school. Ahrim’s apartment is not that far from school. She usually walks to school. Never was there once that people saw Jung Ahrim take public transport. Since she moved away from her parents’ house to accommodate her schedule, she never took the bus again. Her parents were never home so she was quite happy to move. No, no. they are not always on business trip. They were in the neighbour city working. Ahrim actually comes from a middle-class family. Mr. and Mrs. Jung were happy when they knew Ahrim scored a contract with a well-known agency. They were also more relieved to know that there will be someone to take care of their daughter. They were away but they still love their one and only daughter. They work hard for her. Ahrim knows that so she is thankful but at the same time, she hopes her parents would be more present for her.

“Ahrim!” The said girl turns around and sees her best friend, Ahn Sojin. Sojin is the only one who knows about Ahrim. They know each other since diapers era. Just a small facial changes from each other, they know what they’re up to.

“Good morning, Sojin.” Ahrim greets her friend with a professional smile. Sojin rolls her eyes and sighs. She comes closer to Ahrim and whispers,

“Girl, don’t try to maintain your image with me.” Ahrim is a bit startled and whispers back,

“Even if I know that, you know that I can’t ruin my image.” After saying that, Ahrim smell bagels. She smells bagels with cream cheese. She has a nose as efficient as a dog’s. She whispers in her friend’s ear,

“Bagel?”

“With cream cheese, your favourite.” They exchange a few more wiggles of the eyebrows and laugh creepily.

“Hihihi!” Before Ahrim loses control on her facial expression, Sojin quickly pinches her side,

“Image, girl, image.” Ahrim straightens her back,

“Thank you, dear.” Ahrim confidently smiles and puts her hair behind her ear. Together, they walk toward that brown building they call school.

“Hi Ahrim, Hi Sojin!” “Good morning, sunbae-nim.” “Hello, Ahrim” “Sunbae-nim!” Ahrim and Sojin walk through the school getting greetings from everyone. Who does not know Jung Ahrim? And if you know Ahrim, you know Sojin. Everyone knows that they are inseparable. Ahrim wears her usual smile on. She is professional! On the other hand, Sojin keeps herself distracted with her phone. She is not good with dealing with the crowd. Arriving in the classroom, Sojin let out a big sigh of relief.

“Finally!” Ahrim only smiles and does not say anything. At school, Ahrim keeps herself shut. She knows that once she talks, her image is going down. Jiwon threatens her to shut up outside and keep smiling. Sojin is here to help her. The first few months, Sojin was not here, Ahrim almost got discovered. She used to talk on the phone for hours with Sojin to complain about her difficult and unhuman school life. Now, with Sojin, at least, she can get food. After all, food is all that matter.

The bell rings signaling the start of the lessons. Ahrim still has to pretend to be a good girl. She sits up straight and takes notes on her notebook. Oops, she sits up straight and pretend to take notes diligently. She wishes she can sleep like Sojin. Looking at her right side, she discreetly rolls her eyes. Luckily, she still has her notebook. She can draw all the things she likes, for example, hamburgers, ice creams, apples, samgyupsal, soondae, chicken feet. Right, chicken feet! Her favourite meal! She can almost drool thinking about it. But no! Jung Ahrim has to maintain her perfect, innocent, fragile and sweet princess image. Fortunately, class quickly ends. It was not that boring actually. The teacher is funny so she laughed at his jokes. She also chatted with her classmates while Sojin carried on with her nap. The bell disturbed her. She quickly shoots up from the table and quickly touches her chin making sure there’s no drool. Girls tease Sojin while the girl shyly scratches her head and brushes her hair with her two hands. School of Performance Art, also known as SOPA, is a well-known school in the area. Being the top art school in the city has its advantages, but there are also downs. As of an example, the school is for both girls and boys, but they are separated. They don’t study in the same classroom. Other facilities can be shared but the classroom is either only for girls, or boys. But, the students can takes days off easily. As most of the students are trainees, or debuted artists, SOPA takes things easily.

Now that the morning classes are done, it’s that time of the day again!

OH YEEEAH!

Ahrim gives a small fist pump in her heart. She takes her backpack and stands up. Getting the hint, Sojin also quickly stands up.

“Ahrim, Sojin, where are you going?” a classmate with shoulder-length hair asked. “We’re eating together right?”

As always, Sojin does the talking. “Of course, we are. We’re just going to the bathroom. We’ll be back.” Ahrim smiles and nods.

Ahrim and Sojin walk to the main floor and try to get in the restroom discreetly. In the restroom, they quickly go in the locker room.

“Quick! Eat fast!” Sojin guards in the doors avoiding in case anyone comes in. She pinches her nose making a nasal voice.

“Sojin-ah, thank you so much!” Ahrim says almost with tears of happiness. “But, don’t you think it stinks a little bit? The gym class must have been hard this morning.” She gulps down all the rice and pork chop in the bento box. Less than five minutes later, it is already empty. Ahrim rubs her stomach,

“It is so good… Can I have more?” Ahrim asked with her bling bling eyes. Sojin is already packing up,

“No, let’s go! They will suspect!”

“Sojin-ah…” Ahrim lies down on the bench. Sojin pulls her up and goes to the door. In front of the people, Ahrim keeps smiling even if she is crying inside.

“Hey girls, we’re back!” Sojin grabs two chairs and pulls it near the big table made of two desks. Ahrim sits down next to Sojin and Hyeri, an current idol. For once, she is at school today.

“Hi!” Ahrim greets and takes out her lunch box from her backpack.

“Wow, Ahrim, salad again! I respect you! How can you only eat salad.” Ahrim lightly laughs and does not answer. Sojin is laughing out loud inside herself. Eating salad? Ha Ha Ha! She just ate pork chops. Miyeon opens her lunch box and soon, a very good smell appears, an oily and fat smell. Ahrim looks quickly.

Kimchi Jigae! How dare her!

Ahrim starts to think that Miyeon is doing that on purpose to tempt her. Sojin lightly kicks her foot under the desk before the model could eat Miyeon’s lunch in her mind.

At school, lunch is the best and the worst time of the day for Ahrim.

“We’re going to take a walk before class. See you later!” Ahrim politely says and takes Sojin’s hand.

“Indeed, as coming from our goddess, taking a walk after lunch. So perfect!” Her classmates worship.

Hyeri just lightly shakes her head and laughs. Ahrim is a little jealous of Hyeri. Hyeri is more popular than her. An idol is, of course, more well-known than a mere model. Hyeri is also getting more recognition since their Don’t forget me promotion. Opposed to Ahrim, Hyeri does not really have an image to maintain. Lucky enough, she just has to be herself.

Ahrim and Sojin walk to the school’s back yard. With their arms linked, Sojin keeps glancing right and left.

“He’s there! Do you see him?”

“Yes, who can hide a 185 cm guy at school?” Ahrim silently answers back. There are not a lot of people outside right now, but Ahrim still has to be cautious.

“Oh my god, my heart…” Sojin faked to faint in Ahrim’s arms. Ahrim quickly holds her. Since two weeks again, Sojin and Ahrim’s favourite activity after lunch, is stalking Sojin’s crush. They used after-lunch walk as an excuse and wander in front of the basketball court to see THE crush, Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol is Sojin’s secret goal, but she does not have enough courage to approach him. She could just watch him from afar, or as Ahrim says, “stalk him”. Chanyeol is, after all, SM entertainment’s famous trainee. Before, he was only seen as a normal tall student, but one day, when people discovered he acted in Girls’ Generation’s MV, his popularity exploded at school.

“Quick, let’s hide behind that tree!” Sojin grabs Ahrim and pulls her behind. Being the goddess, of course, she won’t do gestures that can ruin her. She just stands beside while Sojin takes out her phone and takes pictures of Chanyeol.

“Sojin, this is really creepy.” Ahrim says with determination.

“But I want to take some pictures and upload them on the forums! Some many people will want to see Chanyeol sweating! Hihi, Chanyeol sweating. Hehe” Sojin maniacally laughs. Ahrim decides that it is enough. Being a public figure, she knows how it feels to have someone take paparazzi pictures of yourself.

“Stop! That is so weird!” She extends her hands to take the phone. Sojin keeps her phone tight in her embrace. “No!” “Give me that!” Sojin quickly looks over to Chanyeol’s side.

“He’s looking!” Sojin hides behind the tree.

“Who?” Being retarded, Ahrim does not have time to react. When she turns around, she realized the guys in the basketball court are looking at her, including Chanyeol. She professionally smiles and waves at the guys. A few guys faked to have arrows going through their heart. She lightly laughs and goes away. Passing by the tree, she gives a glare to Sojin telling her I’ll get back! Realizing that the guys are no longer looking, she continues to take pictures.

Hohoho, Chanyeol is so handsome! His sweat, his hair flying because of the wind… awwwwn…

Sojin is melting inside. While Sojin is still being paparazzi, Ahrim walks back to the classroom. Greeting her classmates, she sits down in her seat and takes out her phone. On the homepage of the forum, she already sees new pictures of Chanyeol playing basketball. A red hot label is already next to the topic. She looks at her classmates; most of them are on their cellphones.

Of course, they are as weird as Sojin. Hehe, I’m as weird as Sojin. Hehe so they are as weird as me. Hehe.. HA! HA! HA! That’s good!

Before she could carry on with her imagination, Sojin is already at her seat and the teacher is walking inside. After lunch, the best thing to do after taking a walk is… an afternoon nap. Ahrim has a dying desire to sleep. A vibration coming from the skirt’s pocket interrupts her.

“There’s a photo-shoot this Friday after school. It lasts 3 days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I’ll pick you up after school!” – Manager unnie

“No problem! Unnie, I’m hungry… T___T” Ahrim sends back.

After a few more minutes, there’s also no response.

Unnie…Food…T___T


Sorry! I didn't have time to update yesterday! Black Friday shopping is a bad idea!

Leave comments and enjoy!

;) xoxo