Manipulation

Death Note ; Rebirth Of The Shinigami

I stared at the Death God behind Jiyong and tried my best to cross my arms calmly. I wanted to stay composed in front of him. I cannot let him think that I’m a weakling.

 

“I can tell now.” I said in a low tone. “Surely I ain’t hallucinating any of these.” I said, almost sure that all of these was real. I flicked my fingers together, trying to sort out whatever that was going on in front of me. I cannot flinch and I cannot be afraid because so long as I show a tinge of it appearing in my actions, these people would think that I’m weak and no way would I allow any of that to happen.

 

“So, why would you let me know any of these?” I questioned Jiyong, suspicious of his motives. He chuckled and swiftly snatched my bag, retrieving the notebook that I have been using for my personal studies.

 

“You have been checking up and noticing the deaths. Tell me why I shouldn’t approach you.” He approached me intimidatingly, holding up the notebook in his hands. “I could burn this to bits, but that would ruin all the fun.” He leaned in towards me, “You are the only one smart enough to notice my movements, and there is no way I would let you off easily.”

 

I glared at him, snatching the notebook from his hands. “Since I’m smart enough, you do know I could put you to justice easily.” I tried to intimidate him but it seemed weaker than his level of intimidation. Honestly, I was afraid. He could end my life with the Death Note and those eyes as well. But since he was pursuing fun, it would not be part of his plan. However, in desperation, I will never know what could possibly happen.

 

“Not when you are going to be my accomplice.” He smirked. I turned towards him in shock.

 

“Who said I was going to be your accomplice?” I retorted.

 

“Heeya, Heeya~ You do realize that you are not the only smart one around. Making use of these powers, I could easily put all the blame on you, and take you down, Junior Detective.” His fingers held on to my chin as he made me look at him in the eyes. “You don’t want to get into any trouble, do you?”

 

I moved myself away from his hold and looked away. I may be confident in playing this game with him, but because he upholds the powers of the Death God as of now, and because I do not know much about him, I’m unclear about the things that he can really do. All these factors caused me to feel more afraid of him than I should, because I could not grasp hold of what he would have in mind for me if I went against him.

 

“Fine. I will stop investigating on you since I’ve already know everything, and I will not bother with your motives. Just take the Death Note and leave. I want nothing to do with this.” I took Reyn’s Death Note and it in Jiyong’s direction but the raven male only giggled.

 

“What makes you think I trust you?” he claimed, “You will hold on to that Death Note and become my accomplice. That’s that.” Grabbing my phone from my pocket, he started to key in his number and called his own phone, so he could have my number as well. “I will contact you soon and will be visiting you often. Don’t even try to run away.” He gently brushed his thumb against my cheek cheekily.

 

“Because you can never run away from me.”

 

After finishing what he had to say, he turned to Xera and he jumped out the window. I ran up towards the window to see Xera carrying Jiyong safely to the ground, dark purple feathered wings spread out elegantly until they reached the ground.

 

I continued watching Jiyong until he turned up to look at me. My phone vibrated and I checked the message I received.

 

To: Heeya

Goodnight and Sweet dreams ~ Remember to dream of me~

From: Jiyong

 

I scoffed when I read the message, instantly deleting it. “Why would dreaming of you be a sweet dream? Don’t contradict yourself.” I tsked before throwing my phone on my study desk, frustration overwhelming me as I realised I was left in no choice no matter what solution I have thought for myself. I was being manipulated by someone I barely knew and that was really starting to affect my mood.